Admit It

The WiFi Thief

Things were becoming very, very strange for Wonwoo all of the sudden. He couldn’t even concentrate in his classes because the memory of Mingyu’s breath on his neck would resurface in his head and he would feel this tingly sensation overcome his body.

Wonwoo could not help but wonder what would have happened if Mingyu had gone further than that while they were lying together in the bed; Wonwoo had been completely passive, and a small part of him said that he would have remained passive no matter what Mingyu did.

There was another question that Wonwoo asked himself about that experience: Mingyu said it was a mistake, that those touches were meant for Minghao and not for Wonwoo. That made Wonwoo feel so… hollow. As if he wished it were meant for him, wished that it weren’t a mistake.

But why did he feel that way?

It was just hormones, Wonwoo reasoned. Only hormones.

-

He avoided the room at all costs, spending most of the time in the library looking for new housing or trying his luck for another job on campus. He just could not imagine spending time around Mingyu anymore, not when he was starting to feel this way.

Mingyu must have realized that Wonwoo was avoiding coming back to the dorm room, because he sent Wonwoo a message. Hey Wonwoo. Look, I’m sorry about this morning. I’ll explain what happened so you don’t think I’m a creepy ert or anything.

So, basically, I was asleep in Minghao’s room and I woke up needing to pee. Minghao’s having plumbing problems so I decided to go up and use the bathroom in my room instead. When I came out, I was half asleep and I thought I was still in minghao’s room and so I thought you were him. Plus you’re both skinny so I didn’t notice it when I was beside you until much later. I’m sorry if I made you uncomfortable…”

Wonwoo didn’t reply, but a few minutes later, he got another text from Mingyu saying: if it makes things any better, I am over you. I really like minghao, and I want things to work with him. So honestly, if you’re avoiding me because of this, you have no reason to.

I even told him what happened, expecting he’d be angry with me. But no, he laughed at me and called me a ing idiot lol

That made me realize how much I like him, and I want you to know that because I don’t want you to think I’m still pursuing you or anything. I’m not into you like that anymore.

Anyways, if I made things awkward between us again, I’m sorry. But im willing to pretend it never happened if you are. Anyways, I’ll be out with minghao from 8:00 PM until late. Probably wont come home at all. Feel free to take the bed again.

Wonwoo read all the text messages feeling hollow. If it makes things any better, I am over you. No, it didn’t make things better, Wonwoo thought begrudgingly. Wonwoo felt like a light went dim in his heart when he read that part.

I don’t want you to think I’m still pursuing you or anything. I’m not into you like that anymore. Why was this bothering him so much? Just days ago he was practically begging Mingyu to stop pursuing him, and now that it was actually happening, it felt like Wonwoo lost something precious that he could no longer retrieve.

Mingyu had completely misidentified the reason Wonwoo wanted to avoid him. It wasn’t because he thought Mingyu was a creepy ert. On the contrary, Wonwoo felt like the creepy ert in this situation, especially considering how Mingyu’s stupid hands made him feel.

Wonwoo wasn’t avoiding Mingyu because he was afraid of Mingyu, he was avoiding him because he was afraid of himself.

-

Wonwoo went back to the dorm at 8:30, half an hour after Mingyu said he would be out. Just in case Mingyu would be late in going out, Wonwoo thought.

When Wonwoo crashed in Mingyu’s bed, he got shivers remembering what had happened earlier that morning, and not the good kind of shivers.

Just as he was about to drift off to sleep, he heard a knock on the door. He groaned at the possibility that it could be Mingyu. He was relieved to see that it was Jeonghan, but that relief only lasted about three seconds when he recalled that Jeonghan knew about his Internet history.

“I’m wearing gloves,” Jeonghan remarked, waving his gloved hand in front of Wonwoo’s sleepy face. “I don’t want you fantasizing about my hands. These hands are exclusively Seungcheol’s from now on.”

Wonwoo cringed at the implication that he cared in the least bit about Jeonghan’s hands (which were not even soft for crying out loud). Wonwoo wanted to retort with: “don’t be so full of yourself; your hands aren’t to me,” But he held back when he realized that it would only give Jeonghan more reason to think that Wonwoo had a hand (which he didn’t).

Instead, Wonwoo made a comment about Seungcheol, “you and that tech guy are hitting it off then?”

Jeonghan nodded enthusiastically.

“Great, you can use him to get free tech support at Shining Diamond Café. Boss would love that,” Wonwoo said.

“Enough about Cheol, let’s talk ab…”

“Yuck. Nicknames already? Didn’t you start dating like yesterday?” Wonwoo interjected, not wanting to talk about what he knew Jeonghan wanted to talk about.

“Hey at least I didn’t at the thought of his hands yet,” Jeonghan scoffed.

“I did not do that,” Wonwoo lied.

Jeonghan eyed him suspiciously; he could see right through him, but Wonwoo didn’t care. He would continue to deny it to his grave.

“Do you like him?” Jeonghan asked Wonwoo with a grin.

“No, I don’t,” Wonwoo replied. “It was just a hormonal moment of weakness…”

“That’s the tiest excuse I’ve ever heard,” Jeonghan laughed. “If your hormones are making you aroused at the thought of Mingyu’s hands, then that means you’re attracted to him.”

“But it was just his hands, not him,” Wonwoo began to explain, but then he saw one side of Jeonghan’s lips lift into a smirk, and it was only then that Wonwoo realized that Jeonghan had totally tricked him into admitting that Mingyu’s hands had aroused him. “I hate you,” Wonwoo muttered towards Jeonghan. He was so embarrassed. “But seriously,” he began, trying to salvage himself, “it wasn’t him. It was only his hands. If a girl had the same hands as Mingyu, then I would have felt the same for her.” Yes, Wonwoo would much rather admit to having a hand than to admit he was attracted to Mingyu…

“Bull. Hands aren’t just hands you know. They’re attached to someone’s body, and it just so happens that the hands you were thinking about are attached to a body with a . So basically, Wonwon, you’re attracted to him. Admit it.”

Wonwoo hated to admit it, but Jeonghan was right. It wasn’t just about Mingyu’s hands, it was also about Mingyu. He remembered the shoulder kisses of that morning, the way they made him feel. Those kisses had nothing to do with hands.

Wonwoo had never really thought about what that definitively meant for him, but here Jeonghan was, spelling it out for him. It didn’t mean he was “gay.” It didn’t even mean he liked Mingyu or wanted to date him. It took a while for him to admit it to himself, but it was true: he was physically attracted to Mingyu.

 


A/N: i kind of have the next chapter written, so expect an early update!