Vampire Territory

Wolf's Trail [Blood Moon Cycle #2]

Beads of sweat rolled down the sides of her blushing cheeks, making her porcelain skin sparkle like a shade of fairy dust. The smooth creases on her forehead deepened, causing her flawless features to twist in pain.

Soft pants escaped her pale lips while her chest, covered with blood, rise and fall like the wings of a floating butterfly.

My finger reached over to wipe the drop of sweat hanging on her chin before checking her wound.

I sighed when blood continued to trickle down the cloth around her shoulder. She's not going to make it like this. I turned my gaze towards the misty sky outside the cave and took a deep breath. Looks like I have to get going again..

My arms cradled the fragile body and lifted it from the damp ground. Her skin, cold and clammy, pale and dead. If she dies in my arms, I will never forgive myself.

Fearlessly, I took a great leap and landed on a big rock at the other side of the cave. If I slip by accident, it'll feel like falling from an 80 storey building.

With the dying girl in my arms, I ran a good 100 miles in full speed through the deep forest. As I sped through the greenery, nothing seemed to have changed for the last 50 years.

Then, I gulped when the blood on her wound started to tempt me.

I have to hunt. 

After scanning the location, I placed her under a tree and covered her with my shirt. This could help by warding off hungry predators scavanging for food. I took another glimpse at her before taking offt. No time is to be wasted.

My ears and nose kept track on the girl's surroundings, catching any scent or sound around her as I hunted for prey. After filling myself with 2 deers and a rabbit, 3 different scents alerted my senses.

Not good.

I rushed backl, just in time to see 3 figures standing before me. 'Oh my?! Is that you?' A boy with a wide smile stared at me with glee while a girl and another boy stood still behind him.

'What are you doing here, Your Highness? We thought you are never going to come back.' He giggled and gave me a smile so fake I had to turn my eyes away for a second.

'None of your business.' I shifted my body to cover the girl after catching the boy behind him turn his hungry eyes towards her. 'Mmnn~.'

I let out a loud snarl, crouching my body in an attack stance. The boy and girl snarled while the boy in front held up his hands in surrender. 'We're not here to fight, ok? Please..' After a small nod to the back, the two recovered and lowered their heads. Since when did they become wolves?

The girl let out a soft moan, making me curse under my breath. 'I see you are in a hurry, your Highness. You should leave.' He said with his brows furrowing, turning his crimson eyes towards me. 

Without turning my back, I jumped to the girl's side, lifting her and taking off immediately. After confirming that those three didn't follow up, I relaxed a little and continued my journey.

The enormous castle unfolded before me as I sped through the tall and historical trees. My heart started to thump, bringing back memories to my mind. This damn place. Who knew I would ever come back?

I made my way through the guards and gates towards the main hall. In the process, pulling along tons of eyes and whispers behind us. 'Hnnn~' My eyes fall to the girl when she let out a weak moan. 'We're almost there.'

Two robust guards pushed open the tall and heavy doors, releasing a soft lilac-chrysanthemum scent into the air. Tons of questioning eyes followed us as I walked into the hall with the girl in my arms.

Thanks for making me the center of attention babe.

An enormous sparkling chandelier hung above the tall ceilings as small crystal lamps lit the whole place with a gentle glow. Long and thick velvety white curtains were tied to let the evening sun fill the entire space. The pillars and ceilings are carved with elegant Italian carvings done by amazing craftsmanship.

Certainly not a place people think vampires will live in.

Silence befalled us when I laid the girl on the smooth marble floor. 'Greetings, father.' I knelt down in front of the man who looks no older than 25, sitting on a precious throne engraved with precious diamonds and gorgeous gems placed on a high altar. Beside him sat a women that has the charm and beauty of a goddess.

'Ken, I couldn't believe it. You came back? Is there a problem, son?' He stood up and walked towards me. His cold stare fixed on the girl like a snake stalking its prey.

His crimson eyes sparked with astonishment when he inspected the girl's features. To get a better look, he got down, forcing his subjects to kneel down with him.

'Interesting..what's she doing here?' He kept his eyes on the girl as he slide a finger down her pulsating neck. 'I wish to let her stay..until she recovers.' He turned his excited eyes towards me 'Why here?' 'She was bitten by her mate...more accurately, she was rejected.'

He let out a scoff before walking back to his throne. 'Why should I allow that?' His crimson eyes piercing through mine as he goaded me for an answer. 'I'm indebted to her.' He chuckled and leaned forward. 'That's unexpected. What..' 'No..'

Their icy red eyes shifted to the girl immediately when she let out a soft moan. 'She's dying.' Everyone turned their gaze from the girl to the lady on the throne. 'Why don't we heal her first?' She gave the man a smile so gentle and flawless, it was hard to reject.

The man furrowed his eyebrows in deep thought before shifting his gaze back to the girl. He gave me a nod and leaned back with a light smile on his lips.

'Krystal, please take them to the Sacred Falls.' 'Yes.' After thanking the queen, I picked her up and carried her out of the hall immediately.

Krystal left us at a dark place before giving me a nod to go ahead. My strides became faster as I walked through the doors to the Sacred Falls.

The air inside felt like we have entered an entire different world, so fresh and comforting, unpolluted and holy. The sound of water filled the space as I placed the girl in front of the round pool.

A cool breeze hit my hand when I removed the girl's clothing. Throwing the dirty clothes away, I carried her and immersed our bodies into the pond surrounding a fountain. Glowing white mists blinded my vision as the water temperature started to rise.

Blood stained the crystal clear water into a murky brown but evaporated immediately after being devoured by a luminous white glow. 

My eyes stayed on her shoulder until the wound started to shrink and disappear, leaving no scars at all. 'You're such a trouble...' I sighed and leaned my head against the edge of the pond, my eyes closing with a sudden heaviness slowly pulling me down to the darkness.

A/N: Hi guys, thanks for reading my story. >﹏< I hope you guys can give me feedbacks about my mistakes by commenting so that I can make it a whole lot better. ;) Thank youuu!! \^o^/