Chapter 1

I Can't Make You Love Me (by stargazer25)

Chapter 1

So this is just the background of the story so sorry if it's boring but it must be done lol
Oh btw this chapter is dedicated to xiaogui23 and Guilun_LOVE for being the first two to comment on this fanfic.
Enjoy~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gui Gui's POV

5 Years Ago

"Don't fret my dear child, this school will be good for you. You will meet new people and be able to try new things. Please all I'm asking is for one month and if you still don't like it I'll find you a new school, okay?"

"Okay Father, but remember ONE MONTH and that's all."

"Yes one month. Now run along we're here already."

"See you at home Father."

As I stepped out of my father's car I could see the whole school student body looking at me. Oh the joy. I just hope this one month goes by quickly.

I tried to look confident as I walked down the halls towards my first class. By studying the school map weeks in advance I knew my "new school" like the back of my hand. Now with my head held high I kept walking straight to class...

"Hi you're the new student right?" chirped a petit girl with a cute smile and long reddish brown hair.

"Yes I am, and you are?" asked Gui Gui with a confused face.

"Sorry, where are my manners my name is Ya Tou, President of the welcoming committee" as she extended a hand out to me.

'Wow this girl must be crazy.' I thought to myself before I took her hand.

"Oh hi, nice meeting you, my name is Gui Gui Wu"

"Hi Gui Gui, well if you ever need a friend, study buddy, tour guide or anything else just come find me."

"Okay, sure thanks." I said though a stiff smile.

"Well I have to go to class now so I guess I'll see you around."

"Definitely! Have a great first day." waved Ya Tou before she bounced away with her beaming smile stretching from ear to ear.

~~~~~

4 Years Ago

"Gui Gui! But I promised my brother that I would go to his party tonight and I really can't flake this time."

"But Ya Tou I don't want to go to your brother's party. I haven't even met him yet!"

"Oh well I'll just introduce you two at the party, just please do this for me. Being the only high schooler at a college part is not as interesting as it seems, when you don't have anyone to talk to"

"Okay fine! But you totally owe me."

"Yes! Thank you so much! But I have to go so I'll see you at my house later!" yelled Ya Tou as she was in a hurry to get home to help her brother set up for the party.

Later that night.

"Gui!" yelled Ya Tou over the blasting music. "This is my brother Aaron. Aaron Gu this is my friend Gui Gui."

"Hi nice to meet you Gui" said Aaron with a friendly smile.

"Same here. It's nice to be able to put a face to a name, with how much Ya Tou talks about you."

"Hopefully it's all good things." as Aaron turned to Ya Tou with a playful grin.

~~~~~

3 Year Ago

"Ya Tou, Gui I would like the both of you to meet my girlfriend Hebe."

"Hi, nice to meet you both. Aaron has told me so much about the both of you." said Hebe extending a hand out.

"Nice to meet you too." said Ya Tou with a worried expression on her face as she took Hebe's hand first. Just by the look on my face she knew that I was dying on the inside. It had take Ya Tou a whole year to convince me that I should tell her brother that I like him and of all nights in the year I had to pick this one. The very same one that he tells us that he has a girlfriend of his own now.

~~~~~

2 Years Ago

"Aaron, son, we have put a lot of thought into this. And we know that you might not like this idea but..."

"What is it Ba?" asked Aaron with a worried tone.

"You're Mother and I think that it's better if you marry Gui Gui rather then Hebe."

"What!"

"Don't shout at us like that Aaron Yan."

"You mean to tell me that I have to marry some other girl rather then the woman I love and you still expect me not to shout?!"

As I stood in the corner next to Ya Tou we could see that Aaron's anger was only growing with every second. As the shouting continued I felt like Aaron was not only yelling at his parents but also at me. I felt a pang in my heart when Aaron referred to me as a girl and yet said that Hebe was a woman.

"We think that will be the best for you and the company son."

"I knew this had to do something with the company!" shouted Aaron as he clenched his hair in frustration. "So what let me guess if I marry Gui Gui both her families and our families companies will merge together and gain all of you guys more money? Am I right?"

"Well yes but we are not doing this for the money son."

"Really are you sure about that?" said Aaron in a condescending tone to his father.

"Don't you dare go there Aaron Yan. This decision is final and there is nothing you can do about it."

As Aaron gave a out a grunt of frustration he turned and looked at me with dagger eyes. There was pain in his eyes but mainly hate. Hate that seemed was for me and me alone. It shook me to my core. As he stormed out of the room he slammed the door and then room became quiet.

I didn't notice but there was quiet stream of tears running down my face.

~~~~~

1 Year Ago

"Aaron where are you going this late at night?" I asked while I ran after Aaron

"It doesn't concern you Gui, go back home." Aaron said coldly with his back faced to me.

"Well I think it does, I'm your wife!"

"You think just because you are my wife that I need to tell you anything? If I really loved you maybe I would tell you where I am going, but I don't. I don't love you Gui! When are you going to realize that!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay I think that is enough lol.
Sorry it's only the back story but the next chapter will be in the present day. ^^
So how did you guys like it?
Please don't mind if there are any misspellings or grammar problems, english was never my strongest subjects ^^
Comment please >_^
~Stargazer25