~• { 16 } •~

Obsession (Jungkook × reader)

You were walking down the corridor, the now-familiar walls which stood, protecting the innocent and dying.

"Room 18..." You mumbled, whilst searching for the room with plastic bags in hand. You decided to come to the hospice unaccompanied - you wanted to be able to talk to Leanne properly, just you and her (although you knew Jungkook and Jimin had stayed the night).

If you couldn't guess, Leanne had been admitted to a Hospice.
After the event that night, which was now months ago, they found out that she had cancer, and that the cancer cells had been slowly deteriorating some of her main organs. The one organ that was being effected most recently was, ironically, her kidneys. 

It almost felt like the biggest coincidence at the time, since Leanne had been studying in order to become a doctor and/or future consultant under the discipline of nephrology (discipline specialising in the Dialysis unit/kidneys). 

~

You finally arrived at the room, which was still hard to memorise the route to, despite your many visits already. 

However, once you arrived, you deeply saddened by the sight before you. 

You knew that Jimin and Jungkook were going to be there when you arrived, and so you anticipated their presence when you opened the door.

Yet, you didn't expect Jimin to be kneeling at Leanne's bedside, holding her hand and sobbing quietly, as Leanne still slept peacefully.
Jungkook seemed to be making various phone calls to different people. 

"Yes, Eomma, Ten and his friends are coming to pick you and Appa up," he said into the phone, "and if Hyung is available can you tell him to come?"

You sat on the chair next to her bed, patting Jimin's back, trying to comfort him.

"Why was I so stupid?" He asked you, which caught you by surprise. 
You decided not to answer, since you this was probably the only time he'd let out all his feelings that were bottled inside.
"Why did I have to make such an idiotic mistake? 
Why couldn't I have been better for her?
Why did she fall in love with a stupid pabo like me? 
Why did I have to fall in love with someone as perfect as her?"
You had started tearing up, seeing Jimin so helpless and guilty just made you feel so emotional.

You knew that, despite Leanne saying that she had 'moved on' and 'was doing fine', she had already forgiven Jimin - a very typical Leanne thing to do. 
Even if someone hurt her so badly, she still had the heart to forgive them, even if there was a possibility of her getting hurt again.

~

"Ahh, jagi, sorry I couldn't talk to you once you first arrived. My parents wanted to be able to come here so they rang me" your boyfriend told you, apologetically. 

In all honesty, you didn't mind that Jungkook had ignore you, if it meant that Leanne will be able to see her family again. 

And so you carried on talking to Jungkook, asking him about Leanne.

~

The nurses at the Hospice moved 2 sofa beds into Leanne's room, one for Jungkook, and the other for Jimin, who refused to leave Leanne's side for even a minute.

You were going to stay the night at the boys' dorm, along with Rosé. The NCT boys had already made their way back to Busan, in order to pick up the rest of their members and the Jeon family.

You left once the boys were settled in their 'beds', and departed straight after Jungkook gave you a kiss on your forehead.

~

"How is she?" Rosé asked as you paced your car keys on the table. You took of your coat and hung it on the pegs in the hallway, before taking a seat at the dining table.
The boys had already gathered, awaiting your update.

"Well, she's- fine I guess," you answered, followed by a loud sigh.
"She isn't as pale as she was on Friday, but she did seem a lot skinnier. Jungkook said that she had been refusing to eat the food there, and only ate the food we made for her. 
When I visited, she slept the whole time. 
And Jimin, aish that kid is absolutely shattered. He refused to leave her side even for a minute," you sadly remarked, sipping the coffee Hoseok had bought everyone upon your arrival.

"We'll all just have to pray for the best..." Namjoon said, trying his best to release the tension in he mood.
"I'm sure she wouldn't want us sulking. She'd 100% would want to see our happy faces, regardless of what happens in the end..."
"YAH, Hyung, don't think like that!" Taehyung whined.