Therapy

Her Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seeing her ex-client’s daughter walking towards her brought a warm, fuzzy feeling into Taeyeon’s heart. It was such a relief, getting everything out into the open three days ago. Although she wasn’t exactly shy when it came to getting herself a girlfriend, it had been some time since she had one and being out of practice led to some uncertainty.

While there had been signs and a certain amount of body language that pointed in the direction she thought Tiffany swung, she couldn’t be completely sure. And then there was also the huge obstacle wedged between them since she was working as Tiffany’s bodyguard. She was highly aware of how misleading it could be when she was in such a position and it went against everything she stood for a bodyguard. Quite akin to a teacher dating a student in some ways—the more commonly debated example when it came to controversial romance.

But even though she tried her best to enforce the wall of professional distance between Tiffany and herself, it had become increasingly harder to stop herself from admiring the person she was supposed to protect. And her reasons for protecting Tiffany had become a little more complicated as well. Altogether, a recipe for a workplace disaster.

It was inevitable. And her contract with Mr. Hwang was slated to run out soon anyway. Which was quite convenient in that sense. But it didn’t make meeting Tiffany in the café any easier. It didn’t make confessing any less nerve wrecking either. The question had to be asked and if her gut feeling had been wrong, it would have been terribly awkward.

Fortunately for her, Tiffany’s answer—or answering question—had told her everything she wanted to know and wished to hear. She was happy, simply put. Happy to have Tiffany’s hand in hers. Happy when Tiffany let her kiss her hand. Happy when Tiffany agreed to see the counsellor.

“Hi,” she said when Tiffany drew closer. Wearing a smile, she held her hand out for Tiffany and her heart was glad when Tiffany took it easily, as though it were the most natural thing to do. “Dr Kim Hee Chul is waiting.”

“Kim Hee Chul?” Tiffany resisted with a tug of her hand. “He’s a guy?”

“Yes, it’s a ‘he’ but don’t worry, he’s very good.”

“I’m trusting you on this.”

Taeyeon smiled at Tiffany’s frown. “Yes, you can trust me. If you don’t think he’s good after today’s session, you can ask me for compensation.”

Tiffany’s eyes sparkle with glee. “What kind of compensation?”

“Whatever you can think of.”

“Really?”

Taeyeon nodded. “I’m that confident in my recommendation.”

“Hmpf. We shall see.”

¤¤¤

Taeyeon had to wait outside the doctor’s office while Tiffany was having her first session with Dr Kim. After some time, a conversation started with the girl handling the reception. They chatted about random things like music and good places to eat in the vicinity of the counsellor’s office. At one point, the girl had some problems with her computer’s internet connection so Taeyeon tried to help. She was bent over the keyboard beside the girl and in the middle of troubleshooting when the door opened. Looking up, Taeyeon met Tiffany’s eyes and she straightened up. A spark of something flared in the woman’s eyes but Taeyeon wasn’t sure what it was.

“How was the session?” she asked Tiffany as she rounded the table.

Dr Kim stepped out and joined them. “It was a good opening session with Tiffany. I’ll see her back here next week.”

“That’s just your side of it, Dr Kim,” Taeyeon countered with a smile. Turning back to Tiffany, she asked again, “Was it good for you?”

“Good. It was good. But looks like it’s even better for you.”

Taeyeon was taken aback by the biting comment. “What do you mean?”

“You know what I mean.”

Taeyeon was stunned when Tiffany left the office in a huff. She turned to Dr Kim with wide open eyes, wondering what had caused that little episode and he shook his head.

“Taeyeon, she’s feeling rather sensitive after the session so you will need to be patient with her.”

With a nod, Taeyeon headed for the door to chase after Tiffany. “I will. Thank you, Dr Kim.”

“Remember to bring her back next week.”

Taeyeon left the office in a jog and caught up with Tiffany quickly. She jogged to the front and stood before Tiffany, stopping the woman from stomping on. “What’s wrong? What did I do?”

“You’re asking me.”

“Yes. I’m asking because I don’t know. If you’d just tell me, I’d be able to fix it.”

“You need me to tell you. Okay. I’ll tell you. It to go through ty memories inside and talk about them and then come out and see you laughing and enjoying yourself outside. It .”

“I wasn’t laughing and enjoying myself.”

“You were. You were having fun outside with the girl. Laughing at me while I was inside crying.”

“I would never laugh about this. I’ve been through the same things before. Remember what I told you?” Taeyeon took a firm hold of Tiffany’s arm and marched th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter