Singapore

Her Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As much as she didn’t enjoy the eyes of curious shoppers on her, Taeyeon gritted her teeth and persevered. The shopping baskets were filled with sanitary pads by now and she had just two more packets of tampons to go. Super compact. Got them. Sixteen packets of various sizes. Checking them out was another embarrassing experience as surrounding shoppers stared openly at the overflowing baskets of liners, pads and tampons. How did she end up with a client like this? As demanding as her previous clients were, none of they were quite as immature. But Mr. Hwang paid handsomely, almost twice as much as the other client, and the money would come in handy.

After the payment process was completed, Taeyeon returned to the car and handed Tiffany four shopping bags. “Green tea scented and Barely There liners. Ultra-thin 24cm, 28 and 32cm. Overnight 35cm and 41cm. Super compact tampons. Two packets of each type. That’s a total of sixteen packets. You are sufficiently covered for the next two years or so.”

Closing the door on the stunned face of Tiffany, Taeyeon found her lips curling as she got into the driver’s seat. It might have been a little embarrassing but it was amusing too. This job was shaping up to be an interesting experience.

The rich girl kept her eyes on her phone the entire journey home and she got out of the car by herself without waiting for Taeyeon to open the door for her. However, before she could enter the house, Taeyeon stopped her.

“Tiffany, your shopping will be brought to your room after the car is parked.”

Tiffany nodded without replying and continued straight into the house. Taeyeon stood till the door closed behind Tiffany, then she went ahead and parked the car. All things considered, this was a relatively uneventful day at work.

¤¤¤

Part of her job as a bodyguard was to scout the area surrounding her client’s home and studio. It was what she expected of herself. Over the next three days, Taeyeon came to know every little path and corner around Tiffany’s house and the roads that led to it. She also came to know the café at the junction that Tiffany liked to visit for a cup of Americano. A Piacere. The café belonged to Tiffany’s friend who came from a family that owned a chain of cafés in Seoul and around the country. That friend was Yuri. Kwon Yuri. One of the friends Tiffany was going on the trip with.

To prepare for the trip to Singapore, Taeyeon studied the information she had on Tiffany’s friends. There was Kwon Yuri, 27, a barista and owner of A Piacere. It was an independent venture, started up and managed by the woman herself. Then there was Im Yoona, 26, an investment banker and a very close friend of Yuri’s. The third friend was Seo Juhyun, 25, a rising star in the world of musicals. All three hailed from families that afforded them the luxury to be free of financial worries. Quite like Tiffany.

The flight to Singapore was first class on Singapore Airlines. Taeyeon was seated in first class as well, two rows behind Tiffany. While this was not her flight in first class, Taeyeon had never had the luxury of truly enjoying and relaxing during the flight. Throughout the eight-hour flight, Taeyeon did not close her eyes to sleep. Her eyes were constantly roving around, watching the stewards and stewardesses walking up and down the aisle delivering hot towels and serving their meals. But this was her job and she had no complaints.

¤¤¤

Taeyeon walked behind Tiffany and the three friends with her luggage on wheels. As a group of four, she had to admit that they were attractive. Indeed, eyes turned to them wherever they went, and the path they walked could have been the red carpet at a star-studded event.

Yuri, Yoona and Seohyun (the name she went by) were tall and slim and formed an eye-catchin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter