Lie

Wolf's Trail [Blood Moon Cycle #2]

Ken

Things aren't going as planned. I ran my fingers through my brown hair and let out a sigh, staring at the weeping girl beside me. 'What happened? This is a really big mistake Ken. My pack will kill me if they find out!'

Her fingers gripped the bed sheets as she continued to cry in agony. My mind went blank. Maybe I took this a little too far.

'Yura, just stay with me..' She turned to me and her crystal blue eyes glared sharply. 'No!!' 'Why would you want to go back to a place where they treat you like a prisoner? Couldn't you just accept me? What's so wrong with me?!' 

My patience was at its limit, anger filled my veins and my heart thumped furiously. She turned away and put her clothes on. 'You don't understand, by doing this I have dishonored my pack and disobeyed the wolf laws. Punishment is being shunned.' 

I let out a deep sigh and held her hand when she wanted to leave. 'Please.. don't do this..' Her hand was tense as she turned around to face me. Her agonizing gaze made my heart shatter into thousands of pieces.

'Let's go somewhere..'

###################

We stood before a statue of a beautiful lady. Her angelic features made the girl beside me stare at her in awe. 

'She's my mother.' silence fell between us for a moment until she broke it. 'She's beautiful..' I laughed, 'Too bad, she's your kind.' 

 'Too bad?' A serious look formed on her face. I smiled and continued, 'She loved my father, and she didn't care if he'll love her for eternity, she just wanted to be with him.'

'However, my father was not as loyal as he seems. His love for her passed like a warm breeze in spring. He married the present queen and had her as one of his many ladies in the palace.' 

'Always promising that he'll visit her but never did. My mother couldn't let her first love go so she continued waiting until she gave birth to me. She was too weak..and she passed away.' 

Her hand slide into mine and held it gently. I kept my eyes on the statue as I gritted my teeth. 'After her death, he promised to make her son the most honorable prince and so he did..in a different way. He discovered my abilities and used them for his advantage. I, became a monster, to tame his monsters..'

#####################

In Gook

We have to get Yura back before that monster does anything stupid. I have prepared the pack for the visit. They could not deny the fact that she's not in their territory anymore. Her scent is obvious at the boundaries of their territory. She must've tried to escape..  I punched my fist onto the wall and swore to bring her back safely.

We reached their boundaries after travelling for 5 days and 5 nights. Excited and filled with anger, we howled to the skies announcing our arrival. Soon, pairs of bloody red eyes appeared from the dark. 'Nice to meet you, Alpha. It's really late now. Is there anything we can help you?' 

Faking innocence again. I tightened my fists 'Your kind have kidnapped our future Luna, don't you think it's time to give her back? Or do we need to shed some blood as an exchange?' the man before me chuckled and replied, 'We choose to be peaceful, and my king has requested that I invite you and your pack in for a brief chat and also to visit our new mistress. What do you say, Alpha.'

I thought for a moment and agreed. As long as we can get her back we'll do it. We walked through a few empty streets and arrived at the front of a magnificent castle. The environment was oddly silent as if there was no life around us. Our senses were alert of any noises and movement while heading towards the meeting hall. Two guards pushed open the doors and 50 ft away sat the king on his throne. 

'Welcome dear Alpha! I have always wanted to tell you how amazing it is that our kinds can coexist for so long without any conflicts. Of course, I hope you don't count this one as a conflict.' he laughed and came down from his throne. 

Hongbin let out a low growl and I moved my head a little to stop him. 'Lets not beat around the bush, hand my sister over.' I glared at him and he stopped in his tracks. He looked behind me and said, 'Didnt you tell them Jinyoung?' 'I did your majesty.' he turned back and the corner of his lips turned up. 'Let me introduce you to a new member of my family.' the side door opened with a creak and my eyes went wide open.

'Yura..!' Hongbin ran past me and quickly reached the girl with a veil over her head. Before he could touch her, two black figures held him down to the ground. The pack immediately ran to his rescue and was surrounded by a dozen black figures. I glared at the man before me, 'What.Is.This!?' 

He turned to me with an eyebrow cocked up, 'An addition to my family. Come here, sweetheart.' by the sound of his voice, the girl moved her feet, walking towards us slowly. 'YURAA!!!' Hongbin yelled as he tried to shake off 5 figures that were holding him to the floor. 

She stood before me, I was sceptical. Her face was still covered so it might not be her. He wrap his arm around her shoulders and whispered to her. 'Say hello sweetheart.' he lifted his hand and pulled the satin veil down. My heart shrank when her face was revealed. 

'Brother...' she whispered and my blood boiled. My fist went up and swing through thin air. He swiftly landed on his throne with her in his arms. 'Whats wrong alpha? Aren't you glad to see her?' he laughed and I turned into my wolf, blood will be shed tonight.