City

Wolf's Trail [Blood Moon Cycle #2]

A/N: Hi guys, thanks for reading and subscribing to my story and I really appreciate your kind comments that encourage me to make it better. ; ) Do give me feedbacks about my mistakes at the comment section so that I can improve throughout this story. Thank you!!! \^o^/

Hyunwoo (P.O.V)

My head replayed the scene where father told me about his plan to keep the wolf girl. It wasn't because he was interested in her, but he needed something to keep Jaehwan here. The Blood Forest have been getting out of hand lately. Criminals planning escape plans and dark forces gathering to form alliances. He needed Jaehwan to keep things under control. Besides, he is the only one capable of taming those demons.

Another problem inside my mind is my upcoming wedding. Ughh.. My fiancee is Rose. The daughter of an important official in the kingdom, Sir Antoine Ludewig. I can see the interest that poor girl has for me, but my heart just doesn't move a bit for the little things she does. Even worse, I'm going to have dinner with her family this Friday night. Curse it..

'No! I want to do it too!' 'Hahaha..Desmond's a cry baby. Cry baby~' 'Hush, don't laugh at your friend. Come here sweetheart.' The voices of children pulled my attention away as I lifted my head to witness their interaction. 'Ms Yura is so kind. I hope I have a sister like her.' A little girl giggled and fall into the arms of a young lady. The others decorating her hair with beautiful daisies and fragrant wildflowers. The young lady wore a dark velvet cloak behind her back that splayed on the cold gravel like ink.

Her peculiar scent drew me in, urging a frown to form on my forehead. 'Yura, let's get back.' Taeyeon came to her side and gave her a smile. The girl, supposedly Yura, got up reluctantly and bid the children goodbye before walking away. I got a glimpse of her face. Mysterious crystal blue eyes, sadness overflowing in them, and a complexion as fair as a China doll. She doesn't seem like she's one of us, she's different.. very different.

*********

'Taeyeon, is he your..' The gentle hands held the small body bundled up in cashmere tightly. 'Yes, he is my baby. I had him with the previous crown prince, Chanyeol. Unfortunately, he passed away due to a very rare virus that can kill our type. I've been trying to find a cure to it for many years but to no avail.' I turned to stare at her, 'What are you talking about. You still have many years to come, you are immortal right?' She laughed, turning to the baby. 

'Have you ever babysitted?' I held the sleeping baby and smiled. I told her about my niece and nephew making her laugh at my little babysitting stories. 'Oh, look. Good morning little one.' I turn my gaze to the baby and see it staring at me with his groggy ruby eyes. His vibrant eyes staring into mine so deeply like he was reading me. To my surprise, tears started to water those hypnotizing eyes. 'Oh my god, Taeyeon why is he crying?' 

I handed the baby to her and she giggled, cradling it like it was made of glass. 'Yura, he's just hungry.' She held up a bottle and put the nip into his mouth. He stopped crying and started to on the milk hungrily. My eyes observed his every move until a voice whispered beside my ear. 'Is he that captivating?' I gasped and glared at the man smirking beside me. 'Stop doing that Ken. I'm going to hit you next time.' He chuckled 'Really?' I ignored him and touched the baby's cheek. 'He's so cute..'

I spent my day at Taeyeon's place playing and admiring the baby's cuteness until it was time to go. 'Come on Yura. The baby has to sleep and so do you.' Ken put his arm around my shoulder and pushed me out of the room. Taeyeon smiled and wished me good night before closing the door behind me. 

'Awww~ isn't he lovely?' My mind was filled with the baby's adorable chuckling as I flopped onto the bed. Ken just stood still in front of the window, staring into the moon lite night silently. 'Is something wrong?' His silent response made me somewhat nervous. The ends of his lips turned up and he mumbled 'She lives a very miserable life.' I cocked an eyebrow and thought, Taeyeon?

'Her husband, the crown prince died at a terrible time. The king favours him the most and he was undoubtedly the future king. But after being drugged by a traitor, he got so ill he couldn't get up from bed. That time, Taeyeon was pregnant with his baby, but his health was deteriorating at an alarming speed. Even worst, he died at the exact same time his son was born. That's when people started calling the poor child the Cursed One.'

'After his death, Taeyeon started making medicines and vaccines. Hoping that she could find an anecdote to the drug that had killed her love and damned her son. And in the process she tried all kinds of poison on herself to try out her products.' 

My lungs shrank listening to the heartbreaking story. She suffered so much and yet, she smiles ever so warmly at me every time I meet her. 'That's why she never mentioned her child to you, until now.' The cursed one, how awful can people be, even to their almost-to-be future queen. 'That's so horrible..' smiling, he turned towards me, 'For once, help her feel at peace alright?' After hearing his soft pleading words, my tears started to fall, again...

**********

It has been three months since I started helping Taeyeon babysit her baby while she went out saying she had things to do which I suspect it was experimenting on the anecdote. I didn't have the courage to tell her to stop doing it but my heart aches everytime I think about it. What am I supposed to do? The beautiful boy with golden blonde hair tapped his hand on mine making me snap out from my thoughts. 

'Hey..' he stared at me and gave me the most lovable smile. Laughing, I held him up in my hands and swinged him in the air. Adorable little chuckles made my heart melt like ice under the sun. Suddenly, the door was pushed open forcefully, causing the hair on my back to stand. 'Yura..' Outside the door stood Ken with a serious expression over his face. 'Is something wrong?'

********

'Taeyeon! Are you alright? What's happening to you?!' I held the icy frail hand in mine and cried. 'Shh..don't cry my lovely Yura. I knew my time was near but I didn't tell you earlier. I'm sorry.' Taeyeon cooed with a weak voice, smiling at me apologetically. 'No! Don't be..' I sobbed while she turned towards the baby in Ken's arms. He handed it to her and she the baby's cheeks gently. After giving him a soft and reluctant kiss, she handed him to me.

'He's yours now.' My eyes went wide when those words escaped her lips. 'No! Taeyeon don't say that!' 'Please take good care of him Yura.. you are not alone. You have Ken. I've heard of your loss. Please take him as a gift from me for being so strong, so lovable...Same to you, Ken..' her eyes drifted to the man behind me as she forced her last smile, before drifting into eternal sleep. 'TAEYEONNN!!!'