Letter Buddies (Chap. 3)

My Boyfriend from Kindergarten

 

 

 

     Lunch time arrived slow as ever. I pretended to have a headache, and Ms. Sunn allowed me to put my head down. I just didn't want to look at Oliver. It worked for most of the class, until Ms. Sunn offered for Oliver to take me back to the nurse because of my nonexistent headache. I decided to try to pay attention at least. Everything on the chalk board looked like scribbles. Organized scribbles. I guess when they were singing the alphabet, I should've looked at the letters too instead of just listening with my head down.

"Okay so now we gonna learn how to write our names! Can someone help me spell my name on the board?" she held out the piece of chalk, wanting someone to grab it. A girl with a short red bob got up and skipped to the board. She almost looked just like Ms. Sunn. "Okay, Lesliee. Spell my name. Do you want me to help yo-"

"No I got this!" she snapped.

"Um, Okay.." she said hesitantly laughing.

 

M S. S O O N

"See! I told you I got this!" boasted Lesliee.

"No, sweetheart. That's not how you spell my name. You want to try agai-"

"NO I DON'T WANT TO TRY AGAIN! You try by yourself! Hmph.." She stomped back to her seat, and plotted back in her chair with her face all puffed up like a chipmunk.

I know who to avoid now.

"Okay I will give you all one more try! Who wants to spell my name?"

No one raised their hand or got up. I knew I wasn't gonna get up. If I did, I was gonna walk out the room and never return. Just when she turned around and was about to write her own name, Oliver got up. "Ms. Sunn.. I want to!" he exclaimed.

He looked so cool. The way he just got up, and looked at the teacher. His face was so stern. Almost as if he had to poop. But it still looked cool.

"Ohh wonderful Oliver! Come on up!" She handed the chalk to Oliver and he walked toward the board.

 

M S. S U N N

"Ooh my excellent excellent job, Oliver!!" she claps and everyone else starts to clap; except for Lesilee.

Oliver gets a lollipop and dashes back to his seat, smiling as if he was in a candy store. I looked at him and smiled, but he didn't look back. He kept his face straight the whole time. In a way, I felt like I did something stupid. Why was he ignoring me? Is it because of what happened earlier?

"Now class, I will hand out some paper and markers, and I want you all to get into partners. Since there are 20 of you, we will count to 10 twice, okay? Whoever has your number will be your partner."

She started with the first row until she got to me. She counted for us all because obviously we didn't know our numbers. I was number 10. I didn't see who else was number ten because I couldn't keep track. I only know up to five. Everyone started to pair off, and I became dumbfounded and lost. Who is my partner? Oh no, why is Oliver staring at me? Why out of all people, he has to be my partner?

"Oliver and Olivia so you guys are partners!" she chuckled. Something tells me she knew this was gonna happen. "Now what I want you to do, is write each others name in your favorite color. Here is a pack of markers. And when you are done, you may talk until it's time to clean up, okay? Now, push your desks together." She pushes our desks together facing each other, and walks to another group of kids. Wonderful.

I look at Oliver, but he still doesn't look at me. He kept his eyes down. It was getting awkward again. But this time, it wasn't okay. I try to ignore him and I grab the pack of markers. I look for the green marker and I pull it out and put the pack back down. This is gonna be hard...I don't know how to write my own name, let alone his. Maybe if I wait until he write mines, I can copy; since our name is basically the same.

I wait patiently as he rummages through all the markers. But he doesn't stop until he sees the green marker in my hand. I guess he was looking for this one. Wait, this one?

"Um...you want this?" I whisper. He slowly nods his head and takes the marker, quickly averting his eyes back down again. "So um...green..is your favorite color?"

"Yeah," he says. "Is it your favorite color?"

"Yeah" I whisper. As he writes my name, his face calms and he begins to smile softly. It made my heart beat faster. My hands are getting sweaty, and I'm getting that lightheaded feeling again..

His favorite color is green...

"I finished writing your name" he says. "Do you like it?"

O L I V I A

He wrote my name...and it was beautiful.

"Yes, I love it."

"I love it too...a lot," he whispers, and smiles at me. "I love it too.."

 

 

 

 

 

**Okayy next chapter will be up between Tonight and Wednesday! Trust me it gets better ;) Keep reading!!**