Chapter 14

I Can't Make You Love Me (by stargazer25)

Chapter 14

Hello my loves! I'm so sorry for the super long wait. Work and my laziness got in way. Well who cares what I've been up to, here is your guys long awaited post.
Enjoy!~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tonight was the night of yet another one of Ya Tou's charity balls and Gui Gui was stuck at work instead of getting ready. As she worked on her files that she was given she started to hum the tune of her song. Gui was quite nerves for her performance later on tonight since this would be the first time anyone other then Xiu would hear her music that she wrote.

Trying to push those thoughts aside, she pushed herself to finish her work. As time passed she looked up and saw that it was already 7:20pm and the party was starting at 8:00. Like a ninja, Gui gathered all of her things and headed towards the venue.

Aaron's POV

I watched Gui Gui arrive to the venue in a rush and still in her work clothes. I looked at her in confusion when she walked past the entrance of the party and saw that she was heading in through the back. Of course I followed her and saw that she was running into the arms of Xiu. Just seeing him with his hands around my Gui Gui made my blood boil.

My Gui Gui? Where did that come from?

Gui Gui's POV

As I rushed in through the back way of the party, I was meet with the open arms of Xiu. Thank goodness he got my text to meet me in the back so I could change into my dress that he picked out.

"Is this my dress?" I asked Xiu as I took the black bag out of his hands.

"Why yes it is my lady." He says with a sly smile playing at his lips.

When I opened the bag, I started to jump up and down. The dress was perfect, these were one of the top dresses I was going to get for the other benefit dinner but decided not to. After taking a few moments to control myself I gave Xiu a light kiss on the lips.

"I love you." I said beaming at him.

"I love you too Gui. Now go change before Ya Tou kills you and I end up with no wife."

I laughed at the thought and ran into the dressing room.

After getting ready I met Xiu and Ya Tou back stage to get ready to sing my song.

"Ready Gui?" asked Ya Tou handing me my mike.

"As I'll ever be." I said giving a smile.

Ya Tou walked out to the stage and made the announcement.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Please help me in welcoming to the stage one of my dearest friends Gui Gui and her future husband Xiu as they preform one of Gui Gui's original songs."

As Xiu and I got up on stage the roar of the crowd got louder.

Xiu got seated at the piano and I took my place with my mike. I tried to steady my breathing and I could feel my heart wanting to up out of my chest. The feelings I felt as I wrote this song hit me like a ton of brick but I wasn't going to let Ya Tou down. As Xiu started to play, I closed my eyes and let the music take over.

(Okay now please you it is vital to the story that you listen to the music or read the lyrics so please do so. thank you. here is the link for the music. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiyX3ckXn0I )

Someday you'll gonna realize
One day you"ll see this trough my eyes
But then I wont even be there
I'll be happy somewhere
Even if I can't.

I know
You don't really see my worth
You think you're the last guy on earth
Well I have news for you
I know I'm not that strong
But it wont take long
Wont take long

Coz someday, someones gonna love me
The way I wanted you to need me
Someday, someones gonna take your place
One day I'll forget about you
You'll see, I wont even miss you
Someday, someday.

But now
I know you can tell
I'm down and I'm not doing well
But one day these tears
They will all run dry
I wont have to cry
Sweet goodbye.

Coz someday, someones gonna love me
The way I wanted you to need me
Someday, someones gonna take your place
One day I'll forget about you
You'll see, I wont even miss you
Someday... I know someone's going to be there.

Someday, someones gonna love me
The way I wanted you to need me
Someday, someones gonna take your place
One day I'll forget about you
You'll see, I wont even miss you
Someday, someday.

As I finished the song I held back the feeling to cry. Though I know I lost when I felt one tear slip off the corner of my eye as I looked out into the crowd. Everyone was on there feet and clapping but there was only one person I was looking for in the crowd. Aaron.

He was there sitting in his chair, still as a statue. His face was blank and cold but his eyes were like daggers. They saw me. The real me. The broken girl I once tried to fix was back and still in love with Aaron. He saw that in my eyes. I could have looked at him forever but my trance was broken by Xiu helping me walk off stage.

"You did great out there Gui Gui." Xiu said as he kissed my forehead.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and gave him my best smile.

"Thank you. I was so nervous. I didn't know they were all going to like my song."

"Even if they didn't like it, you were spectacular. Come on let's go down and get a drink."

The night progressed and compliments kept coming through out the night.
As the party came winding down, I excused myself to the ladies room. As I walked out of the ballroom and started looking for the bathroom, I passed a man that was looking out at the city lights from the balcony.

"You sang that song really well."

"Oh thank you." I said before going to look for the bathroom again.

"I know you wrote that song because of me."

"Excuse me? I don't even know you."

As the man turned around I found that this man was non other then Aaron.

"Oh it's you." I said trying to act strong.

"Yeah it's me."

"Well for the record, no the song was not written because of you."

"Really Gui? Are you sure?"

"Yes I'm sure." I said slightly raising my voice.

"Well then I guess there is no need for was I was going to say then."

I paused for a moment, trying to think how I would respond to that.

"Well... Well I wouldn't want to hear it anyway." I said as I stomped off, away from Aaron.

Aaron's POV

As I watched her walk off I turned back to looking at the lights and gave out a sigh.

"I still love you too Gui. Always and forever."

~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry if there is errors or type-os. I was in a bit of a rush.
Please tell me what you think. ^^
Comments are loved.
Peace. Love. and Starbucks!