Chapter 8

I Can't Make You Love Me (by stargazer25)

Chapter 8

Okay this is going to be another short chapter.
Sorry! But I just need the story to move along so the real drama can come.
So what will be happening is that the timeline of the story will be moving along pretty fast so please bare with me.
Also please don't mind spelling and grammar mistakes in this chapter.
Sorry I got lazy to revise it like I usually do.
I still hope that all of you enjoy.
Also comments are much appreciated, even if I'm not able to reply back to you guys.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It’s been 2 months since Aaron and I last spoke.

All of the gossip about Aaron and I finally died down and everything has become still in the house. As if nothing were live, everything thing became objects to me. Somedays I can’t even find the strength to climb out of bed. YaTou feels that I should go see a doctor but I refuse knowing that nothing good will come out of it. It would be just another person looking down on me. That’s why after a while I stopped letting YaTou in too. Chun, Calvin and Jiro would drop in from time to time when they weren’t busy with work but those visits stopped too a couple of weeks ago.

The only person that is able to get me back to myself for a couple of hours would be Xiu. He comes everyday and sits in the garden outside of my balcony window and plays me music. He even leaves food on my front doorstep, that is the only time I even feel like eating. Just yesterday I looked at myself in the mirror and saw that I have lost at least 10 pounds and seeing that I was already skinny in the first place I look like skin and bones.

Aaron doesn’t even come home anymore. Once he started noticing that I wasn’t getting out of bed he started to be home less and less. But now he’s never home, from what I guess he is at Hebe’s house not that I care anymore.

Today is March 17, 2012 this officially marks two years since the day Aaron and I got married. Though I do have some hope that Aaron might come home today, I don’t have them set too high. I finally have been able to get out of bed and eat even before Xiu got here. I decided to get dressed and go out for a small walk. Once I opened the door I found Xiu there.

“Oh good morning Xiu.” I said in a small voice.

He looked sad as he looked towards the ground.

“Are... are you okay Xiu?” I said putting my hand on his shoulder.

“I don’t know what to say Gui.” He looked up and looked directly into my eyes.

“What do you mean?”

“I’m leaving Gui, but I don’t want to leave you.”

“Where are you going?”

“I’m moving to New York, my uncle has a music company there and they need a new producer so they asked me to do it.”

“A music producer?”

“Yeah they have this up and coming band and they want to put a new flavor to their stylr of music. I already sent over some of my stuff to them and they love it. They want me to move over there and create a whole album for them.” Xiu said with his face lighting up.

“Wow that sounds great. I’m so happy for you.” I said with the best smile I could put on.

“Your not happy.” He said as his face dropped.

“No I am totally happy for you.” I said keeping my smile.

“Don’t lie. Your not happy.”

“Well I can’t say I’ll be happy to not have you around anymore, but with the opportunity that is before is I’m really happy that you are going to take it. You are really passionate about your music and it’s good that you will be able to use your skills.”

“Will you come with me Gui?”

“What?” I felt my eyes getting bigger.

“Come with me Gui. To New York, with me. I already bought you a ticket in the hopes of you saying yes.”

I looked into Xiu’s eyes and I felt a rush of energy. A sense of my old self where I was like a free sprit that would go where ever I wanted to go and I missed this feeling. So I put all of my doubts on the side and said yes. I got all my of my things packed and rushed back down with all 4 of my luggages packed full.

“Is this everything?” Xiu asked with a smile.

“Yes it is.” I said proudly “Actually no it’s not.” I pulled out the most recent copy of the divorce papers wrote a note on it, signed it and left it on the kitchen counter.

“Ready?” Xiu said reaching for my hand.

“Nope one last thing.” I looked down at my left hand and looked at my wedding ring. I use to spend hours looking at this ring telling myself that this was Aaron giving his love to me but now all I see is a ring. I slipped it off my finger and put it on top of the papers.

“Now I’m ready.” I said with a smile and took his hand and ran out of the door.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a long day of work I went home. The past 2 months after all of the commotion with YaTou’s charity event and signs of Gui Gui going into a state of depression I started to go to Hebe’s place to get away from it all. I couldn’t handle Gui Gui and her condition with everything else that was happening and Hebe welcomed me with open arms.
But today is Gui Gui and I’s second wedding anniversary so I felt that the least I could do is to go home. Though to my surprise the house is empty and all of her things are gone.

“Gui?” I called out through the house.

After doing a full sweep of the house I found myself in the kitchen looking at what looks like what I think it is but I just can’t believe it. I picked up the divorce papers and looked at her signature on all the dotted lines. She finally did it, she finally did what I wanted and divorced me. As I came back to the first page I noticed what she add it to the conditions.

Note:
Keep everything. I don’t need any of it.

I reread what she wrote over, again so many times in my mind that it was seared in my mind. Though I finally got what I wanted, I never knew it was going to feel so good. I grabbed the papers, picked up my keys and drove to Hebe’s to tell her the good news.

This was it. My new start at the life I was suppose to have with the person that I do love. It never once came across my mind where Gui Gui went to or what she was doing, I was just happy that I was no longer married to her.