White Lie (Chap. 11)

My Boyfriend from Kindergarten

 

 

     I still don't know why I told him I would do this. Why do I have to fly all the way over there? He can't come over here instead? I don't know why but it's like every time he suggests something,  I feel like I have to do it. But this time? No. This is crazy. And you know what, I still said yes. I guess you could say I trust him too much.

     I lay in bed (I have an actual bed now and the basement is still my room but it looks much better than before) wondering how I'm gonna do this. I'm a senior in high school and I'm already stressing about passing and getting into college. How would he be able to pay for me? So many freaking questions were going on in my mind because I never even thought of going there so abruptly like this. Even the little questions like what clothes should I bring,  and how should I do my hair over there?  The big main question is: how will I tell my parents? Maybe I can tell them I'm, spending he night at Tracy's house, or visiting a relative.  It will just be for the weekend, right? I'll leave on Thursday,  arrive Friday,  and go home Sunday night. I should be home by Monday. It's not too bad, since winter break is starting soon. I'll leave then.

************

     The next day I wake up to a bunch of text messages from Kyungwoo,  explaining what to expect when I come to Korea. It kinda made me feel nervous and overwhelmed. I already looked up many things about South Korea before, but it was just little things. He told me many things like the guest room doesn't have a bed, but a mat, learn some conversation skills, and  research about manners over here and  look up the foods. I'm not sure how this trip is gonna go, but I hope to dear goodness it works out perfectly fine.

     I rummage through my room, finding the best clothes I had. I refuse to go there with my "lounging around the house like a hobo" clothes, even though they were the most comfortable.  Honestly, I don't want to go. So many things can go wrong with this. Especially because I'll be by myself. This might be- no WILL be the most dumbest thing I've ever done. But at the same time, It's exciting, and I really do want to see Kyungie's face. I really do like him, mostly love him. And I can say the same for him too. But I think seeing him in person will confirm our love.

     During school, I can barely pay attention; and no it's not because of texting Kyungwoo. I'm busy trying to figure out how I'm gonna tell my parents. Honestly, my dad doesn't care what I do. As long as I don't come home pregnant, he says. I know. Such a father figure. My mom on the other hand, is more cautious. But she trusts me because we been through so much together, and she know I would do anything for her. Even when I was young, I gave her my 500 dollars to be able to provide for herself, but she didn't want to accept it. She told me to save it for something important. And maybe i'll use it now. I do need to buy some things for the trip, and this will help a lot. But I'm still nervous because I don't know what to say to them!

     " Hey Livi! You shouldda came to the concert, it was awesome! I winded up giving your ticket to Alexis though- wait, you look like your constipated. What's going on?"

"Oh, hey tray...um, I'm just thinking.."

"Thinking...about what?"

"Ugghhh well, Its about Kyungwoo-"

"AHA! He finally told you he's a creepy old man with 3 kids and a wife!"

"NOO GOSH DARNIT"

     I swear, ever since me and Tracy been friends, she been trying to get me to stop talking to Kyungie because she thinks he's an overall creep. I mean I do understand where she's coming from, but I highly doubt that's true. But all she ever been trying to do is protect me and my mom. She hates my dad. And my mom is like her own mother. Her mother left her and her father and brother all alone at a young age. So when we was younger, I told her we can share my mom. I don't regret saying that. She's the one who bought my mom a wheelchair. Her being my best friend was one of the best things to happen.

     "Ugh he needs to give up the act already! Everyone knows about the show Catfish! So he should know for sure he's gonna be next on there! I should email Nev and Max over winter break. We gonna nip this in the bud!"

     "Tracyyy noo..he's not a creepy old man I tell you! I known him for a long time. He wouldn't do that to me. But um...what I'm about to tell you might make you go even more crazy..."

     "Oh lord what? Haha your gonna meet him or something?! Pfft now I know your not that crazy to be doing tha- wait a second..you're meeting him aren't you..."

     I just nod my head out of embarrassment looking down at the lunch table.

     "OLIVIA MARIE STEWART YOU ARE NOT GOING TO MEET THAT OLD MAN CREEPWOO OKAY? ITS NAHT HAPPENING NOPE NO I REFUSEE"

     "Shush! Come on! I need to meet him! Its been basically 13 years! don't you wonder what he might look like too?! He could wind up being a chaebol*! Okay I'm just kidding about that (not really) but I need to meet him!  We really do care for each other and I would like to take this relationship further, where we might be able to actually date. Please Tracy..you have to help me meet him!"

Tracy folded her arms looking extremely irritated, but then her expression calmed. Just a little

"uggGGGHHH...fiiinnne! I'll help you"

"YAY OHMYGOSH THANK YOU SO MUCH!" I hug her tightly squealing in her ear.

"Okay okay! Ouch get out of my ear bruh! But how will I help you? What are you doing and when are you trying to go?"

"Okay so, I'm gonna catch a plane to South Korea next Thursday when winter break starts."

"Wow your freaking crazy. How are you gonna get the money to go?"

"Kyungwoo said he will pay for the trip. I just gotta get my stuff together."

"Okay so there's one little problem with that... next week my dad and Michael is going to our winter camping like we normally do each year. So I don't know how I can cover for you.."

"Oh that's perfect!!"

"Huh? "

"Come over my house today! I'll explain it all on the way home."

**************************************

 

"So your father is okay with this, Tracy?"

"Yes Ms. Stewart, my dad already said its fine for her to join us on our trip. We paid for everything she just gotta pack her clothes and get ready!"  smiled Tracy

I can't believe I'm lying to my mother like this...

"Well okay that's fine with me..be safe Olivia. And have fun"

"I will momma"

Tracy and I walk downstairs to my room and close the door behind us

"I can't believe it's gonna work! She really believed us!"

"Well of course she did. She trusts the both of us a lot" I said, walking to my bed to lay down.

"Yeah...but we did it. We can't go back now! And when you go, you better Skype me when you get there! The last thing I need is for you to get kidnapped by creepwoo and never make it back to America"

"I will haha. Thanks for everything Tracy." I smiled

"No problem. We're family. I have to do this. I hope you find what you're looking for when you get there...Welp, I gotta go. Dad's making tacos tonight. Wanna come with?"

"Nah Imma stay home, and get ready." 

"Aight cool. Cya"

Tracy leaves and I'm still shook that this is really gonna happen. She's right,  

 

To Kyungie: Kyungie, get the ticket. I'm ready

 

There's no going back.









 

*Chaebol- Wealthy business owner ran through a union or marriage

Next Chapter will be up soon! :) vote and comment if you want more!