Acceptance

Responsibilities
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung showed no reaction for at least thirty seconds. She, herself, didn't know what she felt. Was she shocked? Happy? Maybe she didn't even want to believe it. 

"Chaeyoung?" Tzuyu hesitantly asked, gaining Chaeyoung's attention again. 

"Maybe we should go and let them talk." Sana said to which her girlfriend agreed, both leaving the apartment soon after. 

An awkward silence surrounded Mina and Chaeyoung (and Jennie) for at least two whole minutes. Neither of them wanted to start talking, they didn't know what to say to each other. 

"So, it's true?" The younger one asked, despite knowing that Mina would never lie to her in that point, which would also be kind of ridiculous. 

The Japanese girl nodded, taking a deep breath before she decided to just tell the whole story at once. She wasn't sure why, but she felt the need to be honest with Chaeyoung. Maybe it was because of her confession, maybe it was because Mina trusted. She really wasn't sure, but one thing she knew was that she had to tell Chaeyoung the truth even though it wouldn't be easy for her to recall her past. She did it with Tzuyu, it should also be possible with Chaeyoung then.

"When I was 14, I had a boyfriend. His name was Jaebum and he was two years older than me. We went to the same school. Everything was going well until he started to feel the urge to...go further than kissing. I told him that I wasn't ready and wanted to wait, but he wouldn't listen and started to touch me. I screamed at him to stop. but he continued. Even when I told him that it hurt, he didn't stop and that's how everything started. I told my parents about it and, of course, they weren't happy. But I didn't think that it would get to the point of disowning me and throwing me out of their household. Well, I then lived with my grandparents. I dropped out of school for the time I was pregnant and my grandparents cared for Jennie when I was in school again. Sana was the only one in my class who knew about my situation. When I graduated, I got this job at the café to earn some money. When I had collected enough, I moved into my own apartment."

Mina paused to check if Chaeyoung was still able to follow her before she continued. 

"But even though it was an accident, I love Jennie so much and it's the best thing that could've happened to me. The reason I rejected your confession was because I was afraid. Afraid of falling in love again.

Please log in to read the full chapter