Christmas [Part 1]

Responsibilities
Please log in to read the full chapter

Mina wrapped all of her presents carefully. She wasn't very talented in things like that, but she gave it a try. She couldn't afford getting it wrapped by others anyway. 

"Looks good enough." she said as she saw the mess in front of her. The packages were covered in tape, which didn't look very beautiful, wrapping paper was all over the floor. She could've done her task better, but after two hours of wrapping only four presents, she just gave up. 

There wasn't any Christmas decoration in her apartment, so she was glad that Jennie could have that with her grandparents. 

Mina grabbed the presents and put them in the car (exept for Jennie's). Then she started to make breakfast. 

Right after she was finished, Jennie stepped into the kitchen, rubbing her eyes as she was still sleepy. 

"Good morning." Mina said, her facial expression lighting up immediately. "Sit down, I made us some food." 

The kid sat down next to her mother and Mina put her some food on the plate. 

"Thank you." Jennie took a bite and squealed. 

"I'm glad you like it." Mina laughed. "Eat slowly, I don't want you to choke." 

After the two finished their breakfast, Mina stood up. "Close your eyes." Jennie did as she was told. Mina took out the present and held it in front of her body. "You can open your eyes now." 

"Merry Christmas, Jennie." 

Jennie opened her present and looked at it. It was a stuffed animal she always wanted. The little girl hugged her mother tight. "Thank you so much! You're the best mommy ever!" 

The present wasn't expensive or really special, but Jennie liked it and that was the only thing that mattered. "I will never let this go!" 

Mina chuckled. "Good. I hope you think of me when you're with your grandparents. Get ready, we have to go soon." 

"But I also have something for you." 

"You do?" Mina asked surprised. "What is it?" 

"Wait here." Jennie sprinted into her room and got a picture she drew for Mina. 

"That looks beautiful. Thank you." Mina kissed her daughter's cheek and smiled. On the back of the paper, there was a message. 

》We hope you like it, it took us a while to draw this. Merry Christmas from Jennie, Sana, and Nayeon.《

"Nayeon drew that right?" Mina asked and pointed at the woman on the picture. Jennie nodded and the Japanese girl laughed. "I knew it. We really have to go now, come on." 

"Okay." Jennie went into the bathroom to brush her teeth and get changed.

 

---

 

"Alright, we're here." Mina got out of the car and opened the door for Jennie. She took her by the hand and led her to the door. Mina took a deep breath and rang the doorbell. She would've bought a gift for her parents too, but the last years she would always find them in the trash bin when she picked Jennie up, so she didn't see the need to repeat that this year. 

 The door opened and Mina met the hateful stare of her mother. 

"Merry Christmas..." she said, almost whispered. 

"You can pick her up tomorrow at 1PM. Hey, dear, mer

Please log in to read the full chapter