Day 28: Broken Glass

Tic Toc
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: Inspired from "Bolbbalgan4-Dream" Hwarang OST. It does sound a bit similar with My Girl OST to me. But still the song are too good!

 

Woohyun sat silently as he looked around his room slowly. It had been a few years since he slept in the room and nothing changed. His mother didn't change anything, but clean them like always. He then looked at the pictures hang onto the wall. Each of the pictures held sweet memories to me. A picture with his late grandfather kept him still as he recalled the conversation he held when he was just five years old.

 

Five year old little Woohyun came back home and wailing loudly causing everyone in the wooden house ran out, including his weak grandfather. Boohyun's eyes widen when he saw little Woohyun's hand covered in blood while he held a still puppy. He walked closer to his little brother and realized what happened.

"Aigoo...what happened? Come here," his mother cooed and was about to take the body of the puppy, but little Woohyun kept it tightly to his chest, smeared the blood to his Mickey Mouse's shirt.

"A car! Car hit Namu!" he wailed and sobbed loudly. Boohyun touched the puppy and looked at his brother sadly. 

"It's dead. Let's bury him,"

"No! Omma, take Namu to doctor! Please, I beg you...save Namu!" he looked at his mother who sighed softly. What 5 year old would understand about death anyway.

"Woohyunie...baby...Let's do what hyung says, okay?" she persuaded him, but he stomped on his feet. Boohyun looked at his mother helplessly. Namu is his pet and bestfriend. Since Boohyun goes to school and have new friends, his little brother was alone after came back home from kindergarten. Their parents had to work, and his grandfather were sick and weak. Since a puppy got lost into their house, he took care of it and played with it. Even named it as Namu, because they loved to play together under the tree in the playground.

"Woohyunie, come here...let Harabeoji look at it," an old man sat on the stair and waved to the little Woohyun. He came closer, still hicupping with the puppy in his hands. The little hands then show the puppy to his grandfather. A second later, he smiled and wiped Woohyun's tears on his chubby cheeks.

"He went back home," he said. Woohyun pouted and stared at his hand confuse with the word home.

"He was chose to go back home. Isn't he lucky? But he will be sad up there if our Woohyunie behaves like this,"

"Who chose him?"

"God chose him. Not only puppy, but He chose who He loves the most,"

"He loves Namu?" Woohyun asked, almost calm. Their mother smiled at the conversation. 

"Yes. So, stop crying, okay?"

"I can't see him again? I can't play with him again? Can't he not go home?" Woohyun asked, a new tears rolled on his chubby cheeks, but wiped by the old hands.

"He will...everytime you think of him, he will come and play with you in your dream..."

"My dream?"

"Yes, when Woohyunie sleep at night..."

 

Woohyun took a deep breath and caressed the picture of his late grandfather hugging little him. Harabeoji, does it still count now?

 

 

He walked to the dining room and frozen to see his family and s. The sight reminded him the happie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter