The Hermit

Wolf's Trail [Blood Moon Cycle #2]

I stared at the crimson eyes behind the silver mask, staring back at mine atttentively. 'Would you like to go somewhere with me?' He held out his hand and waited for my answer.

I frowned and continued staring at him. 'Where are you going to take her?' Sunny asked with her doll like voice as Seohyun continued 'Ken is not going to like it.'

The man smiled and replied with a soft chuckle. 'I'm sure he wouldn't mine if I borrowed his friend for awhile.' 'But..' 'Hey!' I gasped when he picked me up and slide through the crowd.

'Hey, what are you doing?!' I struggled in his arms as he continued towards the corner of the room. 'Shh!' I turned around and see an open window behind me. Wait, no way..

He covered my mouth and jumped through the window. My heart fell to the bottom of my stomach when I felt gravity pulling us down. I clinged onto him so tightly I thought I was going to crush his bones but of course, it did not happen. After an agonizing 30 seconds, I heard a soft thump.

He released me and I took a deep breath, my heart beating so fast I felt sick. 'What was that for?!!' I growled at him, keeping myself as calm as I can. I wouldn't want to change here.

'Well, I thought you would like to see a very interesting place.' 'No, I'm not interested. Thank.you.' I turned away and grunted, looking for an entrance to the enormous castle.

I cursed at the awfully long dress and regretted immediately when I tripped onto it. I didn't fall face first like I anticipated, instead an arm around my waist saved me from my tragedy. I looked up and see that guy staring above me. 'Be careful.'

He pulled me up and knelt down. My cheeks starting to burn again. Gosh, why do I keep embarassing myself. He held the hemline of my dress and teared the fabric, making the dress shorter.

'Th..thank you..' He got up and sighed. The ends of his lips turning up before he reached for his mask. Behind the mask was the face of a gentle and good looking man. He had eyes that resemble a fox and a smile that is as warm as the morning sun.

'You're welcome. Well..don't you want to see it?' 'See what?' 'The place I'm talking about.' Thoughts flitted through my mind as I considered his invitation. 'So?' I stared at him as he tilted his head before me.

*********

'Wow!! That's the city?!' I squealed with my fists clenched tightly with excitement. 'Yes, that's the city.' Bright and colourful lights lighted the dark like a starry navy sky. The people in it moved around like tiny ants with a soft chattering sound.

'Then what's at the far back there?' I squinted my eyes to catch a better glimpse at the black and creepy place a few yards behind the city. 'That's the Blood Forest. A place that not a single soul dare enters.'

The Blood Forest? Silence befell us as I stared at the enormous eerie shade behind the city. 'Why is it so..' Jinyoung came to my side and inhaled the cool night air. 'It wasn't such a shady place a few millennia years ago, but after the Ⅲ king took the throne, the forest became an execution place for prisoners. All pain, sufferings and tortures are encaged in that place. A place that only evil lurks in there. The people here loathe that place as it was considered the devil's sanctuary. That's why no one dares enter it except for the person who manages it..' 'Who is that person?' 

'Yura!' The sound of a voice made me gasp and turn around, I shifted my gaze when I see the person coming towards us. 'What are you doing here? Didn't I tell you to stay put?' 'Don't blame her, I brought her out.' Ken turned his sharp glare towards Jinyoung, frowning. 'That was daring. On who's permission?' Tension grew between them as I stood in the middle awkwardly. Gosh..

​​​​'Ken?' He turned his gaze towards me slowly and raised an eyebrow. 'I'm tired, can we go back?' '.....'

'Sure.' He let out a sigh and gave the man one last glare before picking me up in his arms and carrying me back to the castle.

*********

Moon Pack

​​​​'Arhhhh!!! Where is she?!!!' "BANG!" Hongbin smashed his fist through the wall and turned around to his pack members. All of them exhausted and confused from the endless search for their Beta's mate. 'Oh my god, what should we do?' Sojin put her hand to her lips as she leaned against In Gook. 

'Are there no clues to where that betrayer have taken her to?' In Gook wrapped his arm around his sobbing mate and said to Hongbin with a stern voice. 'No, unless..' 'Unless what?' 'Unless he has taken her to the Crimson Kingdom.' 'No way..the moon pack is not on good terms with them, how can he..' 'Yes, that's a probability.' Silence befell them as they thought of their future Luna's situation. 'Now everyone, gather at the meeting place, we are going for a 'visit' to the Crimson Kingdom.'