The End ~

The WiFi Thief

Wonwoo wanted to kiss Mingyu again and continue what they had been doing earlier. They had the talk and their relationship was established, so Wonwoo assumed that they could just carry on from where they left off.

“Aren’t you going to take me out first?” Mingyu asked with a grin when Wonwoo tried to initiate something.

“We can go out later,” Wonwoo whined. (He really wanted to keep going with Mingyu, as he was still so hot and bothered from their earlier make-out session.)

“Wow, you’re impatient,” Mingyu laughed. “Sorry, you have to take me out first. I need to get to know you!”

“You already know me,” Wonwoo pouted. “We’ve been living together for over a month!”

“Sorry, dude. Take me out, and then I’ll think about going further with you,” he teased. Wonwoo groaned, getting off from Mingyu in defeat. He guessed that his impatient body would just have to wait.

“Let’s go to the café then,” Wonwoo suggested, hoping to have a quick date and then get back up and have fun.

“Seriously? Our first date? In the café? You’re not very romantic are you,” Mingyu narrowed his eyes in disapproval.

“It’s very romantic, actually,” Wonwoo claimed. “It’s where we first met, remember?”

Mingyu scoffed; he wasn’t buying Wonwoo’s romantic pretense. He crossed his arms. “Even if I were to agree, I’m banned from the cafe,” Mingyu reminded him. “I’m the wifi thief, remember?”

“Jeonghan wouldn’t kick you out,” Wonwoo said. He took Mingyu’s hand and pulled him up. “Let’s go have the stupid date already!”

And so Mingyu and Wonwoo had their first date in the café. Jeonghan didn’t say anything as the two of them entered the café together, but he glanced at Wonwoo with a knowing grin and left them to themselves.

The date went well. It was a lot more fun than Wonwoo had anticipated given that he only wanted to get it over with at first, but when the date actually started, he didn’t feel that impatience anymore. There was a lot to talk about even though they had known each other for so long­– Wonwoo got to know more about Mingyu’s family, his aspirations, his past. There was a lot Wonwoo didn’t know about Mingyu, he realized.

The conversation just flowed between them with effortless ease. It was so simple and easy and fun, that the two of them didn’t even realize how long they had been sitting there. Hours and hours passed.

It was only when Jeonghan had to kick them out during closing time that the two went back to their room.

“That was a successful first date, don’t you think?” Wonwoo asked Mingyu, eager to perhaps, maybe, possibly go back to kissing and stuff.

“It was alright,” Mingyu said with a small smile.

“So…” Wonwoo hesitated as he tried to think of the right way to put it. How was he supposed to ask Mingyu for permission to kiss him again?

Mingyu laughed at Wonwoo’s reluctance and pushed him against the wall, bringing their lips together again and kissing him. But the kiss didn’t last very long, for before Wonwoo could even melt into it, Mingyu pulled away slightly.

“Why did you stop?” Wonwoo asked sadly.

“I’m sleepy, and I have an exam tomorrow,” Mingyu said with a slight grin on his face. “Let’s continue this later…”

“But…” Wonwoo started to complain, but he held back; he didn’t want to seem desperate (even though he was… kind of).

Wonwoo could tell, however, from that smirk on his face, that Mingyu was not actually sleepy (he just had a latte in their date for crying out loud). He was just teasing Wonwoo, playing hard-to-get so that Wonwoo would want him more and more. And it was working. Wonwoo longed for Mingyu now, and he hoped that Mingyu would stop playing this stupid game.

-

The next morning, Wonwoo woke up to Mingyu on the floor behind him, his arms around Wonwoo’s waist and his nose in Wonwoo’s hair. Wonwoo guessed that Mingyu probably got too hot sleeping on the bed.

Wonwoo shifted and turned around to face Mingyu.

“You awake?” Mingyu asked groggily, and Wonwoo hummed in response. “Sorry I took your floor space. It’s just that stupid heater that doesn’t work and it...”

“If you don’t stop talking about the stupid heater, I’m going to give you a reason to feel hot,” Wonwoo replied climbing on top of Mingyu and straddling him.

Mingyu laughed, “you say that as if it’s a punishment–” Wonwoo cut him off by bringing their lips together.

Perhaps, maybe, possibly… Mingyu would not cut this make-out session short like he did the previous ones? Wonwoo knew that Mingyu’s exam wasn’t until 1PM, and Wonwoo was more than willing to skip his 10AM class if he needed to.

Wonwoo was starting to think that he would skip his class, especially when Mingyu’s soft hands slid under his shirt, and when Mingyu lifted his knees between Wonwoo’s legs. But Mingyu suddenly broke the contact between their lips and said: “I have a study session at 9:30. I have to get ready,” he said with a maddening smirk on his face.

“Oh for the love of God,” Wonwoo groaned. “Why are you doing this to me?” Mingyu was driving him crazy, and they hadn’t even been together for 12 hours yet.

Mingyu just laughed, kissing the edge of Wonwoo’s lips softly before pulling away from him and standing up to get ready.

“You’re so mean,” Wonwoo groaned, sitting up and bringing his knees to his chest.

“If I were mean, I would have teased you a lot more than this,” Mingyu said with a wink before taking off his shirt to get dressed.

Wonwoo wasn’t entirely sure if that was part of Mingyu’s teasing, but it sure felt like it.

-

Wonwoo went to his 10AM class, receiving a mass of texts from Mingyu in the middle of it:

“I’m groaning. It’s sooooo hard ugh

Is it hard for you too? I hope so. I don’t want to be the only one

Seriously can you wrap your hand around it????

I need your help! COME HERE QUICK. Maybe we can help each other with it. I’m pretty sure it’s hard for you too

If you’re gonna take long maybe I should just try to finish by myself :( ”

Wonwoo was so flustered as he read those messages. Wasn’t it too early in their relationship for Mingyu to be ting him in the middle of class. Wonwoo gulped as he tried to come up with a response. He was too shy to respond, but he also didn’t want to keep Mingyu waiting.

“I’m in class rn,” Wonwoo texted him back.

“Oh . SORRY WONWOO, those were meant for someone else omg,” Mingyu texted him back.

“What? You meant to t someone else?????”

“LMAO NO THOSE WEREN’T TS LOL. YOU HAVE A DIRTY MIND JEON WONWOO I LOVE IT”

“Um.. you literally asked whoever it was to wrap his hand around something hard????”

“Oops. Stupid autocorrect. Supposed to have said ‘head’ not ‘hand.’ I was talking about a really hard practice problem. I have an exam today, remember????”

“I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THAT THIS WAS A MISTAKE. I KNOW YOU’RE JUST TRYING TO TEASE ME + GIVE ME A TASTE OF MY OWN MEDICINE AFTER ALL THE MISTAKES I MADE WITH YOU IN THE PAST”

“What? Me? NO! [angel emoji]”

“I will have my revenge, kim mingyu. Just you wait.”

“lol nothing you do will ever faze me”

“is that a challenge????”

“I guess it is.”

“Challenge accepted.”

“I look forward to it ;)”

Wonwoo was still uncomfortably aroused by Mingyu’s pseudo-ts. What was that he was in the middle of class. He hated Mingyu so much; it hasn’t even been 24 hours and he was already getting teased like this. Mingyu had him in the palm of his hand, driving him crazy with every little thing that he did, and Wonwoo hated it.

Wonwoo made it a goal of his to show Mingyu that he will have the last laugh.

-

Wonwoo went back to the dorm a little late that night. He finished his work and came to find Mingyu lying in his bed, the heater on and making him sweat, as usual.

“Look who’s back!” Mingyu said with a smirk.

“How was the exam?” Wonwoo digressed quickly.

“It was fine,” Mingyu answered. “But I couldn’t stop thinking about you…”

Wonwoo tried not blush. “Mingyu,” he said in a serious voice. “We have to talk…”

Mingyu dropped his smirk and looked concerned all of the sudden, “is everything okay?”

“Oh God… I don’t know how to say this,” Wonwoo said, rubbing his head with a forlorn look in his face. “I just…”

“What? Out with it!” Mingyu encouraged, seeming concerned.

“Look, I’m not interested in… in boys. I thought I was for a bit, but after thinking about it again… I just… I really. I can’t imagine being with a guy anymore. It was a mistake to lead you on, and I know I always do this to you… and I’m sorry…”

“What the actual , Wonwoo?” Mingyu replied, clearly angry. “You’re joking, right?”

“No… look. I like you a lot, but just… not in that way. I want us to be close friends but not lovers.”

Mingyu looked so hurt, and something told Wonwoo he was could burst into tears then (or lunge at him and punch him in the face, one or the other). Wonwoo felt bad. He couldn’t keep up the act for much longer; this was enough revenge- he had passed Mingyu’s challenge.

“I’m kidding,” Wonwoo said quickly, laughing.

Mingyu only glared at Wonwoo, “are you really?”

“Yes! Did you believe me? I so got you!”

“ you,” Mingyu said softly under his breath, but he seemed slightly relieved. “And that wasn’t funny at all.”

“I’m sorry,” Wonwoo apologized, still laughing.

“I don’t want to talk to you right now,” Mingyu hissed, getting up and entering the bathroom, slamming the door behind him.

It was only then that Wonwoo considered that maybe he had gone a little too far with his joke…

-

Wonwoo got the silent treatment that night. No matter how much Wonwoo tried to talk to him, Mingyu wouldn’t answer him. He would sit on his laptop, play games, watch YouTube videos or scroll through Facebook. Wonwoo would keep apologizing over and over again, but eventually he gave up when he realized that Mingyu was not planning to talk to him.

The next morning, the same thing happened. Mingyu ignored all of Wonwoo’s advances and apologies.

“Come on, for how long are you planning to ignore me?” Wonwoo whined. “I wanted to take you out for breakfast or something today, but I can’t if you don’t even look at me.”

Mingyu continued clicking away on his computer playing a shooting game while sitting in his bed. Wonwoo climbed into the bed beside him. Mingyu didn’t flinch or move as Wonwoo nuzzled at his side.

“Mingyu, I was wrong. I admit it, now please look at me.”

Mingyu continued smashing buttons on his keyboard.

Wonwoo then kissed Mingyu’s cheek, hoping maybe to get a reaction from him. Wonwoo noted that Mingyu almost blushed, but not quite. Wonwoo kissed him once more, hoping to bring that blush out again, but unfortunately, Mingyu had built immunity and showed no reaction.

Wonwoo sighed, trying to think of ways to get Mingyu to react to him somehow. He tried poking Mingyu, and got no reaction. He tried tickling his feet, but was met with a kick to the face. He tried messing his game up by clicking random buttons on the keyboard, but Mingyu would just restart the game whenever he lost.

He later wrote an apology letter and put it on Mingyu’s keyboard as he was playing, but Mingyu just flung it to the side and continued his game. He tried dancing crazily to get Mingyu’s attention, but Mingyu didn’t even look up. He even tried to sing, but Mingyu acted like he was invisible, too consumed by his stupid laptop.

At one point, Wonwoo went full-on shameless, doing something he never really thought he would ever do in front of anyone, let alone a boy he only started dating a day ago. He began to strip, making it extra clear that he was doing it. Of all things that Wonwoo had done, this seemed to be the thing that fazed Mingyu the most. Wonwoo could tell that Mingyu couldn’t even play his game anymore, and was trying so hard not to look Wonwoo’s way. That gave Wonwoo the encouragement to keep going, but then he was bitterly rejected when Mingyu stood up with his laptop in hand, walked into the bathroom and locked himself inside.

It was hopeless. Not even stripping seemed to make Mingyu look at him. He dressed himself again in defeat, feeling ridiculous for being cast aside after exposing himself like this.

It was only then that Wonwoo came up with an idea. It was fool-proof; it would force Mingyu to look at him, talk to him, and maybe even forgive him!

And so, without further ado, he went down to the café to change the wifi password.

-

Seokmin and Soonyoung were working the morning shift. All it took was for Wonwoo to promise to treat them to pizza after their shift for them to be bribed into letting Wonwoo into the backroom to change the wifi password.

Wonwoo recalled how Seungcheol had taught him to navigate all the pages to finally get to his desired page, the “Change Password” page. He put in the old “pasword321,” and took a moment think of a new one to replace it. He put in “imsorry,” but it felt too simple and so predictable. He added a “nowplzletmekissyou,” to it. Maybe Mingyu would find it cute? He also added a “69” to the end of it for good measure. Mingyu would surely forgive him now!

And so the password became: “imsorrynowplzletmekissyou69.” (Wonwoo felt a little sorry for Seokmin, Soonyoung, Jeonghan and Jisoo for when customers would ask for the wifi password. But he figured his reconciliation with Mingyu was worth their embarrassment.)

Wonwoo wrote down the new password and handed it to Soonyoung, slipping out of the café before the poor employee could read it.

-

Wonwoo went back to the room to find Mingyu with a frown on his face trying to guess the new password.

“I changed it,” Wonwoo told Mingyu. “I’ll tell it to you if you look at me.”

Mingyu gritted his teeth, but conceded and looked at Wonwoo. His plan had worked!

“Talk to me, and I’ll tell it to you,” Wonwoo said.

“I’m talking,” Mingyu muttered.

“I’m sorry. Please forgive me.”

“I’ll see about that later. But now, I want to keep giving you the cold shoulder. Now give me the stupid password.”

“It’s ‘I’m sorry.’ All lower case. No spaces or apostrophes.”

Mingyu put the password in, but it didn’t work. “It’s wrong.”

“Oh right. There’s also a ‘now please kiss me’ added to the end of that. Please spelled P – L – Z, all lower case, no spaces.”

Wonwoo could see a little bit of a smile starting to form on Mingyu’s lips, but Mingyu bit it back. “Still didn’t work,” Mingyu said when the 'Your password is incorrect' window showed up.

“I forgot! I added a few numbers to the end. To keep the password secure and all, you know? Just add ‘69’ to the end of it, and it should work.”

It was only then when Mingyu burst out laughing, and Wonwoo smiled in triumph. Yes, he got through to him! Finally.

Mingyu put in the password again when his laughter died down a bit, and shook his head in amusement when he saw that it actually worked.

“You’re crazy! You’re going to get those poor café employees fired with this password,” Mingyu said.

“As long as I’m not fired from my position as your boyfriend, I don’t care,” Wonwoo replied in a mumble. “Look, I’m really sorry, Mingyu. My joke was insensitive and stupid and I probably hurt you with it and I’m sorry. Please forgive me and let me make it up to you.”

“How are you going to make it up to me?” Mingyu asked with a smirk.

“I’ll kiss you and promise to never do it again?” Wonwoo offered uncertainly.

Mingyu narrowed his eyes thoughtfully, as though he were considering Wonwoo’s offer. “Okay, that, and I also want you to continue that show you started for me a few minutes ago…”

Wonwoo groaned. Would Mingyu really put him through the humiliation of a again? He looked towards Mingyu with pleading eyes, please-don’t-make-me-do-it eyes, but Mingyu seemed unwavering- much to Wonwoo’s dismay.

“Fine,” Wonwoo grumbled.

-

It didn’t take long for Jeonghan to change the password. As soon as he saw that train wreck, he changed it immediately and called Wonwoo to scold him for making poor Seokmin and Soonyoung humiliate themselves during the morning shift (those two idiots didn’t know how to change the password themselves, and so they had to wait for Jeonghan to come and save them. And Wonwoo was… well… too busy… to save them).

After Jeonghan was done yelling at him through the phone, Wonwoo said: “okay, I’m sorry. It won’t happen again. Now what’s the new password? I need it.”

It’s ‘Stan NU’EST.’”

“Wait… what?” Wonwoo asked.

It’s nothing. Just something the author wants all of her readers to do,” Jeonghan said. “She didn’t know how to end this story, so she decided to be obnoxious instead and preach about NU’EST again. So annoying to be honest. How do her readers put up with her?

“You’re not making any sense,” Wonwoo narrowed his eyes.

She also wanted me to tell you to check out the documentary she made about NU’EST which will help you all stan.”

“Jeonghan? Are you okay?” Wonwoo was starting to think that Jeonghan was on something.

“She promises she’ll stop now. Resuming the story– so how are you and Mingyu doing?”

“Fine, I guess,” Wonwoo replied.

Did you have fun with him today?" Jeonghan casually asked.

“Yeah, we went to lunch together and…”

How did his hands feel?” Jeonghan interrupted, and Wonwoo tried not to sound flustered.

“We just started dating; we haven’t…”

Save it, Wonwon. According to your boyfriend’s Internet history, he googled ‘how to please a boyfriend with a hand .’I know it went down between you two.

“Stop spying on people's internet history!” Wonwoo muttered under his breath.

You stop stealing the wifi and get your own! Customers have been complaining about slow Internet, so I’m going to have to disconnect you two from the wifi from now on and ban you from the café.”

“But…”

No buts! No more wifi for you two. We have to follow café rules.”

“Jisoo has influenced you, I see. Jeonghan is following the rules and scolding me for breaking them? In what alternate universe have we landed?” Wonwoo scoffed, amused at this situation.

Not to mention you’re the one having all the gay ...”

“I am not havin…” Wonwoo trailed off before he could finish his sentence. He figured he shouldn’t make that claim in case Mingyu had googled something that would expose him as a liar.

I thought so,” Jeonghan laughed.

 

 


A/N: OK I will just end it here! I’m sorry if this ending is anti-climactic and abrupt lol

So this was fun to write in the beginning, but then it somehow becamea bit draining for me and so I felt the need to end it even though it could have gone for longer (I had other things that I wanted to happen but oh well lol). I also strayed from the wifi thief premise and it got all messy when they started to live together idK. Whatever, I hope you all enjoyed it despite all my setbacks~

Thank so much for all of your support with it and your nice comments and everything! If you got this far, please leave a final comment about what you thought in general- I would greatly appreciate it ~

I might post another chapter of “deleted scenes” later today, in case you’re interested in reading those haha^^

(btw I was also veryyy serious about that ‘stan nu’est’ part lmao)

BYE