Boo

Her Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sensation of Taeyeon’s lips on hers lingered for the next few hours, all the way till darkness fell. It lasted through dinner, her bath, up to the point where Tiffany got into bed and snuggled under the sheets. There she lay, comfortable and blissful after a good day out with her girlfriend. But she didn’t go to sleep. She was waiting. Waiting for someone to call. And that someone was about to call in three, two, one . . .

“Hello, boo,” Tiffany answered the call even before the first ring ended.

“Hey, baby.”

Tiffany giggled. “Are you going to work now?”

“I’m getting ready.”

“I wish you didn’t have to go to work at this time.”

“Just for this period of time, baby. Till this job is done.”

“Who are you protecting this time?”

“You gotta stop asking. I really can’t tell you.”

Tiffany pouted.

“And don’t pout.”

“I’m not pouting.”

“Don’t lie.”

Tiffany stopped pouting. “I’m not pouting.”

“Alright. I gotta go now.”

“Stay safe.”

“I will. Sweet dreams, baby.”

Tiffany blew a kiss into the phone and grinned when Taeyeon returned it after a pause. Maybe with this kiss, she wouldn’t have a nightmare tonight.

¤¤¤

She still did. But it wasn’t as scary and gruesome as the other nightmares had been. No blood, no guns. Just a chase that ended with her being caught. She woke up breathing hard with her heart pumping fast and sat up in bed, looking around in a panic.

“I’m okay. I’m safe,” Tiffany said to herself, remembering what Dr Kim said about these nightmares. After taking a few deep breaths, she felt calmer. Taeyeon was right. It did get easier with time. She could get over it. It was alright.

She washed up in her bathroom and made her way down to the dining room. Her father was having his breakfast there and the sight of him still triggered unhappiness in her after almost three weeks.

“Good morning, dear.”

“Morning, Dad,” Tiffany replied without enthusiasm.

“Did you sleep well last night?”

“No.”

“Did you have a nightmare again?”

Tiffany exhaled through her nose. “It’s not like you cared when it mattered, did you.”

“Honey, I really—”

Tiffany stood up in a huff, interrupting her father. Turning to a household staff, she instructed the woman to bring her breakfast up. “I’ll eat my breakfast in my room.” And with that, she left the table and marched straight back to her room before her father could ask her to stay.

When she got back to her room, she realised that she had a missed call from Taeyeon. A smile replaced the frown instantly and she quickly made a call to Taeyeon.

“Good morning, babe,” said Taeyeon, sounding rather subdued.

“Good morning, boo.” Tiffany frowned, not liking how her girlfriend sounded. “Did you get injured or something?”

“No. I’m not hurt. I’m just tired.”

“Then you should rest.”

“I’m going to. I just wanted to call before that.”

Tiffany pouted. “I miss you already.”

“Don’t pout.”

“I’ll pout if I want to pout. If you don’t want me to pout, come over and cheer me up with a hug.”

Taeyeon chuckled. “Just a hug? That’s all you need?”

Tiffany scoffed. “That’s all I need but I’m not so sure about you.”

“You’re such a big liar.”

“Look who’s talking. You’re the one who said we should wait. Then less than one minute later, you’re the one all up in my face kissing me like a hungry jellyfish.”

“Hungry jellyfish? Are you comparing my kiss to a jellyfish?”

“A jellyfish is a compliment. If I wanted to insult your kissing proficiency, I would’ve said you kiss like a toilet pump.”

“Now you’re just trying to piss me off.”

“So what if I am?”

“Brat.”

“Are you talking about me?”

“No, I’m talking about the pretty girl I’m protecting right now.”

Tiffany’s nostrils flared. “What? What pretty girl?”

“My new client’s daughter. She’s rich like you and very pretty too.”

“Are you serious right now?”

“Very.”

“Quit your job. Right now.”

“What? Why?”

“You’re not allowed to protect pretty girls.”

“What about you? Am I allowed to protect you?”

“You’re supposed to protect me. I’m your girlfriend.”

“I can protect you and her too.”

“No!”

There was a little groan, followed by Taeyeon saying, “Please don’t scream into the phone. I almost went deaf because of that.”

“I’m gonna go over there and tie you up so you can’t go to work tonight.”

Taeyeon chuckled. “Do you know where I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter