Mystery Begins(He who?)

When Love Dominates Everything (Detective Romance)

Jihyo dashed towards the 2nd floor of the hospital with Dong Wook absentmindly followed her. Jihyo stood like a statue at an opened doorway of Room47. Dong Wook catched up with her and looked into the room from behind her shoulder and saw two doctors and a nurse and a woman who was bawling like it was the end of her world. Beside her on the bed was a silhouette of a person covered up to the head with white hospital blankets. The older doctor came to Jihyo, shook his head and said sorry then left with another doctor. 

Jihyo's knees frailed and she sat down on the floor. Tears rolled down her cheeks and she started to cry too. 

Dong Wook panicked and he followed down to the floor and pulled her into his arms. Jihyo wrapped her hands around his neck hugging him tighter and cried. Her warm breath and cold tears touched his neck and he suddenly felt weak too.

"She left.... She left me too. I didn't even get to say goodbye. Why____Why do they always have to leave me like that? What did I do in my past life to deserve all this?" she said with her trembling lips against his neck. "They are following me. Whom should I depend on now? I am scared... am scared."

He pulled her closer and gently rocked her back. He couldn't resist when women cried. He hated how he felt guity even though he wasn't the reason of their tears. Now the one woman he so desired and wanted was wailing in front of him. 

An ache formed in his chest on seeing her helpless. He had already been weak when it came to her. It was like she had consumed all his strength. 

He had no idea how he should say to soothe her. Instead he decided to stay quiet and let her cry in his arms. 

She was scared. In that moment he wanted to be a shield for her. He wanted to protect her. Indeed he would.

___________________________________________________

A man was lying in the center of the room with a gun shot on his left chest. Crimson blood rushed outward from his injured chest. His eyes widely opened and stared with stone cold eyes up to the ceilings. Indicating he must have seen or experienced a tragic thing before he laid his feet to hell or heaven. 

Dong Wook stalked towards the dead body and kneeled beside him. His work mode was on. He put on the gloves and lift up the dead man's hand. The loose shirt sleeves rolled down and a tiny eagle tattoo on his wrist was revealed. 

"A pizza delivery man found him hyung. He said when he came, he saw a man who is wearing a black hoodie scampered from the room. The delivery man said he couldn't see his face because it was hidden with cap. He just stared at him and when he found someone was dead, he rushed down the stairs to follow him. But he lost him," Han Bin explained.

"Did he notice something significance on him?" Dong Wook glanced side way down at Han Bin.

"Oh_yes....he said he catched a glimpse at the necklace on the strange man. He was wearing a black nylon cord with a silver eagle necklace."

"Have you searched around the room? Have you identified the dead man?" Dong Wook asked sternly and looked around the room. 

He stopped in frond of the refrigerator and opened it.

He took out two cereal boxes from the shelf and examined. They were heavy and odd someone would put them inside to cool. He motioned Han Bin to opened the boxes. Han Bin drew out six plastics bag where white powder were packed. He stubbed a hole into a pack and smell the powder. They were . Han Bin whistled and was rewarded by a glare from Dong Wook. 

Dong Wook then examined the cans and with the help of a can-opener, he found bills probably worth thirty million won. 

"I want all the deatils on Eagle Gang. I believed the gang have rebelled. From the news I heard recently, the head of the gang had convictted and we all need to spy on his every movement." Han Bin nodded and wote down on his note book.

Dong Wook arrived at the funeral of Jihyo's aunt that evening. He had been volunteering throughout the mourning days. He helped clean up and served the guests together with Jihyo. Jihyo said he had no reason to do so. She also said she didn't want his pity and she didn't fell for him just because she broke down into tears in front of him. 

Jihyo said these with no emotion on her face and though these words partly wounded his pride, he ignored. 

Jihyo gave up at last. She felt sorry for saying like this. It occurred to her that this would be the only way to put him at arm's length. She said thing but she didn't mean it. She just hated to show her weakness. 

Dong Wook froze at the entrance to the room. Jihyo was hugging and sobbing quietly in the arm of another man. The man had square firmed jaw. The black suite he was wearing lined the musculine arms and Dong Wook wondered how many times he worked out. She mumbled something Dong Wook couldn't catch up as he was too far away from them to notice his present. The man lightly patted on her back and kissed her head affectionately. 

The scence alone twisted his heart like a knife. He clenched his fist and his jaws tightened. He was aware he was about to bolt towards them and threw a fist to the man for being someone whom she trusted and cried like she did in front of him. But he remained calm.

Jihyo was right. He had no reason to even imagine the absurd idea which he didn't know the source of it coming. Jealousy or Anger? 

Various attributions run in his mind.

She obviously knew him well. The man could be her brother. But never heard her mentioned the man. Not even heard from the gossips of the guests that the death person had another relative other than Jihyo. 

Or he could be her boyfriend. Boyfriend. The word alone could made his temper rose up to the edge. 

He wondered if this was the main reason she was pushing him farther. Because she had a boyfriend. His heart constricted liberating an ache every second watching them. She had stopped crying but the man didn't let her go and softly carressed her cheeks and whispered. 

Dong Wook decided he would go back to the office. Would busy himself with the details and research on Eagle Gang. 

He had never shifted a duty on a case which he was assigned to. But today he did. He gave the case to Gong Yoo since he was so desperate to come here. And be near with her. 

But seemed like other had replaced or stole his place. 

In Dong Wook's mind the same questions repeated.

"Who is he? What is her relation with him?"