Seventeen

Another Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first thing Mikako did when she got home was shut the door and slide down against it. Nox was asleep until she slammed it shut making him wake up and flap his wings in the process for a stretch. He looked at her for a moment and stayed in his place.

Mikako opened to say something but a cry let out and she closed her eyes as a bucket of tears were flowing down her cheek.

They didn't stop.

She felt weak and sick to her stomach.

The weight that she had on her shoulders because of the stone was coming true. She had to protect it no matter what. But everything has a price.

If she protected it, harm would come to her brothers and the others.

If she gave it up, she would still lose and others may or may not be safe.

There was no win for her.

She hiccupped a few times trying recover for her to breath. It was hard. She breathed but it only made it worse. She felt like all the oxygen was being taken away from her.

Life was unfair.

Especially when she was starting to enjoy her life.

When she tried to push herself up, her knees buckled and brought her back down to the floor. There was no use in trying to fight herself and be strong. She needed to save her energy for later and put up a strong facade for when Yoonji came over later.

It was the only thing she could do.

She couldn't tell anyone.

She wished Jongup was here but it only make it worse and he wouldn't let her out of his sight. She would have to find a way to get around him and the others if they were around.

Nox let out a screech making Mikako flinch in the process. She stayed in her place for a few more minutes until pushing herself up and look out the window. There was nothing.

"Nox things are going to be ugly." She said to him as he turned to look at her. "At some point you need to fly away from here and be safe. I won't lose you in the process."

He only looked at her and let out another screech.

She hoped he understood what she had said. Nox was a dear friend to her and she didn't want to lose him. She didn't want to lose anyone.

Turning away from the window, she went to her room and grabbed the small rag bag that had the stone as she placed it under her pillow for the time being. She took it out and felt relaxed and calm. The power it has affected her and she felt a bit better.

For now.

She wished many times that the stone burned that night and then she wouldn't have to deal with it. It was pressure given to her and unfair.

Life is never fair.

She let a few more tears flow down and she knew probably after tomorrow, she was going to see her parents and sister again.

She found her brothers finally and along with that, she found someone she was starting love. Now it was being torn away. What luck.

It was time, she needed to prepare and get a few things ready.

There was no time to waste.

She put the stone away and kept it near her at all times, she went to the kitchen and started pulling out a few things that could help her. She needed at least a few bombs of herbs that could help her win the battle.

She knew Anna wasn't going to let her go without a fight.

Grabbing three different jars and getting the different herbs and placing them in the grinder didn't take long to make. She added a few more things and each took about twenty minutes to do. She didn't need to test it.

She was sure of herself.

She then grabbed a sleeping antidote for Yoonji for tomorrow. It was going to be hard but she needed to have it ready.

It was the only way Yoonji would let her go if she was sleep.

Sorry Yoonji...

Forgive me.

She placed the bag under her bed and looked over to the picture frame of the family. It was hard to believe she was going to fight a battle that was set up long ago and for her.

All because of greed and the urge for more power.

Dark magic shouldn't even be allowed for any kind of witch or wizard but it was. It only causes destruction and hurts people in the process. But those who use dark magic don't care.

Mikako placed the frame down and let one last tear fall down. "It's hard... but I'll try my best and protect everyone."

I'll see you soon.

- - -

Dinner came around and Yoonji was sitting on the couch with her legs up and bent. She was holding unto a cup of tea in her hands making her feel relaxed and sleepy. She hummed and looked over to Mikako. "What's wrong?"

Mikako was lost in thought and looked up at the older girl. "Huh? Oh nothing."

"Do you miss him already?" Yoonji asked with a smile as she drank more of her tea.

As she drank it, Mikako realized she needed to add another herb to the tea for tomorrow. It had to take away the taste of her knowing the herb that puts her to sleep.

"Mikako?" Yoonji called out to her again. "Are you really that depressed? Its only four --"

"No, I'm fine." Mikako answered her with a smile and had to lie through her teeth. "Just thinking of how to get Yongguk away from the house so we can be alone."

Yoonji nodded and put her eyes up trying to think of something. "We can say you are sick and Jongup can stay to take care of you."

Mikako glared at that and shook her head. "No, he would want to observe us."

Yoonji hummed and thought again tapping her chin with her index finger. "How about....you just tell him the truth and then we will shoo."

Mikako couldn't help but laugh and shake her head. "He will kill Jongup first!"

The older girl laughed knowing that was true and thought again. "How about we put another barrier for just him? Wait no... because Yongguk will want the barrier open again for him and Himchan."

Mikako rolled her eyes and shook her head again.

"What is it with Yongguk being so protective over you?" Yoonji asked letting out a sigh.

"Only sister." Mikako replied back. "Understandable."

"True." Yoonji placed her cup down on the side and stood up. "Well I must get going. You'll be ok for the night? I know your used to Jongup and a few others here."

The young girl nodded her head. "Yeah, I'll be fine. I'll just lock everything up and Nox will let me know if something is out there."

Yoonji smiled going over to her giving her a hug. "Alright then, I'll come by again tomorrow for dinner. Ok?"

Mikako nodded and hugged her back and walked her to the front door letting her out and when she was near the barrier and out of sight, she closed the door and stayed behind it. Nox made a screech making her turn to look at him. His big dark black eyes stared at her as if he was looking into her soul and judging her.

She got chills and looked away from him. "I'm not changing my mind Nox. It has to be this way."

At times, she wish he could talk back to her and tell her to stop being rational and really think about this. But what was there to think about? The stone belongs to her and she has to protect it. In order to do that, she must protect those important to her as well without them knowing. It was the only way.

It has to be this way.

It has to be..

- - -

Day one was over and the day two was the worst.

Yongguk and Himchan were sparing each other as the two youngest were watching for the time being. They were snapping their jaws at the two oldest wolves fighting and Himchan would whimper when Yongguk grabbed his soft spot.

It was only then he would back down and Yongguk snapped his jaw for the next wolf to come up. Unfortunately, Daehyun and Youngjae were out getting food and the youngest stayed.

Jongup snapped his jaw as he went next and Yongguk started to walk clockwise around each other. It stayed that way until Jongup moved quickly when Yongguk decided to attack. He went down rubbing his snout on the ground getting dirt.

Himchan and Junhong wheeze as a laugh knowing that was a good move.

Yongguk got up and attacked his young wolf to the ground and both of their jaws were snapping at each other with deep growls as they rolled around in the dirt. It took only five seconds for Jongup to get away from him and back on his four legs.

Yongguk sneezed out some dirt from his nose and snarled at him. "You're getting strong."

"Thanks to your sister." Jongup snapped his jaw back at him with a snarl. "Himchan, why didn't you tell me our strength get stronger once we find someone?"

Himchan stayed quiet for a moment before barking and snarled. "Um.. because it happens after you bond....wait a minute.. DID YOU BOND WITH HER?"

The young wolf Junhong moved to the side knowing getting in the middle would only make it worse.

"WHAT THE HELL!" Yongguk jumped towards Jongup making him fall again on the floor. "YOU BONDED WITH MY SISTER?"

Himchan growled at the younger wolf and grabbed a hold of his neck before Yongguk got it.

Jongup whimpered in pain but he managed to deal with the pain. "TWO AGAINST ONE! ITS NOT FAIR!"

"YOU MADE THE BOND!" Yongguk snapped his jaw at him more than twice showing his sharp white fangs to him.

"NO I DIDN'T!" Jongup decided to snap back feeling more rage than ever. He manage to move around Yongguk and pushed Himchan off him. "WE HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING!"

"I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter