Honour, Anger

Her Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her father wanted her to rest right away but Tiffany wasn’t having it. As worn out and sore as she was, she knew she wouldn’t be able to fall asleep until her father explained everything to her. It infuriated her that Taeyeon had known something was up all along. Her bodyguard had been in cahoots with whatever her father had been doing and she was the only fool who was kept in the dark. But this ‘fool’ status of hers was going to end tonight.

“I’m all ears, Daddy,” she said, refusing to budge from the leather chair in her father’s study. “What secrets have you been keeping from me?”

Her father heaved a deep sigh. “There are things I can’t tell you, my dear.”

“But you told Taeyeon!”

“I didn’t tell her anything about it. She only came to suspect something after the men attacked you in Singapore.”

Tiffany’s eyes grew wide. “You mean, they weren’t just thieves?”

“I’m afraid not.”

Tiffany felt quite sick suddenly. “Daddy, did you do something wrong?”

“I didn’t.”

“Then why?”

“I can’t give away too many details, but you will see it in the news soon.”

“The news?” Tiffany didn’t know if her father was fibbing or not.

“Yes, it will be all over the papers once the prosecutors get a warrant to search the offices.”

“You’re confusing me, Daddy.”

“I’ll put it simply.” Her father rubbed his face, looking ten years older all of a sudden. “Some very powerful people have been dishonest in conducting their business. They’ve been cutting cost with cheap and unregulated dyes that are harmful to people who are in contact with the fabrics. And some corrupt politicians have been helping them to cover it up.”

“So you’re a spy?”

“Not really. I was in the position to help the investigation so I helped with what I could. There was some risk in doing this but I have been trying my best to protect you from possible threats. When you were kidnapped from the gala, I had been ready to hand over the information necessary to prosecute them but I held my information back until you were rescued.”

“So when Taeyeon asked those questions . . . it was about this?”

Her father nodded slowly.

“Which means Taeyeon knew that I was in danger right from the start?”

“She is the kind of bodyguard who would be expecting danger.”

Her father’s words brought back Taeyeon’s explanation of the various types of bodyguards to Tiffany and it dis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter