Friends and Road Trips

Dreams coming true (ON HOLD)

Finally, it was the end of July. On one hand summer was coming to an end, but on the other hand Kcon was literally just days away. 2 nights of concerts, an incredible step up from having only one concert for the night like the year before. You were excited that they were bringing more artists this year, but mostly excited because Girls Generation was coming, your absolute favorite group in the world!

 

As a Sone you honestly couldn't believe that you were finally going to be able to see them in person. Sure there's nothing wrong with watching them on the computer but in just a few days you would see them standing right in front of you, singing ~Gee Gee Gee Gee baby baby baby~ live!

 

You smiled really big as you crawled into your bed. You covered yourself with the blanket and couldn't wait to leave. It was going to be a weekend worth remembering. You closed your eyes and drifted off to sleep.

 

Next Day

It was finally the day you were going to drive to L.A.  Your heart started to beat slightly faster, D-Day was coming, it was closer than ever before. After you showered and packed your bags you were ready to go.

 

Your roommate and best friend, Jamie, also loved kpop just as much as you, which made her the best roomate to have. She was a fan of girl’s generation as well, her bias being Taeyeon, while yours happened to be non other than Tiffany! Anyway, she was ready to go, she was excited that G-Dragon and CNblue were going to be performing as well.

 

“I'm so excited, we're finally going!” she squeled jumping up and down.

 

“I know!!! I hope Tiffany notices me!!!” You said as you threw your bag in the back of your car.

 

“Fat chance, that place is going to be filled with other girl’s generation fans, as far as you know you don't exist to her.”

 

You slammed the trunk closed, putting your hand on your heart, “Ouch, I hope your phone dies when Gdragon gets on stage!” You said it with as much sincerity as you could muster up as you walked to the driver side door.

 

She stopped in her tracks, right in front of the passenger door. Gasping out loud. “Take that back.”

 

You got in the car, smirking as you shut the door. She was still standing outside the car. You rolled the window down. “Just so you know this car is leaving in 45 seconds with or without you.” She immediately jumped in the car.

 

The radio was blasting Kpop as you drove onto the freeway. Both you and Jamie bobbed your heads and sang at the top of your lungs. The windows were rolled down and as you stopped at a red light you were both still singing your hearts out. A family with their windows rolled down also stopped to the right of you, they looked so confused, even if it was slightly embarrassing, you continued singing.

 

Your last stop was at Justin's apartment, your other kpop friend. He was a good looking guy, he danced a lot and did covers. You tried to do covers once but realized it wasn’t your thing, but you liked doing the videos for him. He threw his bag in the back seat and scooted his way to the middle.

 

“Sup Jamie, Y/N! You guys ready?” he leaned back in the seat clapping his hands together.

 

With that you were finally off. Getting on the freeway heading to L.A., a two-hour drive, that you all knew would be worth it.

 

~TOKYO, SEOUL, LONDON, NEW YORK~ Finally a girls generation song came on. The three of you started to sing along. ~MR TAXI TAXI TAXI~

 

 You got a little too into it, turning the stirring wheel a little too far sliding in to the next lane. A car honked and you immediately went back to your lane.

 

“Yo, don’t kill us. At least wait til we see the concert. I want to at least lock eyes with Jessica as many times as I can. I mean you know just enough until she remembers me forever.”

 

“You'd probably die of shock if that happened to you. One look and boom you’re on the floor, passed out. But it's okay we'd definitely tell you how the concert went.” Jamie laughs as she puts a handful of chex mix in .

 

“Don't you dare jinx me. If that happens I hope your phone runs out of memory when CNblue plays can't stop! If all else fails we still have G-Dragon, so we should be good. ”

 

“Wow, what is it with you two jinxing me and my phone.”

 

You knuckle bumped with Justin in the back. You told him, “I told her I hope her phone dies when she sees gdragon, because she said tiffany wouldn't notice me”.

 

“Nice” You put your attention back on the road and you all continue to sing to the various kpop songs that came on.

 

2 Hours Later

The city of Los Angeles was right before you. It was just past noon and your room wouldn’t be ready until 3 so you had time to kill. You decided that this was the perfect time to grab lunch somewhere. What better place to eat than at In & Out.

 

As you entered you got in line behind a group of Korean boys. You couldn’t tell if they were around the same age as you or not, they looked young but most Koreans you knew looked younger than there age anyway. They were goofing off waiting in line.

 

Because you paid for the hotel, Justin said this meal was on him. The line moved up and the group in front of you was ordering. The taller blonde one was ordering for the rest of the boys.

 

You got pushed back a bit as one of the boys bumped into you. He turned to you and bowed, “Sorry.”

 

 “It's okay” you said to him.

 

Jamie started to stare at him. She had this look in her eyes. “Why are you staring?”

 

“He looks really familiar.” she said.

 

“Can I get a name for your order?” The blonde one that ordered walked off before the cashier could ask, he must not have heard him. The boy behind him answered for him. “Uh, Jin.”

 

“Jin” Jamie repeated the name to herself. One of the boys must have over heard because he looked at her as she said it. He whispered to the boy with red hair. They moved out of the way to find a seat.

 

“We'll have 3 cheeseburger combos, with one order of animal style fries.” Justin ordered for all of us.

 

We took a table right across from the group. Jamie sat across from Justin and I, so she could look at them some more. You turned your head back to look at them also. Hmm they do look familiar. Could they be....a kpop group. They certainly have the looks for it. Why is it so hard to think of who they are?

 

“JIN” the worker called out. Four of the boys got up to get their order. Justin came back with your order as well. You let go of your thought and ate. You were still going to have about an hour until your room would be ready, so you were all trying to figure out what to do before then.

 

“Oh My Gosh!!!!” Jamie yelled.

 

Everyone turned to look at her, even the group of korean boys. She quickly covered and put her head down on the table. Both you and Justin were caught off guard. You nodded to the entire place letting everyone know she was okay.

 

“Jamie, are you okay?”

 

“I know who they are!” She whispered to us.

 

“bts......” she whispered.

 

“What?” you said.

 

“BTS, the rookie group, hello!” She started singing part of Boy in Luv.

 

“Oh! Yeah, there dance is sick man!”

 

That's right, they were new but so far had some great songs. How could you not remember? Must be to distracted by girls generation, you forgot about the other groups coming.

 

I'm so stupid. I forgot they were coming. Oh my gosh, seriously, I thought I did a good job remembering their names.” Jamie slighlty panicking due to her kpop knowldege failing her.

 

“The blonde one is, uh, Rap Monster, yeah that dude he's cool.” Justin put his hand in the air and nodded to Rap Mon. “Hey Rap Monster, what's up?” Rap Monster nodded back.

 

You and Jamie both got embarrassed. She shyly waved. “Hi~”

 

After the meal you were able to get a picture with the group. They were very cool, talkative, and very energetic. They made a memorable impression on you and you were excited to see them perform live.

 

AT THE HOTEL

You checked into the room and put your stuff to the side.

 

“We just met BTS. How cool was that?” Jamie was still freaking out. “And we got a picture, like wow. They are officially my new favorite group!”

 

“Yeah, they're cool. I can't wait to see what they do at the concert.” Justin said as he jumped on the bed and turned the TV on. He chucked his shoes off and claimed the bed on the left side of the room.

 

“I can't believe I couldn't remember them, there stuff is so good. I'm pretty sure there gonna be huge someday.  Hey, Jamie I thought Exo was your favorite.” You said as you sat on the other bed.

 

“Yeah~ But BTS just one upped them, twice. I met them, took a photo, and will see them live. So they win.”

 

“What happens if you see Exo?”

 

“Then......I don't know, don't ruin this for me. Ugh.... I need to know more about them.” She said lying beside you, pulling her phone out. “This is the best trip ever!

 

Well tomorrow was the first day of the concerts, and you were ready to be among your people. You and Jamie shared the bed, mostly because Justin was a terrible sleeper. Anyone that shared a bed with him would end up on the floor.

 

You set your alarm, you wanted to make sure you got there early so you weren't stuck in line all day.

 

Come tomorrow, dreams were going to come true!

 

 

 

 

 。。。。。

Well that's the first chapter. What did you think? Anyway more will come. I'm not sure how to go about uploading chapters but I will upload them one at a time. Maybe after a few days apart.

Thank you for reading.

-Taenyulsic9