Face Off

Her Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Several plans ran through Taeyeon’s mind as she lay on the mattress next to Tiffany. It was safe to say Cassie had been given orders to hurt Tiffany. She noted Cassie’s unhappiness too. It could be a turning point for Tiffany when it came to the crunch. Being free of bonds, Taeyeon knew she had just one chance to make an escape. Should she fail, Tiffany would suffer and they would not be given another chance to get away. Over on the other side of the shed, Cassie was raising her voice again. This time, Taeyeon could hear one of the men too. And it didn’t take her long to identify him as Hoon, the meaner of the two men.

“What’s the ing problem? You too scared?”

“Use your brains, Hoon. They’re just using us.”

“Cut the friend’s finger. They won’t know the difference.”

“Her father isn’t a stupid man. He’ll know.”

“If you too scared to do it, I can.”

“They didn’t pay us for it. And it’s not the same when you start cutting them up. That’s another charge.”

“You just scared.”

“. This is business. If you gonna do things your way, get out.”

A sudden slam of the table jolted Taeyeon’s eyes open. Hoon was shouting vulgarities now. Cassie going head to head with him. The other guy yelling at them to stop. Next to her, Tiffany was trembling so Taeyeon squeezed her arm to assure her.

“Stay still,” she whispered.

Right then a gunshot rang out, deafening her. Inevitably, Tiffany screamed and that attracted their attention.

Damn it. Taeyeon peeped over Tiffany’s shoulder and saw Hoon storming towards them, gun in hand. It was now or never.

Despite the slight throb in her head from the fever and medicine, Taeyeon held Tiffany still until the very last moment. Then, with a swift roll, Taeyeon lifted her leg and swung it at the gun just as it got within reach. The next kick was aimed at the injured wrist. It provoked a pained cry and brought a grimace to Hoon’s frowning face. Taeyeon lost no time in using the momentum to flip onto her feet and then it was a race for the gun.

There was shouting and yelling but Taeyeon zoned everything out as she dived for the gun. Hoon’s hand almost got to it but she managed to push it out of the way and grab the gun with her left hand. Once she got it, it was a matter of putting enough distance between herself and the man. But Tiffany’s scream ended it all.

“Drop the gun now!” Cassie hollered.

Taeyeon kept her gun pointed at Hoon and shifted to get visio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter