~• { 8 } •~

Obsession (Jungkook × reader)

It was already the holidays, and today everyone decided to hang out - just like the old days. Except, this time, it was different. This time, you weren't going to be sat next to Jungkook. This time you weren't going to fall asleep on his shoulder. This time, you were going to be an independent women - you were going to ignore him.

Rosé knew about your little fiasco with Jungkook - Heck, this girl knew a lot of things you didn't. She knew that the love you felt towards wasn't unrequited, she knew that Jungkook had only had his eyes on you, she knew John Legend wasn't going to release a new song any time soon. She even had the slight idea of who the girl is - in all honesty, she was 100% certain of who the girl is. She just wanted you to find out on your own, since you were that type of person; have a problem, sulk for a bit, don't accept any advice, try and solve the problem by yourself, then realize how the solution was so obvious.
Rosé had already prepared herself for what was going to happen. She knew she was going to be there, and she knew that, once it gets to you, you will blow up in fumes of anger and jealousy. You'll probably think that she's a big two-timer. Rosé would just chuckle at the thought of you trying to spy on her. Rosé just loved your quirky ways - and so did Jungkook.

~

You already arrived at the boys' dorm and was already snuggled into the corner of the pillow fort. You all had your laughs and talks about silly matters. That was, until she came down the stairs.

"Jagi!~" Jimin called at her, patting the space next to him for her sit between himself and Jungkook. She was wearing one of JungKooks shirts' with a pair of pajama pants.
'Psh, so she's two-timing and the boys even know?!' You thought as she went next to her 'jagi.' Psh. Jagi my .
Jungkook looked fine - that hurt you. But then Jimins' voice broke you thoughts.
"Oh, jagi, I don't think you've met (Y/N) before" he said, pointing at me.
"Oh sorry, how rude of me not to introduce myself" She smiled friendly - she seemed nice, but you promised yourself to not fall for her sweet personality until you find out her connection with Jungkook.
"Anneonghaseyo, I'm Jeon JungHye, but my English name is Leanne Jeon. Nice to meet you! Kookie Oppa has told me a lot about you, Unnie" She came over to you and gave you a hug, leaving Jungkook flustered. You've started to grow more fond of the girl by the minute, and that made the boys smile.
She gave off a motherly aura, despite being the youngest there, and seemed really smart.
But that's beside the point; you need to find out her relation to Jungkook. Sure, her last name is Jeon, but that's a common last name. It bugged you, yet you couldn't help but be nice back to her. Aish, she just started to confuse you.

Later in the night, Leanne went to the kitchen to help Jin prepare some food, and you took this as your opportunity to ask some questions.
"So, she's your girlfriend Jiminnie?"
"Yeah, I've had a crush on her ever since we were little" he said, his mochi cheeks blushing. "And finally, Jungkook have us his blessing - what a protective brother he is" Jimin said whilst ruffling Jungkooks hair.

"Hang on - BROTHER?!?!" You were surprised. But when you connected everything, it made sense.
'Baby' because she's the 'baby' of the family, giggling at being called a couple because they're actually siblings, Jeon being her last name.
You felt so stupid, and immediately took back everything you said about the girl - she just seemed so, innocent.
"So, how come you never told me about Leanne?" You asked Jungkook.
"Well, I didn't really feel the need to, because before, she studied in England, and only came back to Korea this year to enter our Uni!" He smiled widely. "She can speak English, Korean, Spanish and Tagalog, since she had to study and Spanish and her closest roommate was Filipino," he said whilst scrolling through her Instagram which had captions in different languages.
"Hopefully she can help her brother with his English skills" Namjoon said as he came into the conversation, making you remember how bad Jungkook is at learning English.
You all started laughing, and soon, Jin and Leanne came to called everyone to eat.

"KUMAIN NA TAY- aish, I need to remember I'm in Korea dang it, THE FOOD'S READY" Leanne called. We all made our way to the dining table, and were greeted by loads of food.

You all made your way to the dining table and sat down, whilst Jin and Leanne placed different plates and dishes on the table. You ended up sitting with Jungkook to your left, and a seat to your right left for Leanne. Across from you, Rosé sat, whilst the others filled the available seats.

You looked at the table and saw loads of the Korean classics; and more. A small dish was filled with samyeopsal and some lettuce, and next to it was a plate with tteokbokki, and another with kimbap . Jjajangmyeon, naengmyeon and kimchijjigae were all laid at the end of the table in separate bowls. Next to all the dishes you were familiar were some others.
"OK, so this is lumpiang Shanghai," Leanne pointed at something that looked like fried spring rolls, "and this is chicken adobo" She pointed at a pot with chicken and sauce inside, "and that's pancit" She said, referring to the dish of noodles with veg.
"Oh, and next to the kimchi and ssamjang is banana ketsap (ketchup) and suka - enjoy~" She finished explaining, letting out a proud sigh. Everyone already started salivating just looking at all the food, making Jin and Leanne chuckle.

You could get why she was trusted to go study in England without family: she could cook, clean, was bilingual and was mature for her age - she could problem cope replacing Jin and look after the boys when he had to do something - and that's saying a lot.
Her and Jin sat down at their seats and everyone started eating.

Everyone has their own little conversations, and one of the main topics was how Leanne was doing in England while she was there.
Whilst she was talking, you noticed how she spoke with a cute accent which she probably picked up whilst in England. From time to time she would make little references in English which Namjoon would get, leaving the rest of you clueless - it felt nice to be able to bond again.
"And I get exactly how you feel being he oldest Jin Oppa. Everyone legit kept calling me 'halmoni' or 'lola' because I was the oldest in the year!"

You all carried on eating, that was until Jungkook said he needed the toilet - this time you were sure that he wasn't going to see any girl - 100%.
"Unnie," Leanne said softly so the others couldn't hear, "do you, by any chance, like Kookie Oppa?"
That made you blush.
"Don't worry, I know he likes you too - if you want, I'll help get you two together" She whispered.
"OH, YES PLEASE" you said a bit too loudly making the others look at you weirdly, whilst Rosé started laughing at how stupid you looked.

And so that was how the night carried, all laughing and chatting, and you finally accepted Leanne. She was nice, and she kept calling you her older sister. She supported the idea of you and Jungkook getting together, and said she'd even help you - which made you smile.

It was just a matter of time before both you and Jungkook realise your love for each other was never unrequited...