Truth

Her Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The truth was out. It came to light as soon as Seohyun returned to the room, accompanied by Yuri and Yoona. There really was no other way to explain how Taeyeon was capable of incapacitating not one, not two, but three grown men and with the place crawling full of police, lying was out of the question.

After their statements were taken, both Taeyeon and Tiffany were sent to the hospital to get a physical check-up. Taeyeon in particular, needed some medical attention for the cut on her arm. The blood had dried up into a clot by then and Taeyeon didn’t think it was serious but everything had to be documented for the record. This wasn’t anything new to her and she understood the necessity, so she tolerated the whole process graciously.

Running through her mind as the nurse treated her wound, was the conversation she had with Mr. Hwang. How worried he had sounded. How panicked he was. All those responses were typical of a doting father yet something bleeped on her mental radar. Call it instinct, call it a gut feeling, but something didn’t feel right. The fact that he spent this much money to hire her. The fact that his anxiety seemed to come from a place that had been dreading this would happen. This break-in was not a random occurrence.

Naturally, Mr. Hwang had ordered her to bring Tiffany back to Seoul immediately. But Taeyeon wanted a little more time. She needed some time to get hold of the assailants’ statements first. Fortunately for her, they couldn’t leave Singapore just yet. The police required them to assist in the investigations and to do that, they had to visit the police station the next day, after getting sufficient rest.

But another problem presented itself when they returned to the hotel. It was Tiffany and her fear. They had sent Seohyun to Yuri and Yoona’s room for the night and Tiffany didn’t want to sleep in another room by herself.

“I won’t let you sleep alone either,” Taeyeon replied, when Tiffany voiced her concerns.

“What do you mean?” Tiffany asked.

“You can either come to my room with me, or I will accompany you to the new room and stay there with you.”

Tiffany’s reply was almost instantaneous. “Your room.”

Taeyeon nodded and without another word, took Tiffany’s hand and led the way. Tiffany held her arm the entire time, holding on even after the door closed behind them. Understanding how traumatised Tiffany must have been, Taeyeon was gentle with her, patting her arm while suggesting she take a shower before sleeping. Tiffany nodded so Taeyeon took out a clean nightdress of her own and handed it to her.

“What is this?”

“I thought you might want to change into something comfortable to sleep in.”

Tiffany had a little crooked smile on her face as she held up the oversized shapeless grey dress. “You wear this to sleep?”

“It looks worn but it’s very comfortable,” Taeyeon answered, annoyed at the embarrassment that lurked inside. “It’s okay if you don’t want to wear it.”

“Thank you.”

Taeyeon’s impending frown receded and she almost gasped when Tiffany gave her a bear hug.

“Thank you for saving me.”

“You’re welcome.”

“I’m sorry you got hurt.” Tiffany pulled back and looked at the gauze on Taeyeon’s arm. “I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter