fGD

The WiFi Thief

The next day, Wonwoo went to check to see who was using their wifi. He expected the satisfaction of not seeing Mingyu’s name on the list, the satisfaction of knowing he succeeded in his mission to catch the wifi thief.

However, Wonwoo was not so lucky.

Mingyu and his damned iPhone, iPad and Macbook were staring him in the face on top of that list. He groaned and changed the password again. He was tempted to make it “backoffmingyu,” but it would be awkward to say that password to customers who ask for it. Instead Wonwoo went for “fGDfGDfGD123.” Wonwoo hoped that if Mingyu got hold of that password, he’ll understand that it meant “ GD, GD, GD 123.”

Wonwoo knew how Mingyu got hold of it: both Jeonghan and Wonwoo knew him and what he looked like, but the boys who worked the morning shift didn’t. Mingyu probably went in the morning and got it from them.

He called Soonyoung, one of the boys who worked the morning shift. “Hey was there a really tall and handsome guy that came to the café this morning when you and Seokmin were working?”

“I don’t know, maybe. Why? Is he the one that’s been stealing wifi?” Soonyoung asked.

“Yes. If anyone tall and handsome comes in, ask for his ID before you give him the password.”

“You know, handsomeness is subjective,” Soonyoung replied. “And I can’t just ask for the ID of every tall guy that comes in. Also, I didn’t realize you were gay.”

“I’m not.”

“You sound gay.”

“Why? Just because I said he was handsome?”

“Yeah. I mean straight guys don’t just say guys are handsome out of the blue. Are you sure you’re not gay?”

“Of course not,” Wonwoo insisted, almost too defensively than he would have liked.

“Sure you’re not. Anyways, I’ll look out for a tall handsome guy. But if you can find a picture of him or something, that would be helpful.”

Wonwoo, determined for Mingyu to never get ahold of the password, began searching on Facebook for him so that he could give Soonyoung a photo. Mingyu was not a common name anyhow, and the college campus was relatively small so everyone knew everyone; they were bound to have a couple of mutual friends.

It took no more than two minutes for Wonwoo to spot Mingyu’s display picture. They even had two mutual friends: Jihoon and Seungkwan.

Wonwoo open Mingyu’s picture and began scrolling through the pictures to find a good one to give to Soonyoung and Seokmin so that they could recognize him when he comes to the café and refuse to give him the password. He found one fairly good one which showed Mingyu’s height and his face clearly.

Wonwoo only wanted to save the picture so he could send it, but instead, he accidentally double-tapped it...

“!” Wonwoo almost yelled out loud as he quickly unliked it, muttering a hundred more expletives under his breath. He hoped dearly that Mingyu did not have phone data, and that he had notifications for Facebook turned off, and that he didn’t notice the like that Wonwoo had accidentally given him…

But of course, his wish was not fulfilled.

“I saw that :P ,” Mingyu texted him.

Wonwoo groaned internally, too embarrassed to reply to Mingyu. Just when Wonwoo thought he set things clear with Mingyu, he now seemed like a crazy stalker liking his photo on Facebook.

“Accept my friend request,” Mingyu said. Wonwoo saw the notification of Mingyu’s friend request.

Wonwoo declined it.

You’re a funny guy, Wonwoo.”

Wonwoo frowned. He figured it was best to come clean about the reasons as to why he was on Mingyu’s profile to begin with.

Don’t misunderstand. I was looking for a picture of you to give the boys who work the morning shift so that they can stop giving you the wifi password,” Wonwoo texted. “I accidentally liked your photo. Sorry.”

Why did it always happen with Mingyu? Why? Why did God hate Wonwoo so much? It was as if the Big Guy wanted to make Wonwoo make as many mistakes as possible in front of this particular person, like it was a comedy show for Him or something.

Must be fate that you always make mistakes when it comes to me,” Mingyu replied, but Wonwoo could just sense the sarcasm.

-

The following morning, Wonwoo got yet another text from Mingyu.

Good to know that you think I’m handsome!” 

What?”

“That Soonyoung (?) guy told me you thought I was handsome kkkkk.”

Wonwoo clenched his fists and began to think of the most painful way to kill Soonyoung.

I think you’re handsome too,” Mingyu told him.

Wonwoo had nothing to say to defend himself from this one. Yes, he thought Mingyu was handsome, but come on, anybody would think that. The guy literally looked like a model; it’s not like it was out of the ordinary to find him attractive…

Just because I think you’re handsome does not mean I want to date you,” Wonwoo texted him back.

haha but I never thought you wanted to date me?” Mingyu replied.

Another slip-up on Wonwoo’s part. At this point Wonwoo was not even surprised anymore. “Well, I don’t.”

“Oh, and fGD? Really? Is that meant to represent ‘ G-Dragon’?”

WHO GAVE YOU THE PASSWORD?”

I’m taking ‘ GD’ as a compliment. I don’t mind bottoming ;) ”

Wonwoo’s mouth hung open when he read that. Did Mingyu really just write that? Wonwoo cringed and blushed at the same time, covering his face. This Mingyu guy was absolutely shameless; how in the world did Wonwoo end up tangled in this mess with someone like him?

Wonwoo closed the chat, not even wanting to read that message again.

He opened the chat with Soonyoung and began reprimanding him for a) telling Mingyu that Wonwoo thought he was handsome and b) giving him the damned password.

It wasn’t me who gave the password. It was Seok. And I just said ‘oh you’re the handsome guy Wonwoo was talking about.’ Slipped out of my mouth. Sorrrryyyyyyyy.”

Wonwoo didn’t think anybody could be more useless than Jeonghan, but dumb and dumber Seokmin and Soonyoung seemed to be competing for the title.

Frustrated with the way things were going, Wonwoo just turned off his phone and buried his head in his pillow and groaned. He really, really hated his job.

-

As soon as Wonwoo went to start his afternoon shift, he made sure frown at Seokmin and Soonyoung.

Wonwoo immediately changed the password again. This time, he made the password “pasword321” (not ‘password321,’ just in case Mingyu decided to read the word ‘’ into it). Wonwoo just knew that Mingyu would somehow get ahold of the password because of those two negligent fools working the morning shift.

A few minutes later, Mingyu entered the cafe. Whenever Wonwoo saw Mingyu, he felt this uncomfortable pit in his stomach, probably because he associated Mingyu with humiliation.

“I’m not giving you the password,” Wonwoo told him with a frown as soon as Mingyu came to the front counter.

“I don’t want the password. When you changed it, I knew you’d be here so I came just to see you.”

“Well, I’m working now, so please leave.”

“Well, what if I want to order?”

“Then order. What do you want?” Wonwoo did not even bother smiling and doing that ‘Welcome to Shining Diamond Café’ bull. This person didn’t deserve the courtesy.

“I want Wonwoo,” Mingyu said with a smile on his face. “What’s the price I have to pay to get him?”

“Sorry sir, that’s not on the menu today,” Wonwoo replied. “Anything else?”

“Well, when will it be on the menu?”

“I’m not allowed to have these kinds of conversations with customers. If you want to order, then order. If not, please get out.”

“Fine. Can I have a latte?”

As Wonwoo was making the latte, he was bothered by Mingyu’s gaze. He could just feel Mingyu staring at him (in admiration?) and it was distracting him to the point he couldn’t make the damned coffee.

Wonwoo groaned and wished Jeonghan were there and not late like he always was.

“I can’t make anything with you staring at me like that,” Wonwoo said to Mingyu whose eyes were still glued to him. “Take a seat and wait for me to call your name.”

“But I’m enjoying the view,” Mingyu said with a smile.

“I’m not making it until you stop staring,” Wonwoo insisted, frowning.

It was only then that Wonwoo noticed someone else standing at the side watching him.

, Wonwoo thought when he saw his boss.

“Jeon Wonwoo! That is no way to speak to a customer!” his boss yelled furiously.

I am so fired, Wonwoo thought as he prepared for the castigation that he would inevitably face from his boss right now.

And so it began. His boss started to yell at Wonwoo, right in front all the customers, right in front of Mingyu. Wonwoo was a sensitive guy in general. He does not take public humiliation well at all. He wished God would just give him a heart attack then and there; he would have much rather died than been subjected to this.

Wonwoo looked at the floor and blocked out his boss’s word. He didn’t want them to affect him, and so he didn’t listen. He just waited for it to end so he could storm out and think about how much he hated everything.

“Sir…” Mingyu’s voice interrupted his boss’s. “This is my fault, not his. Please stop yelling at him.”

“Of course it’s not your fault. You’re the customer, and he’s supposed to serve you with a smile on his face. He was rude and he deserves to be fired,” his said, still yelling at Wonwoo.

“But I was being bothersome…” Mingyu continued defending Wonwoo.

“You’re fired,” his boss said to Wonwoo, ignoring Mingyu.

Those were the very words Wonwoo was so afraid to hear.

Wonwoo immediately took off his apron and threw it on the floor. He was tempted to throw it in his boss’s face, but figured his boss was already angry enough as it was.

“Where’s Jeonghan?” the boss asked as Wonwoo was gathering his bag.

Wonwoo spotted Jeonghan sneaking in. If his boss learned that Jeonghan was late, Jeonghan would certainly lose his job too. “In the bathroom,” Wonwoo answered his now ex-boss to save Jeonghan’s . Jeonghan mouthed a ‘thank you’ towards Wonwoo before slipping into the café’s bathroom.

Wonwoo grabbed his bag and hurried out of that café, where everyone was looking at him and feeling sorry for him, where he was humiliated and yelled at by the man he hated so much.

Mingyu followed him out.

“Wonwoo, I’m so sorry,” Mingyu apologized. Wonwoo just ignored him and kept walking. He didn’t want to deal with that guy right now. He didn’t want to deal with anyone.

 


A/N: aw poor wonwoo