Chapter 6

I Can't Make You Love Me (by stargazer25)

Chapter 6

So I totally lost my first draft of this chapter, where I usually have my best stuff but since I was so stupid I closed down my computer and totally forgot I have my window open on winglin, so this is my rewrite from what I can remember. Sorry it took so long to update though. Enjoy~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gui Gui’s POV

The next morning I woke up with an empty bed next to me. As I sat up I got so frustrated with myself.

“He doesn’t love you Gui Gui!” I yelled at myself.

I can’t believe that the only way to convince myself that my own husband loves me is in my dreams. LITERALLY. It this is the 90th time this has happened. Whenever there is something that goes wrong my mind replays the whole situation back in the way that I wanted it to. I guess this is part of how I contend with difficulties with things. Maybe I should go get myself checked out. I finally got myself out of bed and went down to the kitchen to make myself some food. When I was finished I sat in front of the tv watching the morning news with my bowl of cereal.

“Our top story of the hour is about Aaron Yan, President of Yan Wu Incorporation. Last night he came with a very unexpected guest to his little sister’s, YaTou Yan’s annual charity event. With rumors already swirling about before the event on how Mr. Yan and his wife were having marriage problems this unexpected surprise had brought more unwanted rumors. Very little can forget the reaction Mrs. Yan had when she saw her husband’s arms around another woman as the pair walked down the red carpet. This unexpected guest was Miss. Hebe Tian, Mr. Yan’s long time girlfriend before they split and Mr. Yan married his wife, Gui Gui Wu. Mrs. Yan, when still in school, was thought of to be very promising with a business state of mind. Though when the merger of the two biggest corporations in the country came she slipped into the shadows. We are only blessed to see her though these special events. We all...”

I couldn’t take it anymore, I couldn’t listen to another word they were saying. It was hard enough to be there seeing everything happen in front of my own eyes.

Flashback

“Gui where is Aaron?” asked YaTou when I walked down the red carpet by myself.

“I don’t know, he wont pick up his phone.” I said though my smile as I kept a happy face on for the press.

All I could here around me were the screams of people calling out my name. There were millions of flashes that were happening all at one time I didn’t have time to stop and look worried. I made my way down the red carpet withe YaTou by my side. Stopping for more pictures, side interviews and autographs. As the next cluster of car doors open you could see the reaction of everyone’s faces. Once people saw what was before them they all stopped for a second to take in the sight. Aaron. My husband, having his arm warped around Hebe’s small body and landing on her waist. All the flashes and screams stopped. Then the next second, when everyone came out of their trance the screams and flashes were a million time stronger. Not only were the cameras pointed at Aaron and Hebe but also me. Millions of people trying to capture the reaction of the wife of Taiwan's youngest, handsomest, and most powerful man of the 21st century. As I caught myself with my eyes almost coming out of my head I regained my composure and just stood there. I watched as they made their way down acting like what they were doing was not wrong at all. I smiled at the cameras there were still taking pictures of me and continued inside.

“Are you okay Gui?” YaTou asked me, once we got into the banquet hall.

“Yeah I’m fine.” I said with a stiff smile. “Excuse me I’m going to get some water, do you want one?” Before YaTou could even answer my question I already started to head towards the bar. Once I got there I got my glass of water and chugged it down like it was nothing. As I finished the bar tender looked at me with amazement.

“You want more water?” He said with a sweet smile.

“Sure. Thanks.” I said handing him back my glass.

“You know it’s not everyday that I get to serve water to one of the very few beautiful women left there in Taiwan.” He said handing me back my glass.

After downing that one too, I gave him a faint smile.

“Does that line actually work on girls?” I said handing him my glass again.

“I wouldn’t know I’ve never used it before.” He told me truthfully

“I’m Gui Gui. And you are?”

“Prince Charming” He said with a wink.

“Really Prince Charming? How original.” I said teasingly

“If we meet each other again, I promise I’ll tell you my name Ms. Wu.” Finally giving me my glass of water.

“Sure Prince. I look forward to the day.” I said with a smile.

I walked around the room trying to avoid Aaron and Hebe. But I knew that sooner or later I would have to deal with this and as of right now I choose later. After a couple of hours of making small talk with the guest around the room I finally couldn’t take it. I was tired and I wanted to go home. I kept getting the same sad expression from everyone once I said hi to them. The old “oh” face is something I hate the most, it’s were people give you that sad looking smile that they pity you because of what they saw or heard. As I walked out the doors the press had finally gone and there was no one. I folded my arms over my chest in order to keep warm. Being forgetful as I am I forgot to bring a jacket. Not really caring if I was cold or not I started to walk down the empty streets.

“Oh Princess!” I head someone yell. As I turned I saw that it was that bar tender.

“Charming, oh now cliché of you to show in my time of need.” I said with a light laugh.

“It comes with the job description.”

I felt amused with this guy around. It seemed like I didn’t have to worry about anything when he was around.

“Hey you want to grab something to eat?” I ask as I felt my stomach grumble.

“Sorry don’t go out to eat with strangers.”

“Even if this stranger is a princess?”

“No, more like when this princess already turned into a queen and has a king.”

I pause for a moment taking the time to look at my feet. “Right.” I say quietly.

No answer. All I felt was a warm jacket being put over my cold shoulders. When I looked up Charming was already walking away with his hands in his pockets.

“Thank you!” I shout

All he does is wave to me with his back still turned and continued walking. As I put my arms through the arm holes and my hands in the pockets I felt a note in one of them.

Note: This prince would still love to see his queen. If she is willing please meet me tomorrow at 5:00 am at Star Delamore.

P.S. Lets see if this queen can get out of her royal bed a such an early time.

With that I started to walk home, happy with myself. I now have something to look forward to instead of all the distractions I put myself through. Though walking home was a stupid idea after about an hour of walking in my shoes I just decided to get a cab. I kept the note in my hand, making sure I don’t lose it.

When I got home I went straight to my room and into bed to make sure I wake up. Even with all of the things that happened tonight, I still went to sleep with a smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aaron’s POV

After I dropped Hebe off at her house I started driving home. This whole night I just felt blank. After the walk down the red carpet I felt powerful, but once I got inside, I just needed to see the look on Gui Gui’s face. Maybe this will finally make her divorce me. I headed to the bar making that the first place I knew she would go to. When she is flustered she likes to drink water. It didn’t take much for me to spot her, with her dress being such a different color from all the rest of the women. She looked worried and anxious as she drank her first glass of water. Then cam her second glass and it looked like she was having a conversation with the bar tender. He smiled at her and she smiled back. She took two more glasses of water and left the bar. I didn’t feel the satisfaction that I was hoping to get.

Once I got home all the lights were off, as usual, and heading upstairs. Once I opened the bedroom door, I found that Gui Gui was already fast asleep. It seemed like she was in a hurry to get to bed since her dress was just thrown onto the corner chair and her shoes weren’t even put away. She didn’t even bother taking off her make up but it didn’t seem like she was sad going to sleep, she actually had a smile on his face.

It was already 2 in the morning when I got home. Though me and Gui have been sharing the same bed for about a year now, it’s hard to say that we actually “share” it. We just sleep in the same bed and nothing more. I still couldn’t sleep like every night and so I just laid down in bed with my eyes closed. Even after two hours I still couldn’t sleep. Suddenly I heard what sounded like Gui’s phone alarm. I was about to go turn it off, but Gui Gui got out of bed and shut it off. Then she went into the bathroom and took a shower. A few minutes later she was out and heading to her closet.

‘What is she doing?’ I though to myself.

She came back out with black skinny jeans, a plain white v neck shirt, her black leather jacket and some high top Chuck Taylor’s. She went back into the bathroom where she had the light on to go check her make up. Before she left she slung her small purse over her and grabbed another jacket that was under her dress. Then she left, to god knows where. All I could hear is Gui starting up her car and driving away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry I have to ger ready for school. I woke up early today to make myself finish this post.. Oh by the way I forgot to tell you guys that I might not be able to update as much with this being my last week of school I need to finish a lot of projects. Please understand but I'll make sure when every I get the chance to update I will. ^^ Even if I have to go back to using paper and pen xD
Well please tell me what you though about this chapter.

1. Who do you thing Prince Charming is?
2. What did Gui Gui do at Star Delamore?