Fine

Her Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After pummelling Taeyeon in an outpour of emotions, Tiffany finally stopped screaming, but it seemed as though the entire household had heard her for they came running to the kitchen with her father close behind.

“What happened, honey?” asked her father.

“Nothing. Go away.”

“My dear—”

Tiffany pushed her father’s hand away and hid behind Taeyeon. “I don’t want to talk to you.”

Her father’s shoulders slumped in defeat and he sighed. “Alright, I won’t say anymore.” Turning to Taeyeon, he said, “Please take care of Tiffany.”

Tiffany’s heart lightened when her bodyguard agreed. Taeyeon was back for her. She knew Taeyeon would come back. But Taeyeon stepped away from her and turned to face her with a solemn expression once they were left alone.

“Why didn’t you tell me you were back?” asked Tiffany

“I was going to show myself tomorrow morning.”

“I-I miss you.”

Taeyeon stood blinking and a wave of embarrassment overcame Tiffany.

“You’re the only bodyguard I can trust. I didn’t sleep well last night without you around.”

“I did tell your father that you should see a counsellor but he told me you refused to see one.”

“I don’t need a counsellor. I’m fine.”

“But you said you didn’t sleep well.”

“It’s just one night. Like what happened in Singapore. I got over it soon enough.”

“Tiffany, being kid—”

“Shut up. I don’t wanna talk about it.”

“You’re not fine if you don’t wanna talk about it.”

“I’m fine if I say I’m fine.”

“You’re very stubborn.”

“I could say the same about you.”

Taeyeon shook her head. “This will never end. Please excuse me, I’ll be starting my patrol now.”

“Fine.”

Taeyeon gave her a polite nod and left the kitchen with the glass of water that was on the counter top. Meanwhile, Tiffany stood still, steaming with irritation. Taeyeon was just as stiff as before, as though they had not gone through everything together.

Stupid bodyguard. Stupid Taeyeon.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter