Leap of Faith (Chap. 10)

My Boyfriend from Kindergarten

-New Message-

From Kyungie: 😐😐😝
 

Haha
 

-New Message-

From Kyungie: 😝😝😜😜😜

Hehe
 

-New Message-

From Kyungie: 🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓
 

Hahahahah-
 

"OLIVIA!!" 
 

"Huh?"

"Give me your phone! you'll get it when class is over." Ms. Yurn yelled, her hand reached out, waiting for my phone to be in her hand.
 

"Sigh, okay.."
 

     This is the third time she took my phone..I'm not even disrupting the class!
 

***
 

"Okay class, have a nice weekend! And don't forget your paper is due Monday! And Ms. Stewart, come here for a second."
 

     What more does she has to say? Can I just get my phone back? Kyungwoo's probably wondering why I didn't reply...or figured why.
 

"Yes, Ms. Yurn?"

     "You really need to stop distracting the class. Your taking for granted your phone privileges I have given you all. And because of you, everyone is about to not have their free use of their phones during class."

"No no I'm sorry! I'll stop texting and giggling and pay attention more. I promise." 

     "Okay. But this is your FINAL warning. Don't forget your paper, and have a good weekend." She hands me my phone and starts erasing the chalkboard. Thank God she gave me another chance.


 

To Kyungie: Sorry about that. Teacher took phone again 😑
 

-New Message-

From Kyungie: Haha gwaenchana. I figured. Since you like to be bad 😈
 

To Kyungie: Ani! Its your fault being silly! lol
 

-New Message-

From Kyungie: Sorryyy I'll be good ;) ;P
 

       Haha, I swear he's a mess. But he always make me feel good. Talking to him for this long caused no trouble. If anything it made things better for these past years. Got me through a lot with my family, and helped me move on from past mistakes, although I haven't told him the full story. And I think I did good for him too. He's going through some things as well, and talks to me when he has a problem. We both can't deny we live for each other.
 

     "Hey livi! you gonna come with us to the concert tonight? Michael copied tickets for us. They look just like the real ones! We'll totally get in for sure!"

      "Hey Tray I'll see. I'm suppose to get started on this essay. Cuz I know my behind won't start until Sunday night."

     "Ohh, well let me know! Cuz I know someone who will take em."

     "Okay, see ya"
 

     My high school life haven't been bad as I thought it would. It went pretty well. Found some friends, although they caused trouble (I myself am not a saint either), found better ways to cope with issues, and I get good grades. Most of all, Kyungwoo played a big part in this. He always encourages me to follow my dreams, and never stop for anyone, even myself.
 

     As I walk home, I think of all the things me and Kyungie talk about. We talk about everything from A to Z, and start all over again.  I wonder where its like where he lives, and what type of attitudes the people have over there. I tell him much about my family and life, but he doesn't say much about his. He barely sends pictures. He makes me think I'm on Catfish sometimes. But I don't think he would be a catfish. He thought I was a catfish once because I wouldn't send him a picture of my face. I'm just very self conscious so its hard to take pictures without thinking someone is going to judge me. Especially because of my race. I got bullied a lot in middle school for being black and white. People would call me mutt, and dirty snow. Middle school was the worse. But as you get older, you get over it. Somewhat.

     I get home and run to my room to charge my phone for when he messages me back. Over in Korea its the middle of the night so I know he's sleeping. I'm just glad its the weekend so I can stay up late and chat when he wakes up.

     My dad doesn't bother me much as I gotten older. Mainly because he has liver cancer from drinking so much. He mostly just complains now, but he doesn't put his hands on me, or my mom anymore. My mom isn't as sick as she used to be either, but she now sits in a wheelchair because she needs hip surgery , but doesn't have the money for the procedure. That's one reason why I need too work hard and get a good job; so I can make momma proud.

     I sit and paint a picture of my imagination of Korea, and Kyungwoo's home and family. Nice, peaceful, and just happy. I'm sure his family is to be jealous for as well. A couple hours later my phone rings. Its Kyungie


 

-New Message-

From Kyungie: Good morning beautiful ! How's your day going?
 

To Kyungie: Its going a lot better now that you're awake☺


 

- New Message-

From Kyungie: Awww how sweet! You miss me? 😉


 

To Kyungie: Of course I did! Did you?


 

-New Message-

From Kyungie: Everytime! Its worse because I don't see you in person ㅜㅠㅠ 
 

To Kyungie: I know :( I really wanna see you!


 

-New Message- 

From Kyungie: Then why not?! I would love to meet you! Especially after talking for almost 13 years.
 

To Kyungie: But...how?? :(
 

-New Message-

From Kyungie: Come to Korea! Oppa will pay :) Just pack your bags and leave when your ready~~
 

Fly to Korea?


 

-New Message-

From Kyungie: Trust me! I will take care of you :) you can meet my family too
 

Fly to Korea? This...its too soon.. 




 

-New Message- 

From Kyungie: So what daya say? ㅇㅅㅇ 😶😶😶
 

.....




 

Let's do this