That Part He Missed

When Love Dominates Everything (Detective Romance)

 Jihyo whimpered as Sung Woo hit hard contact with her ribs. She was still fighting for air.

"You suffer pain. Right? This is for giving my son pain physically and mentally. If In Sung isn't seriously in love with you and he has not begged keeling for more than 24 hours, you would be dead by now !"

Sung Woo kicked again. Jihyo cuddled up into a ball as her body crumbled. It was getting worse. 

"Planning to go to the police with proves? Like father like daughter. Always a black spot in white. Always interfering my job!"

Sung Woo lifted his walking stick and hit her legs once. At that time, Jihyo became blurry and dark covered her mind. It wasn't long she was gone to a dark dream that a slap at her face brought back her conscious. She blinked and realized she was still lying on the floor, her whole body aching from pain. She could see Park Sung Woo was not alone here, there were about four or five strong men standing stiff and tall behind him.

Is she going to die like this? She thought. 

Suddenly, Sung Woo pulled her up and seized with his hand again pinning Jihyo against the wall.

"Becoming bolder as you think your rich detective boyfriend might save you? Lee Dong Wook is on my black list as you. I could just get rid of him with a flick of my fingers. And you don't want him to get harm, don't you?"

The squeezing at her neck became worse and what's more, the mention of Dong Wook from Sung Woo's mouth was more terrifying even. Jihyo nodded and nodded.

"Listen to me, if you don't want to die as soon as possible and don't want those around you get hurt, back off. Just keep those proves in your tiny ty brain. Don't be an annoying in my jobs! Understand?!" Sung Woo shouted and Jihyo nodded with begging tears. 

"Say it!!" Sung Woo demanded. Jihyo tried but it was impossible to just make a sound when his grip could break her neck. However, she attempted to say 'Yes'.

As soon as he heard the low murmuring 'yes' from Jihyo, he threw a one last punch to her stomach which Jihyo cried from excessive pain and she fainted. Her whole world went black.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dong Wook followed calmly behind his mother carrying a fruit basket. They were visiting Lee Da Hae's grandmother. She was hospitalized for coronary heart disease and being a close family friends, his mother insisted he should be going with her too.

Dong Wook would be so glad to just hang out in his apartment with his soju bottles and beers mourning over the lost of his love, the pain of his heart. He had shut the whold world completely since the day Jihyo walked away and gave up on their relationship. However he couldn't live in his own world for long when his mother was demanding him to wear the finest clothes and to come with her to the hospital for visit. 

Now they were entering the VIP room of the hospital room and family members were surrounding the patient.

Dong Wook searched for Da Hae and saw her weeping into her handerchief at a corner of the room. He walked there to show his present. Da Hae loved her granny so much as she was mostly raised by her. Da Hae said the doctor had told them to prepare their mind.When the situation you can't ignore come, it is best to deal with it. Dong Wook kept that in mind and gave her a hug but as soon as he did that, Da Hae weeped like a baby starving for milk. Clinging into his arms. She was still a best friend and what she actually needed right now was a comfort. So he let her cried in his embrace.

In a next hour, Dong Wook was at the lobby of the hospital about to take a leave as this time, work was demanding him to come. Then he saw Kim Joong Kook and Baek Chang Ju at the reception. They were exchanging talks and after a while Chang Ju went back to the elevator and Joong Kook headed to the entrance. 

They were the only friends or what Jihyo said, family of her. Seeing them at a hospital together worried Dong Wook that Jihyo might be ill or sick. He ran to Joong Kook who was already existing the hospital. 

"Hyung! Joong Kook Hyung!" Dong Wook called out. Hearing upon, Joong Kook was so surprised to see him.

"Hey, Dong Wook! What a surprise!"

"Nice to see you again hyung. It has been a long time. What are you doing here? Is someone sick?"

Joong Kook looked uncomfortable and Dong Wook knew at that moment that there was something going on.

"Shall we talk somewhere private?"

Dong Wook nodded and they went to sit at a bench in the hospital's garden that was made for patients to get fresh air. 

"Heard everything," Joong Kook stated first and continued, "You must be familiar with the name Eagle Gang since you are a detective."

"Yes. I am in charge of investigation on them."

"Well, then you might as well know BlackE's CEO park Sung Woo."

Dong Wook nodded.

"Jihyo is hospitalized because of him."

At first, he was confused. Because of Park Sung Woo? Hospitalized?! That meant she was badly injured or what? Very sick? This worried Dong Wook to dead. 

"Is she alright?"

"She is. Yes. Recovering quickly. She was unconscious for about 16 hours because that almost broke her ribs and..." Joong Kook stopped talking as if what he had just said was not supposed to be said. As if he had revealed too much of hidden secrets.

"Hyung, what is that? What actually happened?" Dong Wook forced and gripped his phone tighter. 

"Hyung, please what is it that she is hiding. How is she related with Eagle Gang? You would tell me, wouldn't you?"

Joong Kook remained silent. Dong Wook became frustrated and stood up and paced forth and back. About days ago, Jihyo held a gun at him. Saying things on Eagle Gang, willing to kill her, suspecting him as one of them. All of these! He  didn't get it. Dong Wook noticed Jihyo was a mystery but he didn't notice her mystery would be so dangerous. He had done every background check on her yet everything is clear. Now she was in hospital unconscious for almost a day because of his biggest enemy. When he was immersed in his own thoughts, joong Kook spilled the beans.

"Jihyo won't like it. Anyway I am filling you what happened this recent days, leaving those of her past that are to be told by herself. About weeks ago, that night when Jihyo mistaken you as Eagle Gang and she told you to leave. Around the middle of the night, she was out for a stall near the park of her apartment because she wanted to get fresh air to clear of her mind. She was on her way to home when suddenly a man gripped her wrist and pull her to a dark corner. Jihyo tried to resist but he was as strong as a hulk. There was also noone around. She said the man tried to...," Joong Kook sighed and when he continued there was a hint of anger in his voice.

"The man tried to her," he choked.

Dong Wook in a lungful of air and the air went straight to his nerves. 

"Jihyo shouted and defended back however his strength was not to be rival with. She remembered the gun in her coat. The gun of yours. Without any experience, she pull the trigger and the bullet went straight to his left arms. That was enough for the man to back off and Jihyo took this opportunity and escaped. We found out that the man is Park Sung Woo's adopted son, Jo In Sung. She said she has seen him before and you was with her too. At that time, we figured out the man who has been following her around is also In Sung. And we also figure that Jihyo has messed up also with Sung Woo for that. Thats why she moved from her apartment and also quit her job. My place is already tracked so Chang Ju insisted her to stay at his place. However, two days ago, Sung Woo came there and abused her by kicking and hitting her with his walking sticks. I think you can fill in the blanks why Sung Woo did that."

"Yes. Because Jo In Sung is the most beloved son by Sung Woo and the gunshot to his son was enough to move him to edge. That Son Of A !!"

Dong Wook cursed and threw a fist into the thin air. How dare he!! Dong Wook was surely going to give Sung Woo the pain in his .

"I am so sorry for I can't protect her from harms. I do my best. But she is a head-strong woman and she doesn't want none of us to be tangled in her problems. She wants no harms to us. This is why she keeps pushing you away, Dong Wook although she loves you so much. I am talking all this to you because the problem is getting more dangerous and I need your help. Jihyo also needs you. She just doesn't want to show it. She has lived with the fear that the people she loves might turn away from her if they ever got to know the true person and past hidden inside," Joong Kook said and suddenly he stood up to take Dong Wook hands. 

"Please, man, please help her. Please understand her. Just a little more faith. She needs you more. Please rescue her from the dark world. I beg you. Please don't give up on her. I can't bear to see her hurting again. Please," 

Dong Wook has never seen the most desperate expression on Joong Kook's face. He then knew that when it comes to Jihyo, Joong Kook would even kneel for help. That wasn't necessary anyway. Part of everything was clear. Dong Wook has never stopped loving Jihyo. He was broken when she said she was back with Chang Ju. But that was a lie. Joong Kook had cleared the meddling threads. Nope. Dong Wook was not giving up on her. He was taking any harms for her. Not even worrying a bit, because he was protecting for whom he loved.

"Hyung, I am willing to give a hand to this problems. Jihyo just not says anything. Don't worry from now on Hyung. I am pretty sure Sung Woo would open his devil mind and made the police looked different ways. He can sue Jihyo as a suspect for his son's injury and for illegal owning of a weapon. When in the truth Jihyo uses it as a defense. Yet the complaints has not yet reached to the head. Leave those problems to me. I will do it," Dong Wook firmly said to relax Joong Kook. It could not be counted how many times Joong Kook thanked Dong Wook for that matter. He was so thankful.

"Please give her time. I suppose Jihyo will tell you her past sooner. She will. I can tell but it will look crossing the line if I tell. So better to hear it from herself. Her life has been rough, Dong Wook. So rough...,"

Dong Wook requested Joong Kook to see her and he agreed, took her to the room she was being hospitalized. When Dong Wook went there, Jihyo was asleep. Various electronic devices were beside her and she had an IV infusion. Chang Ju was sitting by the bed and no sooner did Dong Wook enter, he seemed displeased. But he hid it quickly and left in an instant Jong Kook gestured to leave Dong Wook and Jihyo alone.

Dong Wook held Jihyo's hand and as soon as he had her hand in his, he moved to his lips and kissed her hand. A lone tear escaped. Her forehead had a plaster and her left arm was bandaged. This little body was injured by the kicks and blows of his enemy, and also her enemy too. Dong Wook was never going to forgive him ever. He wanted to kill Sung Woo. He stayed silent blaming himself over and over again for believing that Jihyo had found other and moved on. Blaming himself for thinking that when Jihyo would never do that. Blaming himself for not being able to protect her. 

"Dong Wook?" a low murmur woke him up and sun had set already. He didn't know how long he had dozed off still holding her hand.

"You awake? You hungry? Are you feeling better?" Dong Wook immediately stood up and placed his hand over her forehead.

"I am good. Why are you here? How do you know I am here?" Jihyo removed his hand and tried her best to sit up. 

"Be careful," Dong Wook ignored her questions and adjusted her pillows.

"You haven't answer me!"

"I am here for you. I know you are here by accidentally meeting up with Joong Kook and we talked for a bit."

Jihyo eyes went wide and shocked to hear that they talked. Did Joong kook oppa tell her past? As if sensing her worries, Dong Wook reassured her, "Don't worry. Not your past. I hope you will tell me soon. We talk about the recent days we have been apart."

Jihyo let out a huge relief. Dong Wook sat beside her and took her hand again. 

"Jihyo-a, you know I am not going to scream running up the hill even you tell me the worst side of you. I love you, baby. So stop pushing me away. Let me in. Let me be your light and guide you to the safest place. Let me...," 

Jihyo stared right into his eyes and she still saw that the look of his eyes had not changed. He still looked at her like he used to, like she was the world to him, like he was giving so much promises. She slid down the palm of her hand down his cheek and began to tear up.

"Why am I thinking I don't deserve your love? I am sorry. So sorry for making you hurt. I just wanted you to get out of any harms so I lied. Chang Ju is letting me stay for my safety. Thats all. Dong Wook, I am scared," Jihyo whispered.

Dong Wook reached forward and hugged her in his warm arms.

"You deserve everything," he kissed her hair and hugged her tighter. The rain was hitting the glass window of hospital room and thunder struck as if it could break up the sky. 

"Cried enough?" Dong Wook muttered softly and Jihyo nodded. She was done crying now. 

"Saranghae," Jihyo said. "I miss the warmth of you."

He grinned like it was the most beautiful words he had ever heard. Jihyo nestled closer into his chest, listening to his beating heart beats. His warmth, into his protective arms.

"You miss only this?"

"Miss you too," Jihyo smiled the smile that whole world loves to see. She looked down at his clothes and he was wearing a plain white shirt tucked into the pants. She traced her hand on the collar of his white shirt and kissed his neck.

"That's how my stylish boyfriend Lee Dong Wook dress up," Jihyo giggled.

"I miss that laugh. I miss that smile. I miss you," Dong Wook touched her pouty soft lips which was curved into a smile.

"Will you forgive me for lying about my job?"

"Only if you forgive me for hurting you," Jihyo said. Dong Wook moved in closer till the breath of each other touched. The attraction was still the same. The feeling had not changed when this closeness wa brought up to them. The kissable scence was interupted by-

Ring-Ring-Ring

Dong Wook pull his phone 

The ID said, "Lee Da Hae"

Jihyo looked down at his phone and she saw it too. Why was Da Hae calling at this hour?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the next chapter,

Jihyo waited in front of Dong Wook's apartment. She rang the bell but noone answered. Is he with her? That thought was lingering in her mind since she had encountered Dong Wook and Da Hae exchanging kisses at the corner of exist of hospital. They were kissing...........

Jihyo's secret will be revealed on next chapter. So stay tuned... 

Comment below so I can know what you think of this fic. Love you all😙😙