Okay

Her Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cassie came back alone, as Taeyeon predicted. Hoon’s gunshot wound would render him useless to her for a while and Hyuk was probably going to stay with him to help for now. This was perfect. This was the best time to do it.

With Cassie’s mobile phone tucked away under her dress, Taeyeon began heaving. Looking alarmed, Tiffany called for Cassie’s attention. The kidnapper came to look and growled, “What’s wrong with you now.”

“She’s gonna vomit,” said Tiffany.

“Don’t bull me.”

“But she really is gonna puke. I think there was something wrong with the sandwiches. My tummy hurts a little too. And Taeyeon’s already got fever, it’s gonna get worse.”

Taeyeon made a horrendous sound and bent over again, coughing like a dying woman.

“. Don’t ing puke in here.” Cassie pointed her gun at Taeyeon. “Get outside.”

“Can I go with her? She needs help,” Tiffany asked but found the gun pointing at her instead.

“She goes alone. And if she doesn’t come back, you’re a dead .”

Taeyeon shook her head at Cassie. “Don’t worry. I’ll come back.”

Cassie unlocked the door and opened it. “Move.”

Taeyeon dashed out and headed for the grass. Stopping by a nearby tree, she bent and heaved. Out of a corner of her eye, she could see Cassie standing at the door so more acting was required. It wasn’t difficult for her since she did the act frequently in school to get out of classes and as she forced her coughs out, her eyes sneaked peeks at the door every other second. The moment Cassie disappeared from the door, Taeyeon reached into her dress and pulled out the mobile phone she stole. With all her strength, she hurled it into the green and returned to her bent stance before Cassie reappeared. Job done, Taeyeon coughed and heaved a few more times before walking back to the shed.

“Thank you,” she said to Cassie while passing her by but the woman merely grunted locked the door.

Taeyeon winked at Tiffany with her back to Cassie. Good job, she mouthed and smiled when Tiffany gave her a hug.

“Troublesome idiots,” Cassie growled and took her place on her usual chair.

Without nothing else to do but wait, Taeyeon sat back with Tiffany and closed her eyes. Until Tiffany asked a question.

“Do you think she feels anything for you?”

Taeyeon opened her eyes and turned to meet Tiffany’s honest ones. “Cassie?”

“Mhm.”

“I doubt she does.”

“Not even a little bit?”

“Why would you think that?”

“She gives you a lot of freedom.”

“She knows there’s no way for me to escape. And I promised not to run.”

“But why would she trust you?”

“Because I didn’t shoot her when I could have and I haven’t run away.”

Tiffany looked thoughtful for a moment. “How did you break up?”

Taeyeon paused. “It was a natural progression. I was sent to juvenile training school and she went to jail because she was older. I only visited her once after I graduated and it was awkward.”

“Why?”

Taeyeon shrugged. “Maybe because she was still in jail. Maybe because she had a grudge against me.”

“But why would she bear a grudge?”

“She was probably pissed because I didn’t take the rap for the party drugs that night.”

Tiffany’s fingers gripped Taeyeon’s arm. “You mean she tried to pin it on you?”

“Yeah.”

“And why aren’t you mad about it?”

“I was back then. But I don’t hate her for it anymore.”

“Cos she’s a disloyal not worth your hate?”

Taeyeon chuckled. “Cos I kinda understand why she did it.”

“Cos she’s a ing coward?”

Shaking her head, Taeyeon replied, “Cos I was younger. I could afford to take the charge and just go to juvenile training

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter