Peppermints-(Chap. 2)

My Boyfriend from Kindergarten

     

 

     "My Daddy wanted me to wait until you wake up, so I can show you our homeroom. I know where it's at. I know everywhere in this place! Appa take me to work so I won't be nervous when I come for my first day." He quickly reaches out his hand, and waits for me to grab it. What's up with him and his dad holding people's hands? I swing my legs from the bed and jump off. I just stand there looking at him, until he finally moves.

"Follow me!" he says while running to the door. We both walk out the nurse room and walk down the hallway. The walls had paintings and murals of kids and cartoons. There were many vegetables holding a plate of their own kind on it with a glass of water, saying " Eat me at every meal!" I didn't know how I felt about that...Like why are you eating yourself? We get to the end of the hallway and he walks to the last door on the right. On the door, it says THE OWL ROOM: A-5. He knocks, and that's when I get really nervous. A young woman approaches and open the door. "Ooh hi! You must be Oliver and Olivia! Nice to meet you I'm Ms. Sunn, come right on in. Your father told me you were being a gentleman helping Olivia out. Is that so?" "Yeah! She had a boo boo and I help her make it feel better."

She guides us to our seats and he winds up sitting right next to me. I guess because our name is basically the same she sat us next to each other. It was fine though, because at least I knew him. "Okay class we have two new students here as well. We all introduced ourselves and said one thing that we like. Now its your turn" She points to Oliver. "My name is Oliver Lee, and um...umm...I like Peppermints!" Everyone claps and then they all look at me. "Good job, Oliver! Its your turn Olivia." she says eagerly. I wanna go back to that water fountain.

"um..my name is Olivia Stewart" I whisper.

"What was that, sweetie? Say it again, for the whole class to hear"

"um.."

I couldn't speak. Everyone kept staring. And now it was worse because I was not saying anything. "Psst, hey!" Oliver taps me. "You can do it!" he whispers. I turn and look at his smiling face. He really calms me. "My name...is Olivia Stewart" I yell. "And...I like-"

"Oliver!" yells a kid. Everyone starts to laugh.

"Haha you like Oliver!"

"Is he your boyfriend?!"

"I think that's her boyfriend!"

Everyone started saying one thing after another. My face blushed and I was getting lightheaded. Why would they do that...Im..I cant look anywhere but down on my desk. I turn my eyes just enough to see Oliver. He looked uncomfortable as well. Like he just blurted out a confession.

"Hey everyone hush! That is not nice to say! Leave her alone or Im giving you homework on the first day of class!" Yells Ms. Sunn. The class hushes and return back to normal. She starts teaching the class the alphabet, but all I can do is sit there, frozen. Paralyzed. What does Oliver think of me now? I don't want to be his girlfriend. I don't like him..he just helped me.

 

 

 

 

I know suuuper short! But its just the first chapter. Gotta let things unravel bit by bit. But keep reading ;)