Chapter 2

I Can't Make You Love Me (by stargazer25)

 

Updated February 25, 2011

"Angela! Where are those papers I asked from you?" yelled Aaron through his mess of papers.

"Right here sir, they just came out of the fax." smiled Angela with her cute grin

"Thanks Angela" breathed Aaron.

"You're welcome sir and by the way your wife is outside."

"What? Why?" asked Aaron confused and frustrated from his paper work that he didn't even bother to look up at his assistant.

"She said she brought lunch for you."

"Tell her that I already ate and for her to leave."

"But sir"

"No buts Angela. Just do it." said Aaron as he turned to his computer screen.

"Yes sir." Angela gave a slight bow and left the room.

As the door closed behind Angela he saw a slight peek of Gui Gui. She was wearing a red peacoat that came down to her mid-thigh with black leggings and a matching two toned shoes. (lol yes all the amazing details you can see as a door is being closed xD now back to the story) Aaron let out a heavy sigh, he hated when Gui Gui would do this to him. Whatever she tried to act nicer then usual, it made hater Gui Gui harder then it usually was. To Aaron because of Gui Gui he is the new president of the Yan Wu Corporations and also wasn't able to marry the love of his life, Hebe.

"She's gone sir." said Angela breaking Aaron's trail of thought.

"Thanks Angela."

"Here you go sir, this is the lunch she left for you."

"No I don't want it thank you. You can have it." said Aaron offering his lunch to Angela.

"I'm fine sir I already had my lunch and you have still yet to eat yours."

"No really it's fine, I'll just order something or eat later."

"Are you sure? Mrs. Yan said that it is suppose to be your favorite?"

"What it is?"

"Mrs. Yan said that it was angel hair pasta with grilled chicken and freshly cut tomatoes with a little bit of pesto."

"Fine just leave it on the coffee table and you can go."

As Angela did as she was told she headed towards the door when 3 men came walking in to Aaron's office.

"Hi Angela" beamed Calvin as he walked into the room.

"Hello Mr. Cheng" said Angela bowing as she made her way out.

"Hey guys what are you doing here?" asked Aaron getting up from his desk.

"Just here to see if you wanted to grab lunch with us today?" asked Jiro as he sat down on the leather couch in front of Aaron's desk.

"Sure, I'm starving and anything is better then this any way." said Aaron as he pointed to the lunch box Gui Gui made for him.

"What what is that?" asked Chun curiously leaning over to see what Aaron was talking about.

"Gui Gui made me lunch today. I don't even know if is eatable?"

"So your not going to eat Gui Gui's food that she made you for you?" asked Calvin with big eyes.

As Aaron looked at Calvin and his strange reaction he could see that the same reaction was on his friends faces too.

"No I guess not." said Aaron as he slowly eyed his friends out not knowing why they were acting in such a way.

"Then I want it!" said all 3 of them at the same time as they all lunged forward to try and grab the container from Aaron.

Within a blink of an eye the container was in Chun's hands with some chopsticks at the ready. As the other two sighed in disappointment Aaron still couldn't figure out what was up with his friends.

"What is up with you guys?" Aaron asked in a daze of confusion.

"Dude Gui Gui's cooking is one in a million. I cant believe you are passing up the chance to taste this." said Chun with a mouth full of food.

"Yeah last time she made us lunch it was this out of this world chicken that she marinated over night." said Jiro reliving eating Gui Gui's chicken.

"It was fully cooked but it was still very much juicy and tender. It was practically falling off the bone." added Calvin as his eyes too glazed over and started to reminisce.

As Aaron still started in confusion Jiro and Calvin broke out of their daze.

"Now I know the perfect place to go have lunch." beamed Calvin

"At restaurant Gui Gui?" said Jiro playfully

"Exactly."

"Wait why in the world would you go to my house to grab lunch. You guys barely know Gui."

"Dude it's been a year since you two got married and you still don't know that we have been going to your house twice a week to have lunch with your wife?" question Jiro.

"No?"

"Well then now you know. Every monday and friday. My two most favorite days of the week." said Chun has he was wiping his mouth clean after the pasta he just ate.

"Wait, wait, wait. So you guys, all three of you, go to my house twice a week to eat lunch with Gui Gui?"

All of them nodded together.

"Why?"

"Because she invites us to cause those are the days she doesn't go out to help the kids at the orphanage, or go to the school and read to kids."

"Her book club only meets on wednesdays and thursdays are when she is a tutor to your neighbor, their kid wants to play the piano so she is giving her lessons."

'So that is what Gui does during the day.' thought Aaron to himself.

"And you guys know all of this because?"

"Hello what do you do during lunch besides eat? Talk right?" said Jiro with a clever smirk.

"Hey come on lets go call Gui see what's she up to." suggested Chun

"You want to come Aaron?" offered Calvin

"No it's okay you guys go ahead. I have paper work to finish."

"Okay suit yourself." said Calvin.

"Catch you later Aaron." said Chun

As the guys left Aaron's office, Aaron became totally dumbfounded. How his friends could know more about his wife then he does.

"Maybe I should give her a chance?" Aaron said aloud to himself. "No, no I hate her. She broke me and Hebe up."

Aaron then hurriedly turned back to his swamp of papers to distract himself for the rest of the day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gui Gui's POV

"I'm sorry Mrs. Yan, Mr. Yan is very busy right now but I can take this from you and I'll be sure to get it to him." said Angela with a somber expression.

"Oh okay." I said with a smile trying to hide my sad expression and handed the box full of food to Angela. "Thank you Angela."

"You're welcome Mrs. Yan. Is there anything else you will be needing today?"

"No I'm fine Angela. Thank you. Make sure you don't work too hard now."

"Yes, Mrs. Yan. Have a nice day."

I gave a low sigh and turned away. I knew that no matter what I did Aaron would still hate me. But there was no harm in trying, right?. After a year you would think he would get over the situation but if I learned anything about Aaron over the years that I've know him is that Aaron can hold long grudges.

I walked into the elevator and took out my phone. I want to see if Ya Tou is free for lunch today.

Text: Gui Gui
Are you free for lunch?

Text: Ya Tou
Yup. You want to go eat?

Text: Gui Gui
Yeah there is a new restaurant I want to try, you up for it?

Text: Ya Tou
Yup. Give me an hour and I'll meet you there.

Text: Gui Gui
Okay see you later.

As the elevator doors finally opened I walked out and didn't know what to do with myself. I have an hour to blow off until I meet up with Ya Tou and I have nothing to do. Suddenly I felt my phone buzz, Jiro's name was blinking on my screen.

"Hello?"

"Gui! It's Jiro, are you free for lunch?"

"Well I have plans to go out and eat with Ya Tou in a while. Do you guys want to join us? We are going to try a new Japanese restaurant."

"Sure, we'd love to."

"We?"

"Calvin, Chun and I."

"Oh I see. Well okay bring them along too, the more the merrier."

"Okay where are you? We'll pick you up."

"I'm in the lobby of the company."

"Okay wait for us, were coming down right now."

As I waited for Calvin, Chun and Jiro to come down I stared at my cell phone screen. It was a picture of me and Aaron a long time ago. The only picture that I have of us together were we are both smiling happily. I could remember that day like it was just yesterday. Me, Ya Tou, and Aaron were all at the beach for spring vacation. Everything that happened that week was more then perfect. It was a week before I found out the news of what my parents had in store of Aaron and I.

"Gui!" I heard out in the far distance.

I turned and I saw Jiro and the guys with beaming smiles walking towards me as I felt stares from the other women around me. Oh how it reminded me of high school, the best time of my life.

"Has it every occurred to you guys that when you guys are out in public with me I get death stares from all the women around us." I said with a smile.

"Actually no we don't notice but it's okay since you are already a married woman, and have all the money in the world." teased Calvin

"No, I don't have all the money in the world. If I did Chun here would be dead because of starvation, since he would have any money to buy food." I beamed him a warm smile.

"Oh I shiver at the thought of it." said Chun in a condescending tone.

"Well let's not just stand here and talk lets go eat." announced Jiro

"Well we actually have to wait for Ya Tou first, she said that she will meet us in an hour then we can eat."

"What?! A whole hour?" exclaimed Chun

"Here I have some cookies with me just in case I ran into you guys while I was here." I said handing Chun the bag of cookies.

"Hey no! You already got to eat Aaron's pasta, we get to eat these cookies." said Jiro snatching away the cookies before Chun could gobble them up.

'So Chun ate Aaron's pasta. He must have given it to him since he never does like anything I do.'

"Haha there's enough for all of you. Come on let's go."

After getting to the restaurant and much debate to weather we were going to order with or without Ya Tou, she finally showed up.

"See I told you that she would be here." I smacked Chun on the arm playfully

"Well we waited TEN EXTRA minutes for her." protested Chun

"No we didn't it was only like two minutes. Plus you already ate most of the cookies that Gui Gui made and a sandwich on our way here." stated Calvin

"Fine, fine whatever then. Can we just order?"

"Hehe well sorry for keeping you guys waiting. Let's order." said Ya Tou as she took a seat next to Gui Gui.

"Hi welcome to Flavor of Love (lol hint hint the a future chapter I will feature the reader that can tell me what my old user name was ^^). My name is Mari and I'll be your server today. Can I start you off with some drinks?"

"Yes please me and my friend here will have plantation iced tea." smiled Gui Gui as she gestured to Ya Tou

"Sure. And for you 3 gentleman?"

"We all will have the same."

"Okay, it will just be one moment please."

As lunch went on and we all had our fun our lunch finally ended.

"Wow that lunch was awesome. I think we should make it a habit to go out all together and try new restaurants." said Chun

"Are you just saying that Chun or do you really mean it?" teased Ya Tou

"No really we should. Come on we all went out to lunch around 12 and now it's almost 3. I can't even remember a time when I went out to lunch with a bunch of my friends and it turned out to be that fun."

"Wow I didn't even notice that it's 3 already." I said smiling while looking at my watch.

"So what is it a deal then?" asked Chun

"Yeah sure it sounds like fun." said Jiro

"So when are we going to do this again?" I asked

"Well how about every saturday? We can leave lunch open for us then?" suggested Calvin.

"Sounds good to me." I said followed by everyones agreement.

As we said our final goodbyes I decided to walk home since the restaurant was only about a 10-15 minutes walk from my house. I actually love walking around in this neighborhood though it is counted as the "rich" side of town I think the people there make everything more beautiful. They always have warm smiles and give friendly waves. As I was walking up the small hill in which me and Aaron's house is placed on, I saw Aaron home which was safe to say was very odd of him. Then suddenly a women came up from behind him and kissed him. From what I could see I knew it had to be Hebe. I felt a great pang in my heart. I told myself not to look again but my curiosity got the best of me.

I saw Aaron take Hebe by the waist and pulled her forward towards him and they both kiss. I felt myself stop breathing at that very moment. Not wanting to see any more I ran away holding back all of my tears until I was somewhere by myself, where no one was around to hear my tears of pain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
lol okay yeah I know sad but it will get happier later ^^
I think xD
well how did you guys like it?
comment please and thank you!
~Stargazer25 (happy birthday to me! Feb. 25th!)