How they met

When Love Dominates Everything (Detective Romance)

 A soft violin tone blasted through the quiet and cozy atmosphere of the room. He stretched his hand out from under the thick blankets and vaguely searched for his ringing phone. The sunlight was blocked by the dark clouds and the small droplets of rain were hitting the glass window. It was a perfect day to curl up in bed. 

He answered sleepily to whoever was interuptting this calm fantasy. Unexpected, his sister spoke earsplittingly through the phone.

"Dong Wook-a, are you still slepping? When are you going to work?! It is 8 am in the morning!"

"I don't have to go today. What is it this time?" he asked.

It wasn't usual for his sister to call him unless she needed him urgently.

They were borne from a prosperous family and never had to worry about anything in their life. She was 2 year older than him yet he was the one who took care of her. Though she got married and live with her 4 years old son and husband, she would always come to him with troubles.

"You knew me too well," she laughed. "We both got up late today. He missed his school bus and I have to get to work in time. And your brother-in-law is on work trip. So I am asking if you could send him to school. Please...Son! Get dressed quickly!"

He could already imagine the chaos happening at her house. He said to be there soon and got out of bed to get dressed.

The car pulled up outside Running school. As soon as Joon Su got out of the car, he went towards someone screaming the word 'Teacher'.

Dong wook followed him and saw his nephew beside an enchanting woman.

"Uncle, our teacher," Joon Su introduced.

"Lee Dong wook," he said holding his hand out.

"Nice to meet you. I am Song Ji hyo."

They shook hands and for a moment the time suspended. From his experience of investigating, he had met several people and he could state the type and a little on their life by observing the features and the way they dressed.

From her strong grip, he could say that she was a strong woman who was determined to achieve her goal. Her hand was not as soft as cotton. He could say her life had not been smooth. She was dressed in a trench coat over a sweater dress that matched the weather. There was a simplicity on her sense of costume suggesting that she would have an easy going personality. And that smile, that could melt the whold world, she probably must have a warm kind heart.

What he missed was the dark secrets she covered well with that smile.

He had seen so many pretty woman yet she possessed the rare beauty. The beauty which did not come out from the excess of make up but the natural beauty. 

"Uncle," his nephew voice took him back to the reality. He looked down and he was still holding her hand.

He shyly let go and scratched his head. Jihyo nervously smiled at him.

The school bell rang. Jihyo greeted him goodbye, together with jong su, walked towards the entrance gate.


 "What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at home with some chicks?" Gong Yoo when he saw dong wook sitting at his desk staring at the dark computer screen in front.

"No chicks. Bored," Dong wook replied.

"Well then, here are the blood samples test from the murder at 67th street. It matched the criminal's blood. It is clear now so he will have to wait for the penalty. I hope he get life imprisonment," Gong yoo handed him the file.

Dong wook had not stopped thinking about the teacher. Her hand, her smile, her fresh face. He had imagined all kinds of nonsenses. The desires for her exploded like nothing else before.

He quickly shut the thought and his work mode was on.

But it was more than physical attraction. A tiny emotional tickling was forming in his chest though he did not know. 

"Thank you for picking Joon su up from school!" his sister said from the kitchen.

He had actually went to pick his nephew in an attempt of seeing the teacher again. Although it was not more than a 2 minutes of nods and hellos. 

He sat down next to Joon su who was watching the cartoon. 

"Joon su-a, don't get me wrong. But can I ask you something?"

Joon su nodded.

"Is your teacher single?" The question popped out his lips. Everyone loves beautiful things and he was quite sure a beautiful girl at this age would have a boyfriend. That idea made him uncomfortable but he could not hope much.

"What is your price?" 

"Ya! There is a price? You... ok. 1000 won," he said through gritted teeth. "How can I know if you are telling the truth?"

"Trust me uncle. This is the most tell topic at school. Either you want to know or the deal is off."

"Arrasso," Dong wook pulled out 1000 won from his wallet.

"Our teacher is single. How I know? Tr. Song is also temporarily in charge for the science class at seniors. And my friend, yoona, has a brother in science class so she told me."

Lee dong wook gaped. He was not only pleased that he still had a chance to get close to her but also awed by his nephew. 

"Are you even four? Kids these days."


 "Joon su-a, why don't you invite your teacher to your pre Birthday party next thursday," his sister said across the dinning table.

"I will ask Tr. Song."

Dong wook looked at his sister then to his nephew. 

Birthday. Teacher. Birthday. Teacher. 

He had been finding out so many possible ways to create a cautious way to apporach and party seemed to be the one of the best given opportunities.