First Day of School (Chap. 1)

My Boyfriend from Kindergarten

 

 

"Daddy...I..I don't want to go-"

"Shut it! you're going.."

     "But I don't know wh-" "I said SHUT IT, you son of a pig!" He gripes me up behind his volkswagen and squats down eye level to me. His hair is matted and soaked from his sweat, and his breath smelled; stale and sour. "Listen to me and you listen good. I don't give dang heck what you do or don't wanna do. Go on and take your lunch. I'll get you at 3. Go on now."

     I just stood there. Scared. Everything scared me. My Daddy's temper, my home, and this new place I have to go to. Everyth- "I said GET!" He jolted, and pushed me against the cars' mirror, making me hit my head. I ran as fast as I could, leaving my lunch behind. Maybe this place won't be so bad after all...I'll be away from him.

     I run up the marble steps and push open the doors. Why are they so heavy? As I walk down the hallway, my walking becomes aimless, and I just stand there next to the big and small water fountain. Down the hallway were many doors. They all looked the same. Some have pictures on it, others have nothing. "Agh.." I rub my forehead, remembering I hit it, feeling a lump forming right above my eyebrow. I started to cry...I don't know why. I Just don't know what to do. Where do I go? I start to hear a man laugh and I quickly cover my mouth to stop from weeping and hide underneath the big water fountain. The laughing gets louder and I see the man come from out one of the rooms and walk toward the fountain. Quietly, I bawl up and sit like a statue..hoping to God he doesn't see me. He stands right above me and starts to drink from the fountain. It felt like he was drinking forever. He finally stopped drinking and starts to walk away, but then he stops.

"What's your name?"

Who is he talking to? It cant be m-

"You, under the water fountain," he chuckles "what's your name?"

He saw me? "...Olivia"

     "Olivia? That's a pretty name. I have a son named Oliver. maybe you will see him today" he smiled. He was strange to me. How did he see me? "Are you lost? I can help you find your homeroom. What's your last name?" I hesitated. I really don't wanna find my homeroom. I kinda like this water fountain. "um, its Stewart..Olivia Stewart.." "Okay, thank you Olivia. I promise I don't bite. You can come out," he bends over and reaches out his hand. "You can call me Mr. Lee. I'm the Principal here. So you can tell me anything, okay? I don't wanna find you back at this water fountain" he laughed. After sitting there for a while, with him still bent over, I finally decided to crawl from under the fountain. I didn't grab his hand. He walked me down to the door he came from around the corner. Next to the door, was a long red bench with crayons painted all on it. "You can sit here while I check what homeroom you are from, okay?" I nod and sit on the bench. The bench was more comfortable than I thought. More comfortable than my bed at home. As I wait, I find myself slowly dozing off. I can't remember the last time I slept. Peacefully...hmm..

 

************************************

     "Daddy why is she sleeping? Is she sick?" I hear faintly, as I wake up. My eyes half open as I see a boy hovering over me, and I quickly shut my eyes again. "Daddy..I think she sick. She has a boo boo on her head. Can you rub it for her and sing that song when I get boo boos?"

     "How about we take her to the nurse?" Mr. Lee picks me up and that's when I realized maybe I should've waken up, well let them know I'm actually awake. But I'm so tired...he can take me. Just this time. His suit smelled like ginger and peppermint. It was very soothing...I almost fell asleep again from his scent...again..

 

******************************************

     I finally wake up once again, but this time, I'm not in Mr. Lee's arms. I'm in an actual bed. It look like a hospital bed..The one Mommy was in a few months ago. I jerk as I hear a piece of candy wrap trying to be opened behind me. Who is that? I turn around and see its the boy. Why is he here?

     "Ooh! you wake up! Are you all better?" he says. Why is he so excited? I brush my dark brown curls out of my face and feel my forehead. Someone put a Band-Aid on the bruise. "I put it on for you. The nurse helped, but she let me put it on. I couldn't open it so she did. You feel better?"

I didn't know what to say. I guess I did...I had more energy now. "..Yes...thank you.."

     "You're welcome!" he smiled. He seems very happy. I wish I was that happy. "Oh, In return of me helping you, can you help me open this? It's too hard!" he wimps. "Oh, okay.." before I can even move to get off the bed, he runs over and hands it to me. I take it and open it easily. Why couldn't he open this? It was so easy. "Wow! you open it fast! Thank you very much..um.. what's your name?"

"I'm Olivia.."

     "Wow really?! My names Oliver. Nice to meet you" he smiles. We say nothing afterwards. It was getting awkward, but it was okay. It's like we understood each other before even knowing what we both were like. We just stared.His expression became calm..his hair was very dark, so was his eyes. His eyebrows were very straight.. face perfectly even. Pale, white skin. It worked for him. Everything did...

and it made me feel calm...

it made me feel calm...