Persuasion to her Mystery World

When Love Dominates Everything (Detective Romance)

 To Dong Wook, alcohol didn't seem to be a distraction or the girls who were being so touchy weren't either. Gong Yoo and the other two junior assistant detectives were having a fun time flirting and drinking and bluffing.

He was going back to his apartment from his sister's house when Gong yoo called him, asked him to join them at the pub. So he went to the pub to get off his mind from an impossible chasing of a girl and going back to his normal life; work and girls for pleasure.

"If you dance with that beautiful girl at the bar, I will buy you dinner for two days," Hee Chul, a junior detective said to Han Bin. 

"I have charisma that can make every women's heart melts," Han Bin winked.

"What if you come back with a slap mark on your face?" Gong Yoo joked.

Dong Wook glanced over to the bar curious of their conversation. 

He then saw her. There were no girls except her. Jihyo. Staring blankly at the people on the dance floor. Her slender fingers drummed along with rthyms. 

He heard she was at the hospital hours ago. He wondered what brought her here.

Han Bin stood up straightening his T-shirt.

"Move an inch toward her and I will  break your neck," Dong Wook uttered.

Everyone around the table turned as one to him.

Dong Wook himself was surprised by himself. The thought of any boys going near her irritated him. He knew he had no reason to feel that way. 

He only knew her name and had seen her twice. It made no sense to feel possessive over her. But he couldn't either have a complete control over his conciousness. 

He noticed he had created a weird atmosphere.

"She is my...friend," he said and stalked towards her.


 "Seems you want to go there and dance?"

When Jihyo found Dong Wook leaning at the bar, she couldn't even believe her eyes. The God-Gift-To-Women. He was leaning against the bar staring her intently. She flushed crimson.

"Jung Soo's uncle," she greeted.

"You can call me Dong Wook. Looks like we are the same age. 81 born?" he smiled taking a sip of the cocktail in his hand.

"Yeah. Jihyo."

"I heard you were going to the hospital."

"Oh Yes. You were at the party? I am so sorry. Someone I am very close to got a heart attack and is transferred to ICU. She is good now. I thought of going back. But the time said nine. I was a little stressed, you know, kids especially seniors' class, and an emergency. So I came here," her voice was a whisper.

"Then why don't you let the stress out on the dance floor?"

"Umm... I should not. I am a teacher. I am supposed to be a role model right? I think that is inappropriate."

"To me, teachers are human too. Forgive me if I am wrong, but as long as you are not wearing clubbing clothes to school, you are fine."

Jihyo bursted out laughing. And it was the first time in the day that she had actually smiled. She shook her head still rejecting to dance. 

"What do you do for a living Dong Wook ssi?" she changed the subject.

Work? That was a private matter for him. He never let anyone knew who he actually was except his family. Why? Number one: he didn't like to be interfered in his work with personal matter. Number two: he was from a secret agency which government had constituted with well-trained detectives and agents for complicated and confidential cases. 

"I am a lawyer," that was his answer to that question. That was not a lie. That was partly true cause he was graduated with law. But never ever interested in working in that field. 

They talked and talked creating bonds between them. They shared their interests, their thoughts on recent events happening around Seoul. 

Jihyo had never felt at ease in talking with anyone but him. Apart from her aunt, she didn't have one of her age to hang out and chat. 

The more they spent time in a conversation, the more Jihyo became attracted to him. It was like she had found the confort she had been searching in his. The bees started buzzing in her chest the way she had never had. 

That was not right. He was her student's uncle and they had known for about like minutes. Falling for someone at first sight was not what she believed. 

"Are you okay? You are sweating," Dong Wook asked when he knew jihyo became quieter. Her face turned into unreadable mong expression. 

He streched his hand out to gently wipe the beads of sweats forming on her forehead.

His eyes locked with hers. They were gleaming like a star. Sensual and persuasion to her world. He had fallen deeper. Deeper than he had expected. 

Suddenly, her lips covered his. She was kissing him. Her lips were demanding and so soft. She nibbed his upper lips then gently on his lower lips. 

It took him a few seconds to realize this was not a dream. He circled his hands around her waist and leaned in closer to her kiss. She was sitting on the barstool and he was standing between her legs responding her kiss with the needs he had been feeling since he first met her. Her hands knotted around his hair and she pulled it hard. 

He growled, as he could feel every blood boiling. Her scent was intoxicating mixed with flowers and her own scent. He deepened the kiss by biting softly on her lip. Their lips were in sync. Their breathing became together. 

He had never been and what's more, he was confused for her bold movement. He wasn't complaining, he was enjoying that so much. He didn't want to stop. 

She broke the kiss inhaling lungful of air. 

They were both gasping for air.

"Whoa... Jihyo...that was...," he couldn't even find words. He was awed. 

When he looked at her again, her eyes changed into more distance, colder, sober not the same ones that was filled with brightness, and desires.

"I am sorry," she whispered. She quickly got up from the bar stool and freed herself from his hands around her waist. 

She hastily grabbed her purse and run through the crowds of people on the dance floor. 

That was so fast that he was left with confusion. He was rooted to the spot looking her back disappeared into the crowds. She was gone again. 

Even Cindrella left her glass shoe so that the prince could find her.

But Jihyo just walked away. Dropping no clues. 

A  mysterious woman. He had fallen for the mysterious woman.