Chapter 10

I Can't Make You Love Me (by stargazer25)

Chapter 10

Okay I know that I haven't updated in what almost 3 weeks? I know I must have lost a lot of readers but believe me I am sorry. It was just getting hard to do my homework and write a chapter a week. I have this writing assignment in english so I have to write a minimum of 30 drafts so please understand that I do have other things to do. But don't worry I haven't forgot about you guys nor my story. My boyfriend continually reminds me about it. Well new getting on with the story. I hope that you all enjoy it. ^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was there standing in Aaron's office waiting for him to look up from the folder.

"So why do you want to work here Ms. Wu?" asked Aaron still gazing into the folder.

"Like I said before it's Ms. Yan and I don't want to work here but you know that my father told me to so it's not like I'm here willingly." I said looking straight at him.

"Okay well, I see that your father wants you want to be a department head."

"Yes. Will that be a problem?"

"No. I just have to warn you, it's not going to be easy. You will have a lot of catching up for you to do."

"I'm sure I can manage. ." I said the second part under my breath.

"Well I guess you can start today. Have Angela show you around and if you have any questions, you can come and ask me."

"Are you going to explain to me what I will be doing here?"

"Oh yes you are going to be in charge of our financial and advertising departments. The old department head, Dean, had to go back to the States for our branch there."

"Oh. Well if that is everything, I'll get going."

"Yes that's it."

As I walked out I fought the urge to ask Aaron what meant about what he said at the party last week. I followed Angela around the office for about half an hour and then we finally stopped at my office.

"Well here it is." said Angela with a smile. "If you need anything, please feel free to ask, my phone extension number is written on a post-it on your desk."

"Thank you Angela." I said with a smile.

"It's nice to have you back Ms. Yan." she said as she was walking away.

I took a deep breath and went into my office. Mines is not that far from Aaron's just down the hall actually. But that was close enough for me. The more space actually, the better. As I set down my things and got settled, I noticed some minor details that I just loved. All of the handles for the cabinets were all metal and not plastic, there were no bulky metal old looking filing cabinets but instead there were sleek pull out drawers that fit in very well into the little nooks of my office. Everything was just how I like it, how I always pictured my office. The walls were also painted a warm cream color that filled my with a sense of calm. Suddenly I heard a knock at the door.

"Oh yes, come in." I said gathering my thoughts

"Hey there pretty lady." Jiro said sticking his head in.

"Hey there, stranger." I said as I got up to hug him.

"Look who I brought along. Dumb and Dumber." He said motioning to Calvin and Chun.

"So does that make you Dumbest?" I asked with a smile as I broke our hug.

"Oh, Oh my heart!" said Jiro pretending I stabbed him in the heart or something.

"You know it's true, now move aside." said Calvin trying to give me a hug.

"It's nice to see you guys again." I said as I finished my hug with Calvin and moved on to Chun.

"What can I do for you guys?" I asked as I motioned them to sit down on the leather couch.

"We just came up to see the boss lady." said Jiro

"We are your humble servants." said Calvin laughingly

"Oh I see, so you guy will be working with me?"

"Yes we are." They all said together.

After a few minutes of catching up, the boys went to work and I started to look over the old files to get familiar with everything. Before I knew it, it was already 7pm and I was late for my dinner date with Xiu. Knowing him, he would just be patiently waiting at our table for me to come. Not even thinking about calling or texting me because he knew I only get this distracted from work and he respected that.

I pulled out my cell phone and sent him a quick text.

"Be there in 10 mins love. Sorry I was doing work."

As I ran down to the elevator and pushed the down button over and over again. When the doors finally open the last person I was expecting to see was in there.

She looked up with a sly smile and said hi.

"Hi, there Victoria."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So how did you guys like it? Yes I know it was super short but I just wanted to put something out for you guys, since it's been forever. But don't worry I will make sure that I put up another update either tonight or tomorrow so please look out for that.
Peace. Love. and Starbucks.
Stargazer25