Ouch

Her Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Life would be so much better if it were like the movies. If life were like the movies, Taeyeon would have been able to walk away from the scene like a superhero and drive off into the sunset with her girlfriend in her million dollar supercar. Instead, Taeyeon ended up bogged down by police paperwork and testaments and hospital procedures and more paperwork and time spent waiting around.

Tiffany had been whisked off to get her cut tended to and was probably going to have to get it stitched, if Taeyeon’s judgement of the wound was accurate enough. So, it was going to be some time before Taeyeon could get to see Tiffany again.

¤¤¤

The inside of Taeyeon’s body was protesting every move she made. Something was definitely wrong with her so she was hardly surprised when the results of her check-up revealed a fracture in her ribs. It made sense, since even the smallest breath caused her pain. And although she couldn’t see it, Taeyeon was pretty sure there would be a hideous bruise forming on her back right now.

Thankful for the moderate extent of her injuries, Taeyeon thanked the doctor for her time and hobbled out to the corridor. Much to her surprise, Tiffany was sitting there with her father, cradling her injured arm as she waited.

“Taeyeon!”

Taeyeon stepped back, putting her hand out to stop Tiffany from embracing her. “Before you come any closer, I need to tell you I’ve got a fractured rib so hugging me is probably a bad idea.”

“Oh no! Why are they letting walk about with a fractured rib!”

Taeyeon had the urge to laugh but she suppressed it, knowing it would hurt. “It’s not a big deal, Tiffany. I can walk about on my own.”

“It’s a fractured rib. How is it not a big deal? And your cheek! What happened to it?”

Taeyeon smiled despite the pain that shot through her face when she moved her muscles there. “Tiffany, calm down. My injuries look and sound a lot worse than they really are.”

“I think you’re the one downplaying your injuries too much.”

Taeyeon chuckled, wincing when pain struck.

“See? You’re in pain!” Tiffany frowned and gripped her shoulders, moving her towards the seats at the side. “You gotta sit down. Stop playing the hero, Taeyeon. I’ll get you a wheelchair.” Just then, the doctor exited the room—an unfortunate timing for him because Tiffany was in his face the next moment, demanding to know why Taeyeon was left to fend for herself when she was so seriously injured.

Taeyeon simply sat where she was and left it to the unlucky doctor to explain Taeyeon’s injuries to the excessively anxious girlfriend of hers. It had definitely been a long while since anyone fussed over her like Mother Hen Tiffany, and in a moment of self-indulgence, she allowed herself to sink into the warm glow that came from being loved by someone she loved.

A few minutes later, Tiffany’s father finally managed to pry her away from the poor badgered doctor. But Tiffany was still unsatisfied with what she perceived as lack of care for Taeyeon, the patient.

“You don’t get a say in this, Taeyeon. You’re obviously not gonna take good care of yourself so you’re coming home with me.”

“What? No, I’m not gonna do that.”

“How are you gonna take care of yourself with all your injuries? How are you gonna cook meals with a fractured rib?”

“Tiffany, you’re injured too,” said Taeyeon, pointing at Tiffany’s injured arm.

Tiffany waved her uninjured arm, dismissing Taeyeon’s point. “We have a cook in my house. You know that.”

“Can I say no?”

“No.”

At this point, Mr. Hwang stepped in. “Taeyeon, you are welcome to stay with us during your recovery period. My daughter is right. It will be better for you and we can help to take care of you during this time.”

“But—”

“You saved my daughter’s life not just once or twice. This is much more than any amount of money can pay for. Please let me repay you with my hospitality.”

With Mr. Hwang’s sincere request used as a chip in the bargain, Taeyeon couldn’t find

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter