Work, work and...work.

Responsibilities
Please log in to read the full chapter

The 19 year old girl was busy preparing breakfast for her little daughter. The fact that she couldn't afford an expensive present for her daughter made her feel bad enough, so she wanted to at least put some effort in the meal. Jennie turned five and Mina wanted her to feel at least somewhat special. 

Myoui Mina gave birth at the young age of 14. Her boyfriend, who was three years older than her, left her right after she told him about her pregnancy. Her parents kicked her out of their household and Mina had to live with her grandarents. An abortion wasn't an option for her. Basically she lost all of her friends except for her best friend Sana who was the only one who knew what really happened. Fortunately, Mina's grandparents took care of the child and she had the time to finish her studies. Now, five years later, she adapted to the situation and loved Jennie more than everything on this world. She moved out of her grandparents' house and worked in a café to earn money. Sana worked in the kindergarten Jennie went to, so the two established a pretty good relationship. 

"Happy birthday, kiddo!" Sana squealed as soon as she saw Jennie enter the kindergarten. The little girl fell into her arms, her smile brighter than the sun. 

"Have a good day, I'll pick you up later." Mina said and gave Jennie a quick peck on the cheek. "Bye, Sana. Take good care of her."

Sana waved at her best friend and smiled. "Let's go celebrate a bit, shall we?" 

Jennie nodded enthusiastically and the two went to the rest of the group of kids. They sung, ate, played, and Jennie had a great day. She felt so happy with Sana and her friends, she didn't want the day to be over.

While Jennie had the time of her life, Mina had a mental breakdown. The workers she shared her shift with were all sick and no one volunteered to take their shifts, leaving Mina alone. Taking orders, making coffee, putting stupid cake on plates and serving people with a smile. All that at once for just one person? Mina wanted to cry as she saw how many people entered. She didn't get one break in 7 hours. The girl was glad that her day was over. She got some extra money for her hard work which was the only thing that mattered for her. 

Now she only had to pick up her daughter and then she could rest for a bit. 

Mina started her car and drove to the kindergarten.

"Sorry that I'm late." Mina apologized to Nayeon. Nayeon is one of Sana's co workers and the two became friends after some time. 

"It's fine. You look exhausted, are you okay?" the older one asked in a worr

Please log in to read the full chapter