Ties

Wolf's Trail [Blood Moon Cycle #2]

In Guk 

My blood boiled with rage while my fists turned into strong grey paws. My nails gauged the marble floor before I lunged at the man before me. As expected, he was agile. He dodged me easily with my sister in his arms. He must've threatened her into staying with him but I'm going to make sure she realizes that her life is more important than ours.

'Yura!! Don't listen to what he said!! Come back to us now!!' I glared into her eyes but she wasn't responding; she's not taking my words. 'LISTEN TO ME!! YOUR LIFE IS MORE IMPORTANT COME BACK!!!' I howled into the air and her eyes finally responded. 'I have to protect someone. Trust me, I will come back home.' 

That silly girl. I couldn't believe what I just read from her eyes. I jumped up on the throne swiftly as I yanked a piece of his silvery cloak. Urghh!! I ought to bite off his legs!! Wolf cries and vampire snarls were all over the place. This silent place has become a war zone. We're not going to leave until we get her.

'Gosh! This is tiring!' the man with the fake smile gazed at us from above. He stood by a carved angel on a pillar two storeys high. I growled at his words as he stared at us with excitement. 'Come on alpha. No one's threatening lovely Yura, it was her decision to stay. Stop being a bad brother and just let her go.' he leaned her head onto his shoulder and gave me that bloody smirk again.

'GODDAMNIT!! YURA!!!' I snarled and banged my enormous paws against the pillars. My eyes stared into her empty ones. Gosh, what should I do.. I cannot let her go again. Suddenly, a spark came to my mind. That's it! It must be him! I turned to my pack and howled a message, loud and clear. 

All of them gave me a nod and stopped their ongoing combat with the vampires. I could clearly see that the vampires were in shock since they don't speak wolf. My eyes turned back to her hollow ones and now they're filled with fear. 'No..not him.' her lips moved and the blood just drained out of her face. 'Wait!! You're wrong! That's not it! Please brother!!' 

I turned away, well looks like that's it then. I turned to Jungkook, our pack's tracker. After taking a sniff of the air, he growled and led us to the one who caused us this misery. 'NOO! NOT HIMM!!' I heard her yell in the back but we arent going back empty handed. 

Yura

My heart was racing so fast I was on the brink of a heart attack. He clearly wanted to kill him. He got it all wrong! Oh my god, what should I do?! 'Well looks like it went as planned. Nice work sweetheart.' I swinged his hands off and glared at him. My eyes sending daggers through that glare as I gritted my teeth. 'You will regret this!' he chuckled, 'Well that's some scary words there but we'll see. Shall we watch it?' 

Once again, he wrapped his arms around me and brought me onto the marble floor smeared with blood. 'We have to hurry or we'll be late for the show!' he carried me in his arms as he ran pass the hallways until we're out of the castle and inside the Blood Forest. I was lost for a moment while I thought about what he meant. 'What did you do..' 'You'll see love.' the smile on his face went wider as he dashed through the dense forest that reeked of fresh blood.

I knew the pack was close when their scents started to flow from an old weird looking building. Soon, I could hear their snarls and growls as we neared a big prison-like cell. 'This is it! Looks like we're still early.' he jumped onto a beam so we could have a better view at what's happening beneath. My eyes went wide when I saw what's actually happening.

Dozens of wolves surrounded a man at the middle. He was a mess. Blood, deep gashes were all over his body. He was breathing deeply as he tried to keep himself from falling. 'Oh no..Ken..' my tears started to fall like streams as I screamed for them to stop. My eyes were fixed on the dying man's ones. I could tell he was trying his best to hold himself together but he will fall sooner or later. 

My body went ahead instinctively but a hand grabbed me tightly and yanked me backward. 'Shush! Stay here love. It's not over yet, look.' I couldn't bare to look at him anymore. My hands covered my eyes and I became a weeping mess. He was still fighting for his life. All I could think right then was to save his life. Immediately, I turned to the man witnessing the battle with a smile. 

'PLEASE!! PLEASE HELP HIM!! I'LL DO ANYTHING! JUST SAVE HIM!' I grabbed his leg as I begged him; fearing that he would reject me. 'Really?' he knelt down and my head. 'Yes..please save him.' my voice trembled so hard I had to bite my tongue to stop it. Then, he laughed and snapped his fingers. A giant cage fell just above Ken. Keeping the wolves away from him. One wolf in particular  continued to claw desperately at the cage but to no avail, he failed to reach him.

After reassuring that he was save, Ken let out a sigh and fell onto the ground. The wolves below finally turned their attention towards us and their eyes were filled with blood lust. They wanted to kill us for real. 'Come on love. Prove to me what you said just now was true. Cut your ties with them.' he whispered beside my ears but I'm sure they heard it all. 

In Guk's eyes were back to when he saw me just now. Blank and filled with despair. Then there was Hongbin's. No words can describe how agonizing the pain he's feeling in his heart right now. He stared at me like a dying man, he knew it was going to end but he held on to hope till the end. It was beyond what words could describe what everyone was feeling. It was an agonizing moment.