Rivals And Feelings

When Love Dominates Everything (Detective Romance)

 "We are in big trouble. You know that?" Yoo Jae Suk growled at the man sitting in front. "I told you to stop but you just keep doing this."

Jo In Sung didn't pay any attention at all. He held a cigaratte burning at its end and he was staring at the teak desk across him as if it intrested him more than Jae suk's words.

"What if your father knows that his son loves his enemy. Of all the every girls out there, why her? I am tired of covering those up for you. Just because you are the boss's son doesn't mean the innocents have to go to jail!"

"Innocent? We are innocent?" Jo In Sung produced a mocking laughter.

"We are. Outwardly," Jae Suk coughed and he went on, "I see she is with Detective Lee. I am informed that he was taking the last two cases that you muffed. If he dug out that Eagle Gang involved us and your father, our business would no longer feed us."

"Why don't we just kill him then?" In Sung said indiscriminately.

"It is not as easy as talking. You don't understand the depths of things. This is the final warning. Stop interfering unless you are helping. And one more thing. DON'T MESS WITH LEE DONG WOOK!" Jae Suk paced towards the door and out the room.

.....................................................................................

Jihyo looked around the strange place. She thought the music was about to damage her eardrums. There was a couple making out at the right corner. It was her first time ever astonished by an enormous indoor swimming pool. Slim girls, pretty faces, some dressed in bikini were either splashing water, flirting or high in alcohol.

These luxurious parties packed with mostly of celebrities and rich people, were not her type. She would prefer a simple club if she was given a choice. 

Suzy insisted her to come along to this party as Suzy got two VIP tickets as a member of rising models. Suzy was a girl next door and she was the only girl friend Jihyo had. Suzy took her here and now she was nowhere to be found.

Jihyo came to a halt when a shape of someone's familiar all her attention. In a not very faraway distance, Lee Dong Wook sat opposite a man who nodded at every single word. Dong Wook looked serious and from time to time he peered over his shoulder as if he was searching. 

Jihyo was rooted to the spot fixing her attention at the beautiful man. He was wearing striped shirt and jeans. The top two buttons of the shirt was undone. Jihyo forgot to find Suzy and her mind drifted back to the other night. It had been a week but she remembered well on how his lips worked the magic on her lips and on her body. She used to check her phone more often the past week in a vain hope that he would call. But no he didn't. And she didn't care much that it was over between us after one night. However, her body still knew how to respond in his presence even though she was few feets away from him.

"I used to look at him like you. With love. With hopes."

Jihyo turned around to find a girl who was wearing a mini party dress with glittering sequins. Her eyes were shaded with a smoky eye-shadow which showed off her beautiful eyes. "Excuse me, have we met before?" 

The girl laughed. "No, we haven't. I am Ha Ji Won."

Ji Won held her hand out to greet but Jihyo didn't accept. Jihyo regarded her impassively.

Ji Won blushed and crossed her arms.

"Do you know Lee Dong Wook?"

"Why do you ask that?"

"Call it curiosity," Ji Won then threw her hair back with a flick of her hand like in a movie.

"He is irresitabily handsome, caring, and good at . That a very dangerous combination. Every woman who spends time with him falls in love. But it is hard to steal his heart though."

"Why are you talking this to me?" Jihyo snapped fighting the urge to slap Ji Won's face.

"Because I am protecting what I want," Ji Won spoke examining Jihyo from head to toe who was not dressed up for the party but still looked gorgeous in her cute shirt dress.

"I am warning you. A country girl like you is not his type and you will be left with broken heart simliar to every women he fooled. He gets what he wants and then he is gone."

Jihyo snickered.

"Who are you to warn me? I don't know whether to thank you or slap your face. Guess it would be the best if you stay away from me."

Ji Won's red lips formed an 'O' then she raised her hands up as if Jihyo was pointing a gun at her. 

Ji Won headed towards Dong Wook. 

Jihyo stood there watching her next move. What? Is she stalking? Jihyo didn't care. Her blood was already boiled and anger rose up to her central nerve. How dare she call her 'country girl'? 

Ji Won sat beside Dong Wook and she wrapped her arms around his waist and rested her chin on his shoulder.

Dong Wook glanced at her once then turned back to his conversation.

Dong Wook didn't make a move to shrug of Ji Won's hands and that made Jihyo's left chest generated pain.

They looked like a couple who are confortable with each other. 

Suddenly, a lighting struck in Jihyo's mind on Ji Won had just said. Jihyo didn't care nor believe at first. But slowly it became reality. She was a fool for hoping so much that he would call. They were not in a relationship to feel hurt or jealous. He never promised anything. And why the hell is she feeling miserable at the scence? 

Ji Won noticed that Jihyo was still staring at them and she deliberately carressed Dong Wook's thigh and pecked a kiss on his neck. The whole scence was too much to bare. Jihyo walked away into a more crowded place when her eyes locked with Dong Wook.

She was heading to the ladies' room when Dong Wook catched her elbow.

"Jihyo, what bring you here?" Dong Wook asked his eyes twinkling with delight.

"None of your business," Jihyo snatched her elbow and his face grimaced suddenly.

"You look upset," he said and pulled her closer.

"Why do you care?"

"Jihyo, tell me, what's wrong?"

To make things worse, Ji Won stalked behind Dong Wook and linked her hands in his.

"Oppa, shall we go? Take me home," Ji Won whined like a bad with eyes which could lure every men in the trap.

"What are you talking about. I am taking Jihyo home," Dong Wook replied.

"Don't bother. Guess you have found a new company," Jihyo said bitterly and went away into the crowd.

No sooner had Jihyo reached the quiet darker corner to cry than she was pushed against the wall.

"Let me go, Dong Wook. Go to your girl," she fought to free from his firm grip. "Don't touch me!"

Dong Wook tightened his hold and pressed her against the hard wall.

"Were you upset because of what you saw out there?" he asked desperatly.

Jihyo didn't reply and her eyes went down to his undone buttons. 

"Were you jealous?" Dong Wook asked inching closer.

"Why... why... should I? Don't pretend like you care. You got what you wanted. We are the adults with hormones raging and this could happen. Lets maintain the clear relation between us from now on," Jihyo lifted her chin up looking all business like.

Immediately, Dong Wook mouth covered her as if he was air out from her. Jihyo gaped pushing him but it was not effective enough as he was stronger. 

"You won't believe if I told, you are not one-night stand. I want to spend every night with you. So damn the clear relation. Please don't misunderstand. Let me make it up to you,"  Dong Wook whispered. He her lips in slow motion and when she moved her tongue in his mouth to dance, the intensity of the kiss changed. Her body sent delicious tingles right down to her. 

Jihyo didn't care any more as long as she could feel the closeness. Don't care if Ji Won was his date.

She believed he would explain sooner than later. But now, lets immersed in the bliss that would fill the void in her chest.

Dong Wook held her waist and pressed her body tight against him. Jihyo moaned.

"We are the victims of hormones war. I want you so much Jihyo. Come home with me," he whispered and her neck.

In Sung accidentally witnessed them making out. And his fist tightened. The woman he loved and the man he hated together in a close embrace. 

His jaw tensed. Eyes that could burn up the whole party. In Sung reminded himself on Jae Suk's words. In Sung would do something later. Later. Anything to get her. Anything to steal her from Dong Wook. He put that in mind and stalked pass them.

"If you don't stop squirmming in your seat and your lips, I can't assure you I will last long."

Jihyo mouth dropped open and then she pressed her lips together again. She knew what he meant and she was anticipating. She longed to be in his arms. To lose herself together with him in a bliss dreaming land.

"Me and Ji Won... umm we had a past. But that's over between us. Please believe me," Dong Wook held her hand in his. He couldn't find the source of hurt feeling when Jihyo walked away not even looking straight into his eyes. Dong Wook felt like . And he swore he would avoid anything that could make Jihyo ignored him. What does this meaning of feeling call? He didn't know. 

Suddenly, Jihyo was forced forward and pushed back in her seat with the help of the seat-belt. The screeching of tires  against the hard concrete halted.

"Are you okay?" Dong Wook asked.

Jihyo nodded.

"The bastard."

Jihyo could hear the vague swear from Dong Wook and what she saw scared her more.

They were at a junction and their car was blocked by a navy blue convertible of highest model. The image of driver was temporarily blurred by his cigaratte smoke. His face was clearly visble when the car's light shone upon his face. 

"Eagle... black hoodie," she stuttered as she glimpsed the tattoo on his neck.

The driver threw the cigratte on the floor and watched Jihyo then to Dong Wook with disgust and green-eyed. Not long after, he finally drove off. 

......................................................................................

"It is Ferrari F60," Dong Wook murmured to himself while searching on the internet. He then looed at the beautiful Jihyo who was sleeping peacefully on his bed. It was the first time that he watched a woman's sleep. If he could, he would want to keep her beside him everytime. Is he being possessive? He didn't know. He felt complete when Jihyo was by his side. She looked flawless. He had to admit he was fluttered when she was jealous. How lovely she is! Yet complicated.

The earlier words she mindlessly said confused him. Maybe she was seeing he also saw. The tattoo. But what does black hoodie mean? He scratched his head. This woman could rock his nerve either way, in bed or with her secrets. 

Dong Wook shut down the computer and crawled into bed beside Jihyo.

"Please...Stop... Dad didn't... my father didn't kill them... No... Stop!" 

Jihyo's voice worried him and he quickly got up. 

Dong Wook cupped her face and pressed his lips on her forehead.

"Hush... baby... I got you... I got you Jihyo."

Jihyo calmed down and when her eyes sprung open, she looked lost.

"You are here with me," Dong Wook softly soothed her. 

Tears rolled down her cheeks and Dong Wook pulled her into an embrace. 

"Shall I fetch you a glass of water?" Dong Wook asked.

"No," she tightened her hold on him. "Don't go away. Stay with me."

.......................................................................................

Jihyo came out of the pharmacy store.

Her hands trembles when she thought of a device she bought.

She was frightened when she thought about a pregnancy test kit.

She had been suffering symptons like vomitting and stress and when she checked the calender...

Jihyo didn't dare to think of the cosequences if the test showed positive. She had been sleeping with Dong Wook lately. The first time they did, they didn't use a protection. 

What if she was pregnant while Lee Dong Wook didn't believe in relationship and when she was fleeing away from danger....