Promise

Wolf's Trail [Blood Moon Cycle #2]

5 hours earlier..

'Monster? What do you mean?' She stared at me with a frown, her eyes were urging me for an answer. I sighed, 'He made me the guardian of the Blood Forest. I'm the demon, Jinyoung talked about. I'm in charge of the dirty work and the tortures, the people here fear me for who I am. That's why I went to your pack..' 

She frowned and shook her head in disbelief, my heart ached at her response. I'm ruined.. I should've expected this, nothing belongs to me in this world. That's my fate. I reached my hand slowly towards hers but she jerked back. Her eyes wide, staring straight at me. I couldn't believe it.. I lost her.

'Prince Jaehwan, didn't thought we'll actually find you here.' I turned to my side and see Jinyoung and Chen standing by the statue. 'What are you here for..' I dropped my head and closed my eyes. Why would they come at a time like this. 'Well the king wishes to see you and your friend here so we came to get you both.' 

He tilted his head to the side as he stared at the girl with excited eyes. 'Please come with us Ms Yura.' he walked towards her and put his hand on her shoulder. I held my breath, hoping that she would turn to me, that she would tell me to stop them. 

But she did not..

We headed back to the castle in silence. It was the first time I felt so defeated, so ashamed of who I am, so sorry that I could not be the one for her. I'm just a demon; a weapon.

Yura

I didn't want to blame him but I couldn't get the stories of how my ancestors were tortured and killed by the "demon" of the Blood Forest out of my head. To know that he's that demon is even worse. I dont know how to react to his confession. How am I to face him and my ancestors next time.

The clouds are already grey by the time we reached the castle. My heart didn't prepare me for what I am about to face as I stepped into the cold hall. The lilac-chrysanthemum scent flowed into my nose as I inhaled slowly; reminding me to stay alert of my surroundings. The doors closed behind me and before I noticed, I was left alone in the hall. 

The eerie silence alerted my sixth sense, something is going to happen. 'Nice meeting you again, sweetheart.' my eyes met the crimson ones and felt the cold palm on my cheek. 'Whats the matter? You look so dull my dear, tell me who upset you, I will punish him severely.' he let out a smirk and stared at me lovingly. I kept silent and begged him 'Please...let me leave..'

He remained still, his expression not changing until he chuckled and sighed. 'I can't sweetheart. You must stay. I have other plans for you.' I frowned at his 'other plans' remark. What is he thinking? Why would he want to keep me? 'What do you mean?' I took a step back my brows furrowing together as I stared at him.

He laughed, 'You see, I've always wanted to keep Jaehwan here to help me with the..Forest. So, I found a great way to do that; and it's through you.' he pointed at me and smiled cunningly. He turned around and lifted his head, staring at the ceiling, he took in a deep breath. 'I tried everything I could. From giving him the title of crown prince to crowning his mother the Queen of Aisha. Still, he just wouldn't come back. Now, I have something to keep him here. And that's you dear.' 

He locked his crimson eyes with mine and let out a smirk; taking in a deep breath, he came towards me. 'However, I wont let him have what he wants so easily after the troubles he has put me into.' 

I growled at his disgusting twisted plans. My heart  was filled with such rage that I could eat him alive. 'You harbour such disgusting plans and intentions for your own son and you call yourself a KING?!! A FATHER?!! You are nothing more than a DEMON!!' Nonchalantly, he lets out a loud laugh and held my chin. 'I'm doing what's best as a father and as a king.'

'How can that be?' I glared into his eyes as he stared into mine. 'Well, don't you want to know how? I plan to make you my mistress, as my mistress, you belong to no one but me only.' 'I won't accept this! My pack will kill you when they get here!' My heart was thumping so fast I was about to change until he snapped his fingers and a guard brought a little boy in.

My eyes went wide with shock as I stared at Taeyeon's little boy. 'Eduard..' the boy turned around and let out a small whisper 'Mama?' the man let out a wicked laugh and I turned my glare back to him. 'What are you trying to do?!!' he caught his breath and said, 'Kill him. If you wont cooperate.' his eyes stared at mine as cold as ice, I knew he was dead serious. My mind immediately went wild, searching for solutions but it went back to zero.

'So? Will you say yes to me? Lady Yura.' he smirked and knelt down before me. As I was staring at him, I ought to rip his throat out but for now, I'll just have to go his way. 

I closed my eyes and lowered my head. 'I'm yours master. Please forgive me for my rudeness.' 'That isn't so bad~ Good girl..' he placed his icy hand on my cheek and leaned in to kiss my lips. After that, he got up and ordered a few maids to get me dressed for the upcoming "ceremony".

He had me wait outside the meeting hall as he went in ahead to greet his special guests. I thought nothing about it until tons of familiar scent waft into my nostrils. He's definitely playing around with us. God dammit that son of a b*!@#!!

Soon, I was called in. With a veil over my head, I could only hope that it stays on until everything is over. 'YURA!!' Hongbin ran towards me but before he could reach me, he was pinned onto the floor by a number of guards. Tears welled up in my eyes as I couldn't do anything but just stand there and wait for the next command. 

My heart shrank when he called for me. I knew this had to come but my heart will never be ready for this. I stood before my brother as the veil slided off my head slowly. His hopeless eyes stared into mine so blankly it made me wish I was dead. It's my fault. I brought this to them and they dont deserve this. This is all my fault..