Night Of Horror

When Love Dominates Everything (Detective Romance)

   He had been waiting for this moment. For his family. For his wife who was fighting cancer. He had never done this. Yet they chose him to handle this duty. He didn't know her. What was her name? Jihyo? He didn't know what kind of sins she had committed against Eagles, but her name was a very charming one. 

He reached into his raincoat. And took out a pin. Fortunately, the power was off allowing his work to go easy. He hobbled to the apartment no.198.

Using his pin, he tried to unlock the door. He was not an expert. He tried. 

Just then footsteps echoed through the hall and he flustered and went to hide behind the big flower pot.

He was trembling with fear. He was not supposed to be.

It was very hard to see the man who was now opening that door he just tried to jerk open. He could have taken an opportunity. But he was way too nervous to hit the man from behind and killed the girl. A girl he could handle. But a man. No. He had to give up. He had to give up his million dollars. The door closed. His mission failed.

.......................................................................................

Dong Wook came into the apartment silently, afraid that he would wake her. A very still looking object welcomed his sight. 

"Jihyo..?"

No sooner did he call her name, Jihyo ran into his arms. 

"Woah... you miss me that much?"

Dong Wook smoothed her hair and inhaled her scent. His favourite shampoo.

"It is really you," Jihyo murmured and kissed him like their first kiss when she took him by surprise. 

"It is me. Your Wookie," Dong Wook chuckled that calmed down her Jihyo fast heart beats from fear.

"The electricity was gone. I was afraid of the dark."

"Then let me be your light," he whispered into her ears that made Jihyo's heart skipped to a fluttering beat.

"Oh... Wookie," she said and planted a soft chaste kiss on his lips. However the kiss turned into something stronger than the storm outside.

........................................................................

The light was muted. Dong Wook looked around at the strange place.  The place was litted with candles at the other sides. The place looked like an old warehouse. He stalked farther until he found Jihyo cuddled up into a ball at the far corner. 

"Jihyo...," Dong Wook whispered.

Jihyo glanced up from where she seemed like mourning and she returned back to her earlier position. Then a sob escaped from her and she started to cry. 

Being a soft heart when women cried, he couldn't stand still to look at her crying. He moved closer. 

Just then, Jihyo wiped away her tears with the back of her hand. She stood up and shorten the distance until she could feel his breath. 

"Why do you cry?" Dong Wook asked pulling her into an embrace. Silent streched like infinity.

"Where are we?" He asked again.

But no respond. 

Jihyo traced the line of his nose, his lips and his jaw as if she was memorizing how it felt beneath her slim fingers. 

"I love you," he heard a vague whisper. Dong Wook stared down at her with disbelieve. 

"What did you say?"

"I love you," she repeated. But tears had not stopped falling down her cheeks. Dong Wook wiped them and planted a soft chaste kiss on her lips.

"Oh... Jihyo, I love you too."

"I don't want to break your heart," she continued, "but I have to." 

Jihyo then walked away from his embrace. She didn't look back. She just walked on. Her heels clicking on the floor. Her full lenght red dress dragging behind her. Her soft curls waved as the breeze blew. 

He noticed something. Something on her back. There was an Eagle tattoo that marred her . 

They have been together for like a month. And he couldn't recall ever seeeing a mark, not to say a tattoo on her body. Her body was flawless, perfect. 

Then, how did that tattoo exist on her back? 

After a blink, she disappeared. Only him and candles light were left. Dong Wook run to and fro but he was trapped in what is like a room without window and doors to escape.

Where does she go? Why does she have to leave me? The lost of my love. Please Jihyo...don't ever leave me...Please

........................................................................

Thunder crushed and he woke up from the disorientented dream. He searched the surrounding to find that he was back again in Jihyo's apartment. He watched the angel sleeping beautifully beside him. The beating heart from the nightmare calmed down and he tried to sleep again. But he was disturbed. He checked the clock and it was only after midnight. 

He glanced again at the beauty. Her chest heaving as she breathed in and out. Her lips kissable. Her milky skin glowed even in the dark. Her neck inclined to the other side as if she was inviting him to kiss her. Wild thoughts run his brain and the devil of was alarmed. 

He shook his head to clear his mind. Let the angel rest for today.

He leapt out of bed and put on his T-shirt. What was that dream about? He was shocked to find that he said he loved her in his dream. Do I love Jihyo?

And she said she loved him. Even it was a dream, he loved to hear her say it. 

Dong Wook didn't know love. But when he met Jihyo, he wanted to search it. Curious what love would look like. 

Dong Wook could not survive a day without seeing Jihyo. He was supposed to be sleeping at his family house tonight. The family had met together for dinner. It was late when he prepared to go home. So his mother ordered him to stay the night. He sought excuses denying he had work. 

It was a long distance to come to her place. He didn't care. He chose to stay there even though Jihyo would be asleep at this hour.

The rain poured mercilessly. The electricity was back. Dong Wook reached out to check his phone when he realized strange thing. He tip-toed to the glass slide door that led to the balcony. 

He peered down at the parking lot. The suspicious looking Ferrari F60 was gone. The same navy blue. The same that he and Jihyo were stopped by the car. It was only usual to see a latest model that cost more than a fortune in the rich neighbourhood. Dong Wook clearly remembered her muttered the odd words when the driver of the car stared at her. [Hoodie and Eagle] Either the owner of the car live here or he somehow had a thing with Jihyo. She did mention an ex. Could her ex be from Eagles?

Dong Wook felt guilty for suspecting Jihyo. She was different from all the other girl he used to know. Her innocence tickled his heart every minute. Dong Wook told Gong Yoo how Jihyo shook his heart. And Gong Yoo replied that combination of different and innocent was dangerous. Dong Wook fell into argument with Gong Yoo at that time. He fought in defense for Jihyo. He had always agreed and taken suggestions from Gong Yoo. However, Dong Wook thought he would not accept his remark on Jihyo.

Someone in a long blue raincoat came out from somewhere furtively checking his surroundings. Dong Wook watched him from 5th floor of her apartment. The man ran towards his Range Rover and kneeled down. The strange looking man didn't seem to care about the rain. He bent down as if he was finding something beneath the car. 

Dong Wook went back into the room. He was going down there to check. His instinct was forcing him it was needed to do. To go down the parking lot. 

Before Dong Wook left the room, he checked Jihyo. She slept hugging his pillow. Damn that pillow. He cursed for his jealousy towards an unanimated object. 

Dong Wook grabbed his raincoat and umbrella as a weapon of defense if there were any harms. The gun he usually carried was left behind today.

The elevator was out of service so he had to take the stairs. When he reached the basement, he hid beyond the wall and peeked at the parking lot. The man was nowhere to be found. 

He walked towards his car. Every sensory neurones were alert to any unimagined harms. 

What he saw next shocked him and turned him into an angry bird. All the tires of his Range Rover were slashed.

.

He bent down to examine the tire. 

It must have been slashed with a sharp object rather than a big knife. The slash was not big but more like a hole. He opened his phone for the flashed light and scanned the area. 

It was bad luck that it was raining. The footprint was not visible. 

But, there was a wet card beneath the tire. One would not have seen if not see it closely. Some of the pieces were torn by the water. 

Dong Wook picked up and looked closely. BlackE.

Dong Wook chuckled how careless that strange man was. Supposed he was not an experience stalker and thief.

Suddenly rain poured more with strong wind that could lay the trees down. The umbrella he was holding became irresistance to the wind. The wind caused the fabric of the umbrella he was holding to flick backward and the ribs of it to break. He cursed and run towards the shelter of the building.

Fury was raging. He called Han Bin right away.

"Hyung..," he sleepily answered.

"I want you to get your out of bed now!" Dong Wook yelled that could make whole town shaken up.

"I will send you the address and call the tow company to get here right away!! Now!!" 

With that he hanged up the phone and pulled his hand through his wet hair.

If he could reach here earlier, he could have catch him. Dong Wook was devastated. The culprit of the earlier two cases, a murder at the house with and the death of a cyclist, was in jail. However, he knew, he just knew, the culprit was not the right one. 

Thats why he was digging farther on the simple cases. Dong Wook could not stay peacefully. 

He would go back to the office. The activities' research on Black-E's company was delayed. Now he had one clue. He would do this now. 

Before Han Bin arrived, he decided to go back to Jihyo's apartment to get his wallet and his trench coat. 

Dong Wook made his way to the kitchen to get a glass of water. His hair was wet. Fortunately because of the raincoat, his clothes were not drenched. 

Another call came in and he picked up. 

"What?!"

"Dong Wook! My y man!" A slurry female voice greeted him.

"Ji Won? Are you drunk?"

"This is my tenth glass. Ha...Ha...."

"You should go home now Ji Won. How the hell are you drinking in this weather? Are you alone?"

"Omm... I am alone. Alone without you. Cold without you. I am at the usual club. Take me home, Dong Wook."

"Call your manager or other. And you know our relationship was finished. So stop hovering me."

"Why? Because of her? She told you not to see me anymore? I warmed your bed when you are lonely. Until she came between us and steal you."

"Watch your language. We ended that in adults way. Don't bring that up again!"

"Yeah... we did. Ended that ... whatever I am not leaving an inch from this club unless you take me home. I will sleep here."

"Stop acting like a child. You are a grown woman. I will contact your manager."

"His mother was in emergency. So he goes to Jejudo."

"What? What the... just stay there. I will... umm... find a way. Don't do any stupid s. Okay?"

Then he hang up. A click of the switch filled the dark and light filled the kitchen. Jihyo was leaning against the kichen counter and glaring at him.

"You are awake."

"You are drenched," Jihyo snapped looking from tip to toe, "did you just take a shower with your clothes on?"

"It is...," Dong Wook scratched his head as he lost his thinking ability. 

His phone rang again and this time it was Han Bin. Dong Wook turned off his phone immediately. He could not talk at this moment. He needed to leave now. However, he didn't think it would be the good idea. Jihyo was regarding him with suspicion and he had to explain why he had to leave right away. 

Jihyo hated him leaving in the middle of the night. He knew this. Yet he had to leave. Because work came up always urgent. He would say various excuses which this time Jihyo wouldn't believe anymore. 

"Ji Won called?" Jihyo asked.

"Yeah... she was slightly drunk."

"Slightly?" Jihyo said bitterly, "You going?"

He nodded. 

"Going to take her home?"

"No! Umm... no to her. Work...," before he could finish, Jihyo yelled.

"Work!! Again? I don't think so. I heard it. The conversation of you with Ji Won. You are taking her home because she is drunk. Am I right?"

"This is not true. I am calling someone she is close to. It is work. I swear," Dong Wook desperately explained. He stepped closer and Jihyo stepped back.

"You don't have to lie to someone who already know the truth. Are you seeing her? I mean are you two- timing? I thought..."

"I am not. Believe me. It is only you. It is work. Please I am not lying."

"A lawyer always being called at the middle of the night. Yeah. Makes sense."

It was at the tip of his tongue that down there, the tires of his car were slashed. And he was worried that people of Eagle Gang were warning him to stop investigating or they could possibly harm her. And if he told her he was a detective with loads of dangers carrying in his hand, she would run. So staying quiet would do the best. 

"Go. I don't want to see you again."

"Jihyo...please don't say like that. Hit me or do something. Just...just don't say we are not seeing anymore. It hurts," he reached out to take her hand but she snatched away.

"I don't wish to hear any more word. Leave your spare key when you leave,"she said and walked back into her room. 

"Jihyo...," Dong Wook called but Jihyo closed her bedroom door effectively blocking him. 

The dream he had earlier haunted him.

Is she serious? That is? I don't even get the time to think straight on how I feel about her.

​​​​​​.......................................................................................

Hope you guys love it.

I was looking forward to the Running man ep342 which Jihyo made a call to Dong Wook and Joong Ki. I was so excited. But it was cancelled because of some live broadcast. Now I have to wait a week. I am so impatient.  Do you guys also feel the same?.:'(