☆Encounter☆

Star in the Mist

A typical day for you began as is: 
6AM: Breakfast 
7AM: Laundry 
8AM: Chores
9AM: Wake stepmom and stepsister up
10AM: Work (Department store)
5PM: Dinner
6PM: Work (Club)
12AM: Sleep 
Repeat.

And that pretty much summed up your life.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

"How much did you make this week?" Your stepmom asked, as she filed her nails, sitting on the couch.
You stopped cutting the vegetables and looked at her.
"Paychecks haven't been distributed yet, but I did make a little bit of tip last night," you said.

Your stepmom stopped filing her nails, then she got up from her seat and walked over to the kitchen. 
"Give me the money. Why didn't you give it to me last night? You're trying to keep it to yourself, right?" Your stepmom raised her voiced. 
"I was going to give it to you last night, but you were in bed already. I didn't----" 
She interrupted you. 
"What? Don't forget that I raised you when you were a kid. You should know the rules in this house by now!" 
She yelled. She held her hand up, motioning you to give her whatever you made. 
You reached inside your pocket, and just before you could even hand it to her, she had snatched the money out of your hand. 
"You ungrateful kid," she said aloud, counting the money, as she walked back to her couch. 

You took a deep breath, holding in your tears. You continued chopping the vegetables. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
"Dinner's ready!' you called out, as you wiped your hands on the clean rag. 
Your stepmom and your stepsister, Daehi walked into the dining room. You stood by the side, waiting for them to be seated. 
Just before your stepmom could take a sip of the soup, she looked over to you. 
"Why are you still standing there?" she asked. 
You looked at her, realizing that you were supposed to leave the kitchen after. Daehi smirked at you. 
"I'm sorry," you said, before stepping out of the house. 
You sat down on the porch, looking at the bright stars that shined in the sky. 
"Dad, I miss you," you said, leaning your head on the brick wall.
"Would they look for me if I ran away?" You asked yourself.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

"YAH! Why didn't you cook breakfast?!" 
The terrifying yells from your stepmom could be heard outside. You slightly opened the door, peeking your head inside the house, as you slipped on your heels. 
"I'm sorry! I'm running late for work. I'll drop some food when I'm on break," you said. Regardless, you knew that there would be consequences later. You had no time to think of that though. The only thing that ran through your mind was to get to work on time, as the shop was expecting a very important guest.

Just as you were about to step foot into the mall, your scarf fell on the floor as the slight breeze stole it away. 
"Aish, why, right now?" 
You quickly bent down and grabbed your scarf. You abruptly stood up and turned back to enter the mall, only to fall back on the floor.
Ouch!
You groaned in your head.
You looked up and saw a tall man in a navy suit with a gray wool overcoat. 
His offered you his hand, and without a doubt, you took his hand. 
He pulled you up from the ground and gave you a worried look, letting your hand go.
"I'm sorry. Are you okay?" He asked. 
You had no time to answer his question. You quickly bowed. 
"Thank you!" You quickly said and ran inside the mall.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

"Mom, are you sure this is the shop?" Woohyun asked, looking around. 
"Stop whining. Just wait a while." His mom replied. 
Woohyun looked at the scarves that hung on the rack. 

"Woohyun-ah, let's come back later. I forgot my appointment is at 1, not 11," his mom said., making him break away from the collection. 

"Did you want to eat brunch together?" Woohyun asked, looking at her as they walked out of the mall. 
"That's weird that you're asking me that." His mom raised one of her brows.
"What do you mean? I always invite you, and you always decline my offers." Woohyun chuckled. 
"Maybe, I'll get a daughter-in-law soon?" His mom smiled, teasing him. 
"Mom, let me get this straight, that's nev---" 

Woohyun bumped right into someone as they stepped out the mall.
Woohyun looked at the girl, worriedly. As his instinct kicked in, he lent his hand to the girl. 
Without a second, the girl grabbed onto his hand, and he pulled her up. 

"I'm sorry. Are you okay?" He asked. 
The girl quickly bowed. 
"Thank you!" she quickly said and ran inside the mall. 
Woohyun looked over his shoulder. He saw the girl run up the stairs to the second floor.
His mom was confused in a way too, but she turned to look at the girl who ran inside as well.

Given a minute, Woohyun turned back to look at his mom, and she did the same, looking back at Woohyun. 
Woohyun gave his mom a confused look. 
"Did you still want to go out for brunch?" Woohyun asked. 
"I guess so, because you keep bothering me about it." His mom chuckled, as she went ahead first.

Just as Woohyun was about to take another step, Woohyun looked down and saw a simple, yet shiny bracelet on the ground. He bent down and picked it up, looking at it. He thought for a while. 
It must be hers.
He looked over his shoulder, back inside the mall. 

Then, he looked at Mr. Kim. 
"Mr. Kim, you guys go ahead first. I forgot I needed to get something, " Woohyun lied. 
Mr. Kim bowed before following his mom. 

Woohyun entered the mall, searching for the girl.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You entered the bathroom and straightened out your clothing. You fixed your hair and pinned your name tag on your shirt. You practiced your smile in the mirror. 
"Today is going to be a good day," you told yourself. 

You took a deep breath then the water to wash your hand, only to notice that your bracelet was missing. 
"Didn't I put it on?" You asked yourself. You looked at both of your wrist, but there were signs of your bracelet. 
"I thought I had it on?"
You began panicking. The bracelet held a special meaning. It was a gift from your late-father. 
You searched in your bag, but there was nothing. 
You walked out of the bathroom and to your coworker.

“Minhye, I think I lost something while I was coming to work. I’ll be back in bit.” You told her.
She acknowledged you, by nodding her head. 

You quickly walked out of the store and searched for your bracelet, retracing your steps.
You stood in front of the main entrance, looking for your bracelet. 
Where did it go? Did someone take it?
You thought. A part of you wanted to cry. You took a deep breath, knowing that your bracelet was missing somewhere inside the big mall, or worse, someone took it. You pushed some of your hair back, in hopelessness. You upsetly turned around, only to see the same guy from earlier. You smiled and bowed down.
You dragged your feet pass him.

“Were you looking for this?” He asked.
You turned around to see your bracelet in the palm of his hand. Your eyes gleamed.

“Y-yes!” You felt relieved. 
Woohyun smiled at you, and then he handed you the bracelet. You carefully accepted it. 

"Thank you for returning it," you bowed. 
He bowed his head after yours. 
"It's no problem," he responded. 

You looked at your bracelet. You couldn't believe it was back in your possession. You realized you had to get back to work. You looked at him. 

"Well, I have to go now. Thank you, again," you smiled. 

He smiled back in response. 

 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

I hope you guys are enjoying the new edits! Pictures do not belong to me. Credits to the rightful owners. Happy Reading! Please send lots of love to Infinite. 



♡Much love♡

This story will be avaliable on Wattpad! You can search up the title of the story Star in the Mist or you can search up my username @alwaysterius.

As always, don't forget to subscribe, upvote, and comment below! 

-Inspirit_07