Chapter 9

I Can't Make You Love Me (by stargazer25)

Chapter 9

“Gui Gui!” cried YaTou “My Halloween Charity Ball is next week and I still haven’t found any act that will fit into my 1920’s flapper and gangster theme.”

I sat down calmly while I was having my tea.

“Well then you get up there and put on a show.” I said with a smile.

“You know I’m having a nervous breakdown here and now you are telling me that I should be my own main show?” YaTou said almost leaning over the whole table.

“Yes.” I said with a smile.

“Come on Gui! Help me here.” she pleaded with me

“You know I come back after 3 years and this is what I get?”

“I know, I should be happy that you are finally back but I need your help.”

“Fine, fine I know what you are hinting at and yes I will do something at your charity ball. I’ll go ask Xiu if he has any ideas for me to do okay?”

“Oh my gosh Gui I love you.”

“Yes I know, now lets go shopping already.” I said dragging her out of the cafe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“So are you guys going to YaTou’s Halloween Charity Ball?” Chun asked while waiting in line to pay for his food.

“Yeah, don’t we every time?” said Calvin while checking his phone.

“What are you guys going as?” Jiro asked while picking at his food.

“The theme is flappers and gangsters I don’t think we have much choice with what we are going to wear.” Calvin said as we took a seat at out usual table.

“Right never mind I guess. I’m just excited for the entertainment, YaTou told me that she hired this out of the world girl that is putting on a performance that is totally original and has never been seen before.”

“Wow it takes a lot to impress YaTou that much now a days, she much be awesome.”

“I know right I can’t wait.”

“Why so you can hit on her if she is cute?” said Chun teasingly
“No not hit on her, just check her out.”

“Check who out?” asked Aaron as he sat down with his friends.

“This girl that YaTou booked at the main show for the charity ball.” said Calvin

“Well YaTou hasn’t stopped talking about how good it is and how it matches her theme perfectly so it better be worth the chatter.”

“I’m sure YaTou wont let us down.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was the day of the ball I was getting ready backstage. I came here with YaTou a couple of hour early to help her do a run through of the whole night. Xiu even took the day off to help me practice a little bit more.

“So do you have all of your outfits for tonight Gui?” asked YaTou looking over her list again.

“Yes they are already backstage and so with all the other dancers clothes.”

“Okay. Xiu do you have the music Gui Gui will be singing to?”

“Yup already gave it to the DJ and I have an extra one with me just in case.”

“Wonderful. Well I guess that is everything, the party is about to start in an hour so I guess I should get ready. See you guys later.” said YaTou as she walked out of the ball room.

“You want to go get ready babe?” asked Xiu while handing me a glass of water.

“Yeah sure, oh by the way you are going to be sitting on YaTou’s table during dinner so just look for her okay?”

“Why you are not going to be sitting with me?”

“No it’s not that, it’s just that I told YaTou that she should enjoy the charity event so I told her that I would handle backstage for her.”

“Awww how cute, always trying to help YaTou.”

“So you’re okay with that?”

“Yeah no problem, just call me if you need any help.”

“You know I will.” I said giving Xiu a kiss on the lips. “Oh I have to pick up my dress at the mall so you go ahead to the house and I’ll just follow you there.”

“But you don’t have your car yet.”

“It’s okay I’ll just get a cab home. Don’t worry just go and I’ll see you later.” I said kissing him again.

“Okay fine I’ll see you at home.” Xiu said with a smile.

After Xiu left, I looked around. This was the same place were YaTou held that one charity event 4 years ago. The one when Aaron came with Hebe, I wonder if they are going to be here tonight? If she will they even recognize me?

I shook off the thoughts from my head and left to go pick up my dress. Once I got my dress on my way back was like a mad house. There was so much traffic that it was no use of going home. I decided that I was just going to get ready at the banquet hall and that I would just text Xiu that I was just going to meet him here.

After half an hour or so of getting ready YaTou and other people started to come in. All the women were dressed up with big feathered head pieces and sparkly beaded dresses while the men were dressed up in their pin striped suits and matching fedoras.

“Good evening everyone.” said YaTou as she walked to the middle of the stage to greet everyone. “So tonight is a night to have fun and raise as much money as we can for UNICEF. Please donate what you can and have fun. I hope you all enjoy the entertainment we have planned tonight.”

During the dinner portion of the night I was backstage getting all the girls ready for their numbers while trying not to forget mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hey guys over here.” said YaTou flagging us down.

“Hey there YaTou.” I said greeting my sister.

“You just seem to get better and better at this every time.” I said with a smile.

“Well you know I always need to top myself.” she said teasingly

“Wow YaTou I love this years theme. It’s just so old fashion and chic.” said Hebe while she looked all around amazed at the sight she was seeing.

“Hey guys.” Aaron said greeting Chun, Calvin and Jiro.

“Hey Aaron. So what do you think?” Jiro said pointing out his suit.

“Black suit and pink pin stripes. Why am I not surprised?” Aaron said with a smile.

As everyone got settled down into their seats we all just started to chat and catch up with anything.

“Hey YaTou are we missing people? Why are there two extra chairs here?” asked Calvin

“Oh yeah I invited two of my friends here, I think they are just running late.” YaTou said while looking around. “Oh here is one of them right now. Xiu!”

A guy with an all black fitted suit came walking towards the table.

“Everyone this is my friend Xiu, he just moved back from New York about a week ago.”

“Hi there everyone.” said Xiu with a small smile.

“Hi there please have a seat. I’m Arron, YaTou’s older brother.” I said extending my hand.

“Nice to meet you. I’m Xiu.“

“I guess you got caught in the traffic?” Aaron asked trying to break the ice with YaTou’s friend.

“Yeah I did. It’s just crazy out there.”

“So who is your other friend YaTou?”

“She is my fiancé she is helping out backstage so she will be out later.” Xiu said with a smile.

Xiu knew that Aaron was Gui Gui’s ex-husband and he didn’t like him for what he did to Gui Gui but he knew that it wasn’t any of his business. So he decided to give him a chance, to get to know Aaron first before he makes his judgement.

“Wow fiancé? When is the big day?” asked Hebe

“In December she loves winter so she convinced me to have our wedding here because she said that New York winters are no comparison to Taiwan’s.”

“Aww that is so cute, she sounds really lovely.” cooed Hebe

“Yes she is actually.”

“Well we can’t wait to meet her.” said Aaron as I said that I could see from the side of my eye that YaTou slightly shook her head and smiled down like she was disappointed in me and like I was going to get what I deserve soon. A face that I am all to familiar with, with her.

Later that night~

“So when are we going to see this spectral act you have booked for tonight YaTou?” ask Jiro

“She should be coming up soon.”

“Good, is she cute? You think you can get me her number after her act?” asked Jiro with a teasing smile.

“Oh I’m sure she will be happy to give you her number.” said Xiu with a smile.

“You know that girl that is preforming?” asked Jiro in amazement

“Yeah I meet her, I helped her with making her performance.”

“Wait what do you do exactly?” asked Chun

“I am a producer, shows, movies, music. Anything really.”

“Wow I can’t wait to see it.”

Suddenly the lights dimmed in a signal that the next act was coming on. The emcee came out from behind the curtain and started to introduce the next act.

“Ladies and gentlemen I hope that you all have enjoyed the entertainment so far. Now to our main act of the night. Please give a round of applause for Gui Gui Yan!”

With that all the people on YaTou’s table looked at each other with strange looks, except for YaTou and Xiu. Aaron for one was paralyzed, he couldn’t believe what he had just heard. A spot light went on and shined on a women on stage.

Here is what Gui Gui is suppose to be doing on stage. Just picture the lady (Christina Aguilera) in the short blond hair as Gui Gui. Gui Gui will be wear the same outfit but her hair will be down and long and not short like in the video. Starting at 16 seconds ^^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDPR5EoYqOs&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

When Gui Gui was done preforming everyone was on their feet clapping for Gui Gui except Aaron and Hebe.

‘Why the hell is Gui Gui dancing up there like that?’ Aaron though to himself.

After the crowd settled down the next performers went up stage.

“YaTou why didn’t you tell us that the person you were talking about was Gui Gui?” asked Jiro “Now I feel a erted older brother checking out his little sister.”

“Well I wanted it to be a surprise and I know if I told any of you it will somehow be leaked out to the press.”

“You really think that we would tell anyone?” asked Calvin slightly offended

“Yeah I do, the last time I told you guys something top secret it reaches the 6 o’clock news broadcast.” said YaTou with the a smile.

“Hi guys.” said Gui Gui in her performance dress. Xiu stood up and pulled Gui Gui’s chair for her and even took off his jacket to put around Gui Gui.

“You did great.” Xiu said to Gui Gui as he kissed the top of her head. They both exchanged warm smiles to each other.

“Wait let me guess Gui Gui is your fiancé?” asked Chun with a questionable look.

“Yes she is.” Xiu said while putting his arm around Gui Gui.

“Well congratulations.” said Calvin

From there the table was filled with chatter with 3 years of catching up happening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I could feel Aaron’s look burning a hole into my skin. It was so intence but I managed to keep myself from looking at him or Hebe what so ever. While were catching up he and Hebe didn’t say a word. They were silent the whole time, it looked like both of them were in their own world. When I looked from the side of my eye I could see that Aaron looked at me with a mad expression. Suddenly Aaron stood up with his hands balled up into fists.

“Why were you dancing like that?” Aaron said to me with through gritted teeth.

“Excuse me?” I said with a smile.

“Do you think your parents would like you dancing like that?” he said still standing

“Well seeing from here it looks like they don’t mind.” I said pointing to my parents behind Aaron a couple of tables away.

“Well I don’t approve of it.”

“What is there to approve of Aaron? We are no longer married and it’s not like I’m here to please you. So please don’t think that you are even in charge of me in any way.”

“Yes I am.”

“And how are you in charge of me?”

“Your families company is still part of mine. So that makes me in charge of your money and I could let it all go if I want to if you were to ever do that again.”

“Well if you haven’t noticed I haven’t used my parents money for sometime now. I make my own money just like everyone else. And I know you would never do that to my family because from the way you are spending I know that you are on the verge of bankruptcy and if you were to sell my part of the company you would have no other income. Remember Aaron I was suppose to take over my fathers company. I took all the same courses you did and even did better then you in it. So acting like you have leverage when you really don’t is really big of you. Excuse me I’m going to change back into my dress.”

With that I stood up and headed towards backstage. For the rest of the night I didn’t go back to the table, instead I worked the room with Xiu at my side. The one time I actually saw Aaron and Hebe, Aaron was downing another shot to go with his collection of empty shot glasses and Hebe had a say expression on her face. She tried to get to stop but she didn’t know how to handle him at all.

‘They wanted to be together and yet they look my miserable then I did when I was with Aaron.’ I said to myself.

“You want to get out of here?” Xiu whispered into my ear.

“Sure” I said with a smile. “Let me just say goodbye to YaTou and we can go.”

“Okay I’ll meet you at the car then.”

“Okay”

As we went our separate ways I headed towards our table, where YaTou still sat.

“Hey YaTou me and Xiu are going to leave already okay?”

“Oh yeah sure, thanks for all the help Gui.”

“No problem, you know I’m always here for you.”

“Yeah I know. Also sorry for Aaron, he just being stupid ever since you left he hasn’t been the same.”

“No it’s okay you don’t have to be sorry for him. I was already expecting this when I came back.” I said patting her hand.

“Well I have to go Xiu is waiting for me.” I said giving YaTou a hug.

“Okay talk to you later.”

As I was headed for the door, when a strong grip wrapped around my wrist. When I looked at who it was, the person was Aaron.

“Where are you going?” I asked me with anger in his eyes

“Let go Aaron.” I said trying to loosen his grip.

“I asked you a question.”

“I don’t have to tell you anything Aaron, now let go.”

“Answer my question.”

“Home. Happy?”

“With that guy?” he said still not letting go.

“The guy is my fiancé.”

“But I am your husband.”

“No your not. Not anymore so let go of me.”

“If that’s what you think then fine.”

With that he let go of my wrist and walked away. There was a small group of people that were watching us, not wanting to deal with them I just walked away towards the car where Xiu was waiting for me.

“What took you so long?” asked Xiu once I got into the car.

“Sorry I got held up by mommy and daddy, they wanted me to meet some of their friends.” I lied

“Oh okay, well let’s go home I’m tired after this long day.”

“Yes lets go home.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So how did you guys like it?
Good?
Bad?
What?
Please comment and give me your feedback as soon as possible.
Thanks ^^ I love you all ^^
~Stargazer25