Love is Pain

When Love Dominates Everything (Detective Romance)

"I repeat who are you?!" 

Jihyo stood in front with the gun in her trembling hands aiming to shoot at Dong Wook anytime. He could not vaccum the dumb-founded expression from his face. 

"Don't act like that! You are dutied to kill me. Am I right? You are one of them. I still can't believe it is you. I have kept my enemy closer!" Jihyo yelled and frustatingly went back into the kitchen all along bringing the gun in her hand.

Dong Wook recalled what she had just said. He tried to figure out what that meant. What had made her think him he would harm her? The gun? The gun he used to carry around. The gun which could frightened off the people. He was a detective. And it was the number one rule to own a gun. 

The problem was Jihyo didn't know he was a detective. She had known that he was a lawyer. This was fair enough for her to misunderstand. Everyone would have freaked out when they found a gun in their close ones. Dong Wook realized it was the time to uncover his true identity. Jihyo should know by now.

She mentioned "dutied to kill her". It was obvious now that she had been living in fears and dangers. Dong Wook just didn't notice. Then what dangers she was afraid of. 

"Now are you really going to tell me who you are. I am impatient here," Dong Wook looked up and Jihyo was standing just few feets away looking stern.

"There is misunderstanding," 

"Misunderstanding?! Ha...," Jihyo started a full cathartic laugh. It was however a nervous laugh. 

She reached into the pocket of her coat and threw a pen at Dong Wook.

Dong Wook catched with the quickest motion and examined the pen.

A golden fountain, which nowadays would get the highest price since it was made totally out of gold. 

There was a signature of Black E on it.

Dong Wook had secretly took this golden fountain of Park Sung Woo when he visited the BlackE company. In case it could involve an important role in investigation.

"I was collecting your clothes when they dropped from your coat. That pen and... this gun," Jihyo said, "this special fountain can not be bought anywhere. It is special because it is like the secret trademark of Eagle Gang's family. So what is your relation with Park Sung Woo? Are you his bestman? Did he order you to threaten me? He still has conscious that he can be sent to jail and would be overthrew from election if I go to the police with proves."

Jihyo shook her head in disbelief and wondered where the courage to spill all the hatred towards Eagle Gang came.

Dong Wook, on the other hand, had not yet reached to conclusion. 

How did she know the tiny bits of Eagle Gang? This came into his mind that, was she also a secret agent? Park Sung Woo was going in election for the upcoming new Mayor of Seoul. And if he got the position, Dong Wook was sure there would be a lot of bad cosequences. This was the reason he was putting every effort to find misdeeds of Sung Woo. And Jihyo had proves. What proves? Dong Wook wondered.

"How do you know all about Eagle Gang?" 

Jihyo's face turned blank. 

"This is not the problem we are discussing. Is it even necessary to seize my trust so as to see me die like you guys did to my family?!" 

Jihyo began to allow tears roll her cheeks. 

Dong Wook heart constricted.She was surely feeling intense dislike to the Gang because of what they did to her family. 

"Jihyo, please don't cry. I am not what you think. I can explain," Dong Wook stepped forward but Jihyo instantly stepped back. Then she pointed the gun at him.

"Don't come near me. Or I will...shoot you."

His steps faltered at her words. She was determined to risk everything that could harm her. 

"Look... if I am supposed to kill you, then I could have killed you from the beginning,"

Before Dong Wook could finish Jihyo cut in.

"Maybe you are waiting for the right moment. If you are not, why would you have those things?" 

"It's because I am a detective."

Jihyo gasped. A detective? Should she believe him? What she had known of a detective was that detectives were just some sort of people who followed money and reported the inexact truth. "You are lying. Lying!" Jihyo yelled, "I trusted you."

"No! It is true. I didn't tell because I didn't know I would have a serious relation with you. I have thought of telling. I swear. I haven't betrayed your trust Jihyo. Please believe me."

The time suspended for a long time without a word. 

"Leave," she finally said.

"I am not," Dong Wook persistently said and moved even closer. 

"I told you don't come near or I will shoot you! You think I would not dare to do it?!" 

Her breathing changed. She was breathing heart. 

Dong Wook didn't listen. He just kept walking forward until the entrance of the barrel touched his chest. He didn't even flinch. Because he knew the depth of her love to him that Dong Wook was sure Jihyo would never shoot or hurt him in any way. Jihyo's hands trembled. This was the game he was playing. He must have made up his mind to win. 

Immeditely Jihyo shifted the gun to her head. Her finger tighted around the trigger. Her whole body became stiff from fear. 

"Leave my house or I will shoot myself."

"Don't!!!!!Just don't please shoot yourself. Please. I will go! I will go! Please put the gun down!"

"Leave, please," Jihyo only said but had not put down the gun. Dong Wook grabbed his purse from his pocket and pull out a card.

"This is my card. ID card of the department where I am working. In case you still could not believe me."

He slowly walked back and behind him Jihyo had threw the gun away with a rattling sound against the floor.  The sound of her weeping could be heard. As much as he longed to go back and soothe her in his arms, he restrained. He would do what Jihyo had asked.                                                     .......................................................................................

Dong Wook waited in front of Jihyo's unit every single day. He knocked at the door, called out her name, however there was no respond being answered. He ignored to use his spare key as he was giving her the time to come back and open about everything she had been hiding. 

He tried to call her leaving voice messages and texts saying how miserable he was feeling at that moment. If she was okay. But no respond. 

It had been days since he returned without being able to see her face. The time of waiting turned from days to weeks and finally his patience reached its peak. And the fear of what Jihyo might do to herself. He scolded himself several times why he didn't stay that day and hadn't told her the truth from start.

One morning when Dong Wook reached at her apartment, furnitures were being moved and out of Jihyo's room. A worker informed him that Jihyo had moved out of this room and he had no idea where she was living then. This new shocked Dong Wook. She had left. 

He called her mobile and the number was no longer existed. 

Dong Wook could never let her alone. Jihyo was in great danger which he didn't know.

He went to Jong Su's school in a vain hope that she would come. Later his nephew told that Jihyo was no longer coming to teach them since last week. This was it. She had disappeared like the air. Dong Wook also went to the orphanage where she was raised. Jihyo wasn't there also. Then where could she go? Who was with her now?

The thought came into his head. Either Kim Joong Kook or Chang Ju must be with her? But he had no idea what their address was. This could be solved. The background check and the profile could be hunted down at the department. This was done when only necessary. It was against human right as Gong Yoo had said. But Dong Wook didn't care a least.                                 ...................................................................................... 

The knock grew louder and Jihyo opened the door. Dong Wook! 

He looked dishelvelled. Wretched. Clothes were wore in a non-Dong Wook style. Like a homeless person he was.

"How do you find me?" 

Dong Wook had a glimpse into the apartment from above Jihyo. Baek Chang Ju came out of a room buttoning his shirt. Looked like he had just.... What? They... Jihyo was living at Baek Chang Ju's place!

"What do you want?" Jihyo spoke as cold as ice.

"What is it that I saw earlier?"

"It is just what you saw."

Dong Wook cursed and ruffled his hair in disbelieve.

"It has only been a few days! That quick? It is your solution? To run back to your ex?" 

"At least he is not a detective," jihyo said with a mocking tone.

"What is so wrong with being a detective?! Huh? Tell me!" Dong Wook bolted towards jihyo and held tightly at the either sides of her arms.

She fought to withdraw from him and looked around. No one's was there except the two.  

They were not standing too close but a few feets apart. Jihyo stepped back to lengthen the distance. The power and warmth he had over her was so irresistable for Jihyo to run into his arms. 

Dong Wook was the light wheres she was in the dark. She would want him to light her world. But the light doesn't need to be submerged by the dark. And the dark should only hover and never to engulf. She kept that in mind and decided to give him the benefit of the doubts.

It was safe for him to be alone without her. It broke her heart. It teared her heart. But sometimes what supposed to be done must be done instead of what one's wished to do. 

"You should move on," Jihyo dourly said fighting back the urge of need to cry. "You deserve to be loved by someone who was not tainted by her past. Someone of your standard."

"I don't need anyone. I just need you! I only love you."

A lone tear escaped from Dong Wook's eyes and it tucked at her heart that she had broken not only her own heart but also Dong Wook's strong heart. 

"Forget about me. You will thank me for that later," Jihyo muttered and turned to walk back to the apartment before she weeped. 

She was doing all this for Dong wook. She had done something out of law. Not that the police would regard as a crime. They would conclude it as a defense towards the enemy. However, Park Sung Woo had the authority to accuse her of a culprit who had shot his son. And if Jihyo told everything to Dong Wook, and he took her side, the problem would get a lot easier to Sung Woo. He was the master of evil mind and he would somehow disgraced Dong Wook's name. Only she would receive dirts and harms coming from Eagle Gang.

Dong Wook sprinted to Jihyo and hugged her from behind. He pulled her against his beating fast heart. His lips close to her ear. 

The weather as if going to make their scence more melancholy, it started to rain heavily soaking them in an embrace. 

Tears came in a torrent and Jihyo couldn't stop them now. She hated crying in front of Dong Wook because this meant showing how vulnerable she was and how much she needed him during this situations. That was why she had been covering up her broken heart and tears all that time. 

But when she felt a warm tear touched her ear, Jihyo cried with Dong Wook. 

"Give me your dark past and give me your pain. We can make a blanket to cover them together. We will rase that wall separating us together. Don't leave," Dong Wook whispered into her ears and buried his face in her soaked hair tightening his hold around her.

This was too much for Jihyo. His faith and love for her was so much that Jihyo thought she didn't deserve this. 

"I don't want to. But I have to," Jihyo let go his hands wrapped around her.

"I love you." She murmured.

She then rushed back into the rain and disappeared from his vision. Dong Wook vacantly stared front, drenched in the rain. The cold was attacking but the burning pain was larger in Dong Wook.

....................................................................................

Dong Wook was at his third glass of alcohol. The bar was quiet except a slow music playing in the background. He gulped down the drink. He wished the stabbing feeling in his heart could be masked by the alcohol. I have given all my live to her but thats what I get from loving you. The pain?

The music became to be heard clearly in his head. It was a female singer who was singing the cover of Happier by Ed Sheeran.

She sang​​​​​​~But ain't nobody love you like I do...I know that there's others that deserves you...but my darling I am still in love with you....guess you look happier~

The song caused him to vision the scence of her ex in half way. He gritted his teeth and pain lanced in his heart again. What were they doing? Why ran to the ex when Jihyo had her? He thought and thought.

Half way through his empty bottles, a loud cheer came up and this time he glanced at the stage. CNblue! The crowd went silent and Dong Wook listened to what they were going to sing. Their famous song-I'm a loner.

~oh baby I'm a loner,... I'm a loner. Daridiridaradu...I'm a loner being sad at love, shedding tearing at love. Sad...sad...sad....tonight. My heart hurts~

 Dong Wook gripped the glass so tight that in one grip, the glass could shatter into pieces like his damn weak heart. She damaged him so much that tears fell like a boy being bullied. First time tearing up for a woman. Love is pain. Only pain.         .......................................................................................

Meanwhile,

Jihyo swang open the door thinking that Chang Ju had come back early from his work. Before she could even say a word, a huge hand seized shoving her back into the house. She blinked trying to focus on the furious face in front. Park Sung Woo. She couldn't even breathe as the hold tightened. 

Jihyo blinked again as if wishing this could be dream. But it was not.

"You ! How dare you shoot my son! My most belove son! I will send you to hell!" 

Jihyo struggled. It was, however, a failure. Sung Woo losened the grip and Jihyo fell on the floor with no strength left to fight back. 

Sung Woo then kicked her in the stomach and she wimped. He kicked again, once, twice again and again......

××××××××

Thank you all for reading the fic. Hope you like the update and comment below so I know what you think of the update. Love you all.