Waltz

Wolf's Trail [Blood Moon Cycle #2]

'Sojin..I mean Taeyeon..' Taeyeon giggled and replied 'Yes?' 'I don't know if I can walk in this thing.' I frowned, my blue eyes staring at the red gown in the mirror. Taeyeon laughed, tying a beautiful butterfly knot with the corset lace behind me.

'You'll get used to it sweetheart.' She brushed my hair gently with her icy cold fingers and gave me a warm smile. I smiled back with a frown, uncertain of her encouraging words. While Taeyeon was still busy brushing up on my appearance, the door creaked open.

'Are you ready?' A sensual scent of musk and florals filled the room when Ken came in. The freshness and smoothness of it made me close my eyes to inhale it more deeply.

I studied the sleek black tux he wore as he came to my front. The exquisite cut of his tux suited his cool and suave manner perfectly. The black coat he had outside his midnight blouse and dark waistcoat made his fair and distinct features more beautiful and mesmerizing.

He looked like a character every girl fantacized in their dreams. The fine red tie he wore around his collar and the satin red handkerchief tucked in his pocket completed his look. He's breathtaking.

I kept staring at him to the point it felt weird. He cleared his throat, smiling. 'What's wrong?' He arched an eyebrow with a smirk playing on those alluring lips. 'Nah, nothing.' I shifted my gaze and just shrugged, concious that my face has already given me out.

'Well, we have to go now. Thank you Taeyeon.' Ken turned towards her and gave her a nod. 'No, it's nothing. Go on, you two are going to be late.' Taeyeon smiled as she walked us to the door.

'You're not going?' I grabbed her hands with disappointment. 'I'm sorry sweetheart, I have other things to do.' 'But' 'We're running late Yura, let's go.' Before I could finish my question, Ken pulled me out and left Taeyeon standing there. A sad smile lingering on her face. I frowned at her expression as we head towards the ball.

*********

We passed through some dark and beautiful hallways as we hurried down the long aisle. Beautiful tinted glass windows projected soft gleams of colourful lights, painting the walls like a big canvas. Ken held my hand tightly, pulling me down the hallway until we reached the end.

We stood infront of two magnificent doors painted in white and gold. Elegant carvings carved onto its borders, giving it a royal and old feel. Cold air hit my face as soon as the doors are pulled open. I gasped when I stepped in to the classy ball room.

Girls in gorgeous gowns and beautiful masks walked pass us while man with bows and ties held cups of red liquor in their hands. Suddenly, I felt so out of place I wanted to just run away.

Ken pulled my hand and I instinctively pulled back. 'What's wrong?' Ken smiled and I glared at him 'Why's everyone wearing a mask?' I moved closer towards him when I noticed eyes staring at our direction. He laughed and replied 'Silly, the theme is masquerade.' 'What?' I turned towards him and he had a mask on his face. When did he put that on? 

'Why didn't you tell me?' Damn, this is so awkward. I felt insecure knowing that I couldn't look at the faces of the people around me. 'You can't have one.' 'What?! Why!' I held his hand tighter when a man passed by me. 

'Because you are the reason we're having this party.' My eyes went so wide I felt my muscles strain. 'No way.' He chuckled and gave me a nod 'Yup, you'll be welcomed to..well..join us.' 'Oh my god, what on earth.' 

'Come, let's do it.' 'Do what?!' I screamed silently as he dragged me to the center of the hall. He knelt down and I followed suit. 'Greetings, your Majesty.' Oh my god, what?!!! 'Ken, you and our guest have finally arrived. I'm so glad.' 

While I was wincing in embarrassment, I felt a presence by my side and I looked up. 'Welcome to my kingdom, dear.' His vibrant crimson eyes are dangerously alarming as his rosy lips landed on my cheek. 'How's it staying here?' He gave me a smile and disappeared.

I frowned a little, uncomfortable with his 'quirky' manner. His deep voice rang from the top and I shifted my gaze to see him sitted on his throne comfortably. 'It's really nice to have the precious daughter of the previous Moon Pack alpha here in my kingdom. It's really an honor.' He carried a dark vibe although he spoke with a smile on his lips. 

As I continued glaring at him, the air became a little tense. He chuckled and a soft hiss came from above. 

'Well, let's talk some other time then. I hope you have fun tonight, my dear. Let the party continue.' The eyes that stared at us from around turned away and the music started playing again.

'Jesus, Ken! Couldn't you tell me beforehand what you are planning to do?' He turned towards me and smirked, 'I prefer him to chat with you now rather than some 'other' time.'

'What's wrong with that?' I stared at him confused, as he shook his head and pulled me away. We made our way through the crowd and stopped at the food corner. 'Ken!' A high pitched voice made me jump out of my skin.

I slipped towards Ken when a girl came towards us. The voice belonged to a girl around 158 cm and dark brown hair that rested on her shoulders. She had a bright smile on her face when she approached us. 'Brother, it has been so long. Why haven't you come to visit us?' 'She's right. What took you so long?' Another girl appeared and she gave me a smile.

​​​​I bit my lip and gave her a nod before she turned her attention back to Ken. 'I'm so sorry for not visiting. Yura, this is Sunny and this is Sooyoung.' Ken introduced them to me and the girl named Sunny beamed 'Is she your girlfriend?!!' She grabbed my hands and intended to hug me. I jumped and pulled back, startled.

She noticed my reaction and apologized. 'I'm so sorry. Did I frighten you?' My cheeks blushed and I pinched myself. 'No, I'm just not really used to it here.' Sooyoung tilted her head and smiled 'I apologize on behalf of my immature little sister. It's nice to meet you, I'm Sooyoung the fourth-princess.'

'And I'm Sunny the thirteenth-princess. Its really nice to meet you!!' 'We're both in charge of the attire department.' Sooyoung smiled and landed her gaze on my gown. 'I..I'm Yura. Its nice to meet you..' I gave them a smile and they became more interested in me. As I was answering their never-ending questions, Ken left me alone saying he had to meet his family relatives who are eager to meet him after so many years. 

I bit my lip trying to slip away politely until a gentle voice rang beside me ​​​​​'Hi, it's nice to meet you. I'm Jinyoung.'