Chapter 5

I Can't Make You Love Me (by stargazer25)

Chapter 5

lol I'm bored so I felt like writing ^^
hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I came back home all the lights were off, but one. A lamp, of which I picked out when I was decorating the house when Aaron was off working in New York for a month.

"You're still here." I said as I shut the door behind me and took off my coat.

"I didn't go to work today." Aaron said while looking at his feet.

"That's good, you need to rest a little." I said as I put away my coat. "Well I'm going to sleep."

I made my way to the stairs while trying to take off my heels.

"Why are you late? I thought that you and George were only going out for lunch?"

"We went out to catch a movie then went to eat dinner at the diner down the street, so I wasn't far from home."

"So why didn't you just cook dinner here for George?" said Aaron finally looking up at me.

"I didn't cook here because I didn't feel like cooking."

"Well I was waiting for you."

"Well I'm sorry to here that. But I'm sure you could have managed without me."

"No I can't." said Aaron under his breath but just loud enough for me to here it.

With hearing this I went into a fit of rage.

"What is up with you Aaron? From the moment we got married you have never shown this side of you. The side where you actually care about me and now after a year of marriage you start to act nice! I'm glad you are making the effort but I'm sorry I'm feed up with it already. You don't need to pretend that you actually care about me!"

With that I continued going up the stairs to our bedroom and got ready for bed. When I climbed into bed Aaron came walking into our bedroom.

"So you are saying that you don't want to make the effort to make our marriage work?" Aaron said in a low tone.

"It's not that I don't want you to make an effort but being in a one sided marriage for a year, where you only pretend that our marriage is meant to be when we are in front of the press, our families, friends, or when were out together at company parties, it gets hard to know when you are faking it or not."

"I'm sorry."

"What?"

"I'm sorry." said Aaron looking straight into my eyes.

"For what?"

"For causing you all of your pain."

"Oh so you knew that I was miserable for the past year and you didn't do anything about it?"

Silence.

"Whatever good night."

I climbed into bed and got comfortable. I could feel Aaron's stare beating on my back. But I didn't mind it, I just closed my eyes and pretended like I was asleep. As I heard Aaron shuffle around the room, his phone went off.

"Hello?" he said in a hushed tone.

"No I don't want to go out Hebe. I already told you I need time to think. I am married if you haven't remembered and I made promises to Gui too."

Pause.

"Well you don't take vows for nothing. I didn't really mean them at the time but if are going to ask me to give up Gui Gui then the least you can do is give me my space and let me think about it."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Hebe wanted to take Aaron away from me? But why and then now Aaron is defending me? This day couldn't have gotten weirder then it already has been. First I think that Aaron doesn't love me but now he has some short of feeling for me? I just can't understand you Aaron.

"I mean it Hebe, I don't want to go out. So please stop calling me." With that Aaron put his phone down with a heavy sigh. Aaron changed into his sleeping clothes and got into bed. Thinking that I was asleep Aaron snuggled onto my back and gave me a kiss on my right shoulder.

"I'm so sorry Gui. But I think I'm falling in love with you."

With that he gave me another kiss and to his other side. Leaving me stunned not able to move.There must be something wrong with Aaron.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning I found Aaron's arms wrapped around me waist. As I tried to slip away his hold on me got tighter.

"Aaron" I said softly while gently shaking him.

"Mmmmmmm"

"Come on wake up, you need to go to the office."

"I don't want to."

I don't know if he was sleep talking but he looked really cute when he acted like a child.

"Come on I'll make you breakfast."

"Fine."

"That means you have to let go of me."

He let out an unwilling grunt but he obeyed me and let go.

As soon as I got to the kitchen I started to whip up a simple breakfast, scrambled eggs, bacon, some buttered toast and orange juice. Since I felt nice this morning I put it all on a tray and brought it up to Aaron. When I came up he was still in bed.

"Wake up Aaron." I said while putting the standing tray above him. "Here I made you breakfast."

Being like a obedient puppy dog Aaron got up and looked at all the food in front of him while trying to sit up. He looked up at me with kind eyes and thanked me.

"No problem. Now eat up you might be late." I said as I sat down on the bed.

"Aren't go you going to eat too?"

"No I already did, I like to eat while I'm cooking so I'm good already." I said with a warm smile.

"Oh okay."

"Here you just eat and I'll get your clothes ready for you."

I got up and went into Aaron's closet. I picked out a plain white button down shirt with a gray and white pin striped jacket with matching pants and a dark gray bow tie.

Here is how the top half looks it you want to see: http://shobehikaru.deviantart.com/art/Aaron-Yan-Wallpaper-2-179294933

I came about out and put it on the bed.

"Here wear this."

"Pin stripes to work?"

"Oh please it's Sunday. Add some color into your work fashion. You always look like my father when you go to work." I said with a smirk as I walked to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

"Are you going somewhere today?" Aaron asked as he came into the bathroom to get ready too.

"Yeah I'm going to the mall to pick up my dress and your tux for the benefit dinner we have tonight."

"Oh right the dinner."

"No you can't skip out on it Aaron. You promised Ya Tou that you would go and that if you didn't show up you have to model her next mens swimsuit line." I said with a chuckle

"Don't worry I'll show."

"Okay just making sure, so do I'll come by later on today to drop off your tux and then we can go to the benefit together."

"Sure."

After that the rest of the time we got ready was in silence. Since all my clothes were at the cleaners and I haven't been able to pick them up yet all I had left were my old clubbing clothes. Knowing that this was all I had to pick from I got a oversized light gray shirt with some shiny gray material threaded within the shirt and some black shorts that were just long enough to show that I actually was wearing shorts. I kind of felt uncomfortable that my shorts were at lest 2 inches higher then mid-thigh but it was all I had. I got my black Jessica Simpson shoes out and walked out of my closet. I headed over to my vanity desk to get my long Tiffany's key necklace and my ring.

Here's the necklace: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_SMOeAxBYHAM/S9k5thF-gEI/AAAAAAAAAIg/iBuMGzVoXPw/s320/TiffanyKey-Big-thumb.jpg

As I looked up into the mirror to put some make up on when I saw Aaron's jaw drop to the floor.

"What?" I asked

"What are you wearing?" He asked

"These are the only clothes I have left. I'm suppose to pick up the dry cleaning today while I'm picking up our clothes of the benefit dinner."

"Don't you have anything else?"

"If I had anything else I would wear it. So it's either this or I wear a red strapless dress that stops at the same place where these shorts do."

I saw Aaron swallow hard and he complied.

"Are you ready?" Aaron asked.

"Yeah I'm just about done."

I slipped on my ring and got my purse and cell phone. Since we were going to the benefit together Aaron and I took only one car. As he was driving I saw that Aaron had his ring on.

'It's just for the benefit Gui don't think too much about it.' I told myself

"Okay I'll see you later then." said Aaron as he parked on the side of the road to get out of the car.

"Okay."

I waited for him to get inside of the building before I started to drive to the mall. First I had to get the dry cleaning in town, get my dress and Aaron's tux at the stores in house dry cleaners, go get my nails and hair done with Ya Tou and then head back to Aaron's office and pick him up.

As the day dragged on with me running around doing things and getting ready for the party I got tired of driving. Luckily it was already 5 and that was the time Aaron texted me to drop off his clothes. As I walked into the lobby with Aaron's tux and my dress at hand I felt the everyone's eyes on me. Yes it got a little uncomfortable though out the day but I didn't mind the attention of a while. To my surprise Aaron was in the lobby talking with Jiro, Calvin and Chun.

"Hello." I said as I walked up to the group.

"Wow Gui you look great today." said Jiro staring at my legs.

"What do you mean? Only today?" I said teasingly

"You know what I mean." Jiro defended himself while still looking me over.

"Okay that's enough looking at my wife, thank you very much." said Aaron as he tried covering me up by standing in front of me.

I let out a small giggle and handed Aaron his tux.

"Here you go, here's your tux."

"Thanks. Are you going to change into your dress now?"

"Yeah, I can change in your office?"

"Sure." Aaron said with a smile.

"Aww look at the cute couple." said Chun with a little coo

"Hey are you guys going to the benefit? I'm sure Ya Tou could fit you guys in."

"Oh we're already going. We wouldn't miss Ya Tou's benefit for the world. She said that if we didn't come she would steal all of our clothes and leave us only with card board boxes."

We all let out a laugh at how much of an extent Ya Tou is going to make sure we come to her benefit. Though Ya Tou has her own fashion line and has money of her own she likes to hold benefits where she raises money for education, clean water, polar bears and everything in between.

"Well we have to get ready, so see you guys there."

As we all went our own ways Aaron and I went to the elevators to go up to his office on the 75th floor.

"I still don't know why Daddy had to make the building so tall." I said out loud when we were in elevator together.

"To hold all of our employes I guess."

"Maybe but doesn't it take forever to get to your floor?"

"Well I this is my own personal elevator. So it doesn't take me very long."

"Wow I didn't know that."

Silence.

"Sooo how was work today?"

"Good. And your day?"

"Busy, I didn't realize how much driving around could take out of you."

"I guess."

Ding.

As we got out of the elevator I noticed that there was no one on this floor.

"Did everyone go already?"

"Yeah I let the staff go home early to get ready for the benefit."

"Oh you invited your staff?"

"You seem surprised."

"Well a little, I never though of you to be the person to let your staff go home so early."

"Well it is already 5."

"So when did you let them leave?"

"3."

"Why so early?"

"So of them have children, and since Ya Tou wanted it to be more open to working class families I gave them some extra time to get their kids ready and so with themselves."

"Well that was nice of you to do."

As I went into the women's restroom to change, Aaron when into his office. When I was done I waited outside of Aaron's office waiting for him to come out. I had my back turned to fix my make up when Aaron came out of his office. I was wearing a floor length chiffon aqua strapless dress with a beaded bust that was in a sweetheart neckline and an empire waist. As I turned around to face Aaron, his eyes were bugged out.

Gui Gui's Dress: http://www.simplydresses.com/shop/viewitem-PD587421

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah." said Aaron snapping out of his gaze. "You look wonderful."

"Thanks." I said still being curious about Aaron's all of a sudden niceness. "Come on if we don't get moving we are going to be late."

When we arrived we automatically saw Ya Tou working the room in her white floor length tulle dress with gradient sequins on her skirt and on her sweetheart neckline bust.

Ya Tou's Dress: http://www.simplydresses.com/shop/viewitem-PD591794

"Hey guys you made it." said Ya Tou as she gave both of hugs.

"Wow Gui you look awesome."

"So do you."

As we started to compliment each other on how we looked Jiro, Chun and Calvin made their way over.

"No what do we have here, two beautiful looking ladies with no drinks in their hands." said Jiro

"Now that is a crime." added Calvin

"Sorry no drinking for me." said Ya Tou "I have a meeting Monday morning and I don't need to look like a drunk teenager in front of my new clients."

"Me neither." I said passing up them getting me drinks.

"Aww you guys are no fun." said Jiro

"Aaron?"

"I'm driving so no thank you and stop trying to get my wife drunk."

"Fine then ruin my fun." said Jiro with a sad expression.

"Come on lets go to our table." gestured Ya Tou

As we all sat down and had our dinner there were entertainers walking around to the different tables and doing magic.

"Ya Tou this benefit has been your best work yet. Everything looks wonderful and food tastes great."

"Thanks Gui, I'm just glad that all my hard work had paid off."

"Come on they are opening the dance floor lets go." said Ya Tou trying to pull me off of my seat.

"Oh no I'm not, the last time I was on a dance floor was when we were in college and you know how well that turned out."

"Come on, this time your not punch drunk and you have Aaron here to make sure we don't get into too much trouble."

I turned to look at Aaron and he gave me a small smile.

"No it's okay I want to say with Aaron."

Ya Tou looked down at her brother with a pouty face.

"Don't look at me with that face." Aaron said with his hands up. "I can't help if my wife wants to spend time with me." He said that while wrapping his arms around my and putting his head on my shoulder.

"Fine steal my dance partner from me, but don't be surprised if I come back again and try to steal her away from you." With that Ya Tou walked away looking for her other friends to dance with.

"So you enjoying the benefit?" I asked Aaron while turning to face him.

"Yeah I think Ya Tou out did herself this time." he said as he looked around.

"Yeah it's so wonderful, oh here your tie is lopsided." As I fixed Aaron's tie his eyes were locked onto mine. When I was about to move my hands away he took my hands.

"What is it Aaron?"

He paused for a moment and looked at me, as if we were the only to people left in the world, as if he really loved me.

"Would like to dance?" A slow song started to play and all the couples started to head towards the dance floor.

"Sure." I followed Aaron to the dance floor as he held my hand there. "Doesn't it feel like we are back in high school or something? This all reminds me so much of prom."

"Yeah it does."

"Can I ask you a question Aaron."

"Yeah sure."

"Why are you being so nice to me all of a sudden? What changed?"

"Why can't I be nice to my wife?"

"Yeah but you never refer to me as your wife. Even when you are pretending."

"Who says I was pretending."

"You did."

"That was the past."

"But seriously what changed?"

"I don't know I just finally realized that I needed you more then I thought."

"Really now?"

"Yes really." said Aaron looking at me straight in the eyes.

"One more question. Do you love me?"

"Yes."

"Prove it."

Aaron was a little caught off guard for a moment but then he put his hand on the back of my head and held my head still while he brought his face closer to mines. I closed my eyes as I felt like he was going to kiss me. I felt his warm lips brush mines but he wasn't kissing me.

"I love you Gui Gui Yan." and with that he kissed me.

Though I didn't know if he really meant it, I in that one moment couldn't feel any happier in my life.