Chapter 9

Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tzuyu's P.O.V

 

Being a freshman in this school makes me new to the whole school but Momo helped me get to know the place better. But still, since I don't stay much at school during the long breaks nor my free time I don't get to roam around. 

 

I'm happy I could do it today, the weather's nice so the ambiance is really good. I can feel that fall is coming since the trees are starting to change its color and it's getting colder.

 

I arrived in the soccer field and was about to watch the soccer team play when I realized that they're already done. It wasn't much of a lose but I admit I wanted to see it. I decided to just sit down and maybe enjoy the view the field is giving.

 

"You weren't able to watch it?" A girl said as she sat beside me. I looked at her and see that it's Mina and she was smiling at me. I smiled back before I answered, "Yeah but it's fine."

 

"Our team isn't that good at soccer but we ace at other sports such as basketball, volleyball and baseball," Mina replied and I watched her talk using that small voice of her which really sounds lovely by the way.

 

"Do you play any of it?" I asked to her since as she was saying all of the sports we're acing she looked really happy. "Sadly no, I don't do sport but I do dance, ballet is my forte," she replied and looked at me like how I looked at her.

 

"Then I hope you could show me your dance one day," I said to her and we stared at each other's eyes but she look away first and I did the same. "How about you? Do you play any sport?" she asked after that somehow awkward moment.

 

"I learned Basketball from my dad and my aunt while I learned soccer from my mom but back in middle school I was a softball player," I answered her honestly and proudly with a grin.

 

"Wow, you seem really sporty but it doesn't show much. Are you part of the softball team here then?" Mina said and she really looked surprised about what I just said.

 

"I don't want to join," I answered her question and kind of ignored her comment earlier.  "Why not? I bet you're good at it since you can also do other sports," she asked back.

 

"When I graduate from college my dad will make me take over the company since my brother already ran away from it and my mom will still make me take part of her business. I can't afford myself to be attached with anyone or anything except my bestfriends and school works,"  I explained to her which made her silent.

 

"You know, I've been doing all the talking here why don't you tell me more about yourself?" I nudged to her when she was still silent after a few minutes.

 

"I was born in Texas but moved to Japan when I was about 2 and stayed there until middle school we moved here because my parents wanted to stay close with some business friends, that's the boring story of how I got here in Korea," she sighed after she finished telling a short background story of herself. I wanted to keep the conversation going so I decided to do the talking again.

"Well I got an exciting one, I was born in Tainan, Taiwan but I had to go to China just a few months after I was born because my parents got divorced and my dad took me while my mom took my older brother to the US. When I was 5, mom took full custody of I, and my brother was big enough for the court to let him decide where he would go, he chose dad because he didn't want him to be lonely so basically we exchanged places but then dad went to Canada with Tae. And then, I went to Japan when I was 8 to stay at my Aunt's for two years since my mom got sick and dad doesn't know about it well until I turned 10 and got into some major accident and he was so angry that mom couldn't take care of me that time so he brought me to Canada to stay with him and Tae as I recover. And finally, when I turned 13 they got more civil with each other and finally decided that they'll let me stay wherever I want and I wanted to stay at my Aunt which is here in Korea but goes to Taiwan and US from time to time," I told her about the story of my messy childhood and I'm hoping she won't freak out. 

 

"You have a childhood that has many ups and downs but you still managed to smile after telling it to me, you're really strong," she said as she smiled at me and I was really happy she didn't got weir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter