Not Mistakes

When Love Dominates Everything (Detective Romance)

 Jihyo walked briskly down the hallway already bustling with students coming out of their classes at lunch time. The vibration from her coat's pocket distracted her that she went to the nearer quiet corridor to answer it. She hesitated for a few moment when an unknown number popped on the screen.

What her aunt warned when she visited her ealier this morning at the hospital reminded Jihyo.

"The one who killed your family had discharged from the prison after years. He found out our true identity and he will surely know you are the only one who is alive. He will find you in any way he can get you as there are many confidants under him and I am worried he would harm you. So I want you to be careful wherever you go, whoever you associate with."

She picked up the phone and let the other person on the line said first.

"Jihyo-ssi," the mention of her name by a familiar voice instintively washed away her anxiety and stimulated the bees in her to buzz.

"Lee Dong Wook-ssi," her voice trembled with nervous feeling.

She knew why he was calling her although she had no idea how he got her number. She knew she had some explaining to do about her stupid stunt last night. 

"Can we meet please?"


 Jihyo felt a shiver run down her spine. She felt like she was being watched. Jihyo turned around to find nothing but the quiet school fields. She convinced herself that it was just a delusion from her aunt's words. 

She quickly walked to the school parking lots. 

When Jihyo arrived at the parking lot, she found Lee Dong Wook leaning against the white Range Rover. The white shirt was tucked into his blue denim jeans and the sleeves were rolled up to his elbow in that way every women find attractive. 

I would never get tired of watching this angel in front of me.Jihyo spoke herself mentally.  

"Have you eaten?" Dong Wook asked opening the front passenger door.

"Can we talk in the car?" She knew this was the unsuitable answer to his question but she needed to get away quickly with her explanation and done. 

The atmosphere was silent and awkward in the car. Each of them arranging the sentences what to say first. 

"I apologize for what I did last night," Jihyo whispered.

"I was a little drunk and... and... I was...."

"You were stressed and you needed a distraction," Dong Wook filled the blanks Jihyo couldn't say out loud.

Jihyo's eyes widened. It was like he could see through her. She immediately felt . 

She had hidden well emotions but in front of him she now realized she couldn't cover up them. 

How? She couldn't figure out how... 

He was right. Last night after her aunt had revealed a great truth about her life, she had needed the confort, longed to be said that everything would fall into place again. It was when she found that confort she had been searching in him. She felt it. She felt safe around him. When he touched her forehead to clean away her sweats, she fell for his caring gesture. She wanted all his attention and she wanted a distraction to explode the confusing bomb in her that she kissed him.

Now, without even needing to explain, he already knew. 

"I like you," Dong Wook said gruffly that made Jihyo's sparking eyes locked in his determined eyes.

"I may sound frankly stupid but I will  admit I am immediately drawn to you since first time I met you. You are gorgeous, breathtaking, beautiful, the list is endless. I made up reasons to see you so I always send and fetch my nephew to school. Just in the tiny hope to see you. Every time I watched you, I fell a little more. I wanted you. And last night when you kissed me out of blue, you made me want you more. What kind of spell did you put me into?" 

Jihyo just stared at him blankly. She liked him too of course but she was not going to let him know that. Her life was complicated and she had to be careful with everyone she involved with. 

Dong Wook was not the type of man to use for her usual distraction method. He was honest, insanely handsome, the ideal types women want combined in his one body. 

Jihyo needed to stay away. If she didn't, she would fell deeper than she had expected. She knew she couldn't take the risk if the unknown people who were determined to chase her away harmed him. 

"You don't know me. And last night was just mistakes," Jihyo said in a stern tone.

"I would like to know you better. Can't I have a chance?" Dong Wook replied in a pleading tone.

"I am sorry."

Dong Wook sighed heavily and grabbed his hand tightly on the steering wheel.

The silence stretched again in the car.

Then Jihyo's phone rang.

"Miss Lim," Jihyo answered. 

But after that word, "Miss Lim", Dong Wook heard nothing for a few minute. He didn't know what the other person was talking on the another line. But hearing no response again, Dong Wook glanced back to Jihyo.

She was sobbing quietly....